Chapter 17- The birth of a Demon Lord
209 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17- The birth of a Demon Lord
-A Holy knights Diary-

5th Day of the 583 year (Author note, they don’t use months just days and years.)

I have begun this diary in hopes of our descendants would learn from our past mistakes.
I am the leader of the banished tribe; we rebelled against the corruption in the holy kingdom. After the death of Queen Eliza, the kingdom had its first king. All the princesses suddenly died and most of the major noble houses began to change to male heads. Soon after her majesty's death, many heinous crimes began to become commonplace. I was head of the holy knights and served during the rule of the second king Ellsworth, we prayed to goddess Athena but we didn’t receive any direction. I believed we must have angered the goddess and as a consequence of her anger, no one in the past 100 years has received her blessing.

I was not alive at the time of Queen Eliza, but my grandfather was a knight who served by her side for many years. My grandfather use to tell me stories of the goddess's grace, but I was saddened to see how quickly the kingdom turned its back on the goddess's teachings.
Many of the sisters in the church began to be assaulted by highly influential nobles and that was the breaking point for me. I decided I could no longer keep quiet, but I was an arrogant fool who fell into the trap of the king. We secretly gathered troops using the paladins from the church and nobles who thought the current king's actions go against the teachings of Athena. I knew by slaying the current king we could bring in a new queen and end this madness. After reaching the king's room we were surrounded. One of the nobles betrayed us and in return, the king destroyed the church and started a new one in its place. All the church personnel including myself was sent on ships and banished. We had around 2000 People on board 25 vessels. It was a setup from the beginning, the nobles loyal to the king wanted the church and rival nobles to rebel. Stupidly I allowed the 2000 innocent people to be punished due to my stupid self. This is a regret I still have to this day and I hope one day I will be able to repay the goddess's favor.

This was not mercy though, the king decided to banish us to stop the lower classes from rebelling. In his words, if we were working towards the goddess’s path we will be guided to safety. I was sent to lead the Banished. We were only given 30 days’ worth of food.
On the 29th day of our voyage, I was shocked to see my daughter enveloped in light on the deck. She spoke with such majesty that we all couldn’t help get on our knees. I later heard from the other captains her voice echoed to every ship. After hearing her voice I understood this was the voice of the goddess.

“My children, you have allowed corruption to seize our home. For this, in the future, I will not guide you as I have before. I will not hold your hands since you are no longer children. But fret not since I have not abandoned you. I will continue to grant my blessings to the worthy and I will let them lead you. In the future, you must develop and prosper inside a new environment. I will be sending you towards my sister’s race. They are known as the Dryad but beware I will not allow any of you to bring harm to them. You will have to adapt to live with nature since they are nature itself.”

After the goddess finished speaking through my daughter she suddenly collapsed and fell into a deep sleep for a few days. I was worried but I knew the goddess would not unjustly take a life. When she woke we were shocked to find out she was the new oracle of the goddess. All the captains including myself called her by the title of High Priestess. This was a title not seen for nearly a hundred years.

Even though we tried to preserve our limited food we ran out by the 40th day and many onboard began to get agitated. One of the lead ships spotted an island in the distance and after getting on the land we spotted extremely beautiful women covered in ivy. The biggest difference between us and them was that they were counted a sudo-spirits and it gave them a slight glow. But I am not quite sure what they mean by Sudo spirits. To tell the truth, the Dryads gave us a massive feast to welcome us, even though we had just arrived I felt more at home here than I did back at the kingdom.

After many years of development, the dryads helped us build some shelters and even a place to pray. In return, we taught them many of our technologies. Dryads can control lesser spirits including the spirits of the earth that allowed us to gather metals without damaging the land. Our houses were warped trees and together we invented a new use for the rune magic. We called them crests. We would magically infuse them into our souls with the help of the dryads by doing so we could obtain strength and abilities beyond our normal limits. The biggest drawback to crest was that they reduced our overall mana limit so only mages with high MP could engrave a powerful crest onto their souls. Lastly, a crest could not be removed easily when engraved, there were only two ways to do so. Allow your crest to be absorbed by another however, by doing so you would permanently lose that portion of mana, the second but the most dangerous method. You have to undo the engraving with help of a powerful spirit however, this procedure will reduce your lifespan.
My daughter has not received any further oracle since the day on the ship however, a few girls were granted some lesser blessings.
This is the rough rundown on what has happened before I started writing my diary.

105th Day of the 588 Year
This is the second entry. I only plan to update my diary on important events. We have decided on our governing system. We will have a council of the people who have received the goddess's blessings. There will not be a ruler and they will not receive any additional benefits except for their basic living necessities. This was to help stop corruption from once again sprouting inside our new home. The dryads also received blessings from their goddess so they will send their representatives over also. If either of the races has more representatives than another we will reduce the number of votes one side has, but all the blessed will still be able to speak inside the council. I hope this time we will not bring shame to the goddess.

-The Holy Kingdom King Ellsworth Pov- 202nd day of the 590 year
“My people today we go into a new age of our kingdom, we have expelled the corrupt church and nobles that planned to divide our kingdom. Today we will rename our nation to the kingdom of Ellsworth and we will establish a new church worshipping our true god Diablo.”

While the mad king Ellsworth looked around all he heard was silence. The crowd outside his castle only held sorrow and despair inside their eyes. With hundreds of soldiers keeping all the peasants in line king, Ellsworth looked upon them with a happy smile as he leaves his balcony. Walking through long hallways King Ellsworth reaches a secret room hidden behind a bookcase. After activating a spell diagram that holds hundreds of small runes he was able to enter a large cellblock holding dozens of young women.

While glancing at some men wearing black robes with uninterested eyes the king orders them to prepare the women. One by one the women are called in and laid onto an altar. “In the name of the demon god Diablo, I offer you this sacrifice. Consume her soul and grant me power.” After sacrificing over a hundred women a dark red aura began to ooze out of the king. He will be known as the first demon lord known to all as Diablo. Due to Nathans and the girl’s absence the world of Gaia will be shaken to its core.

 

Author note- 

I know I haven't uploaded a lot recently but I haven't had a lot of free time recently due to the death of my family member. I have several chapters that are nearly ready but just need their final edit. I will get out at least 2 chapters this week and I will aim for at least one chapter a week from now. I will aim for two or three though. I never knew how much work you need to do for a simple story. Lmao. I  also plan to start a discord, but I am going to look up how to set one up correctly since I am terrible at setting up discord servers.

7