Chapter 18- The birth of a Demon Lord Part 2
203 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Chapter 18- The birth of a Demon Lord Part 2 --

“Hahaha, I have obtained a greater power wahaha.” While laughing to himself, king Ellsworth started to put his new goal into motion.

I will overthrow the gods themselves and become a deity that all will worship. Many of the citizens of the fallen kingdom didn’t know was that males in the royal family were looked down upon by the goddess and her priestesses due to their more aggressive nature. Since the early times of mankind, the goddess decreed that she did not wish for war. When Queen Eliza became queen she lessened the discrimination towards men however, after some strange travelers arrived her whole attitude towards men became terrible. This was because she discovered that many men of the kingdom were abusing the authority to do what they wished and were even found to be breaking many of the goddess's teachings. This made her disgusted towards male nobility and she ordered that all heads of noble families must be female. She had decreed that any man that attempted to break any of the goddess's teachings would be heavily punished. My father told me she started to shun every prince's opinion after that and they were treated as just rubbish.

King Ellsworth obtained the title of ‘Demon lord (Unawakened)’ at the age of 12, after sacrificing a large number of people shortly after he had banished the church he had awakened as a true demon lord. He has been making plans ever since he became king to become much more powerful and rule the world.

Many smaller kingdoms started to appear in the lands beyond the scope of his control. To the south are many smaller nations and to the north, there is a powerful nation with a similar size military force as his own. Many new nations started to form during the Silent age while the goddess went quiet. The first king took the opportunity to eliminate his sisters so he could claim the throne. Now his son who inherited his father’s malist towards the goddess decided to rebel against her and take her place as humanity's patron deity.

After becoming a demon lord I started to dream of techniques unheard of by humanity. It always started the same way though. A misty figure with an aura more powerful than I have ever felt. I knew I wished to obtain a similar strength, to crush that arrogant goddess who thinks she can look down upon us like bugs. These techniques must be a gift from a great power, it must be the voice of a mighty being wanting me to gain power surpassing the goddess. After learning of the method of sacrificing female virgins to obtain a portion of their power king Ellsworth became more and more insane with power.

“Now that blasted church is gone it is time to unify humanity once again under my rule. Wahaha.”
It has been several days since the mad king obtained the unique title of a demon lord. Only one demon lord can be born at a time. It is a hidden feature of the game system. The demon lord is a being that misuses the excess creation energy of the creator god and obtained something similar to divinity. By sacrificing innocent lives they can use the energy to convert the souls of the victims being sacrificed. This is the first ability of a newborn demon lord that allows them to break away from the system's control.

Walking into a room full of distorted figures the king takes a seat at the center of a large table. After taking his seat the twisted humans follow and take a seat after him.

After becoming king even though he had not awakened as a demon lord yet he was able to perform the demonization ritual onto his subordinates. They would become twisted and no longer human.

The mad king looks at the monstrous humans in front of him and spoke in a proud tone. “My friends, today is a great day. We are no longer bound by the goddess's control. We will take what is rightfully ours. From today onwards we will no longer be humans we will call ourselves the demon race.”

With loud applause over the king's declaration, the king smiles feeling pride in their betrayal of Athena.

A man with goat-like horns speaks up towards the king. “My lord, I am grateful for your grace of teaching us of gaining new heights of power. I have gathered a small force on our southern border to begin a raid on the small nations on the south.”

“Good job Mammon, as one of my first recruits you understand what we must do now.”

“Of course my king, we will invade the other nearby nations and use the men to bolster our forces to invade our largest enemy. The merchant state will not be able to hold out against such a large force if we can quickly absorb the smaller nations around us.”
“Good, but you seem to have not thought about something important.”

“What would that be my lord?”

“That’s simple Mammon, we will sacrifice all the virgin women in the villages controlled by small countries to the south and use the non-virgin women as breeding tools to produce new pawns.”

A chubby man with brown and green skin spoke up with excitement. “Does that mean we will breed them to produce sacrifices as well my lord?”

The chubby man Is known as Morax a great Earl that has served the mad king for many years. He was near death and King Ellsworth offered him a way to extend his life. He was the second person to go through the ritual of demonization. By using a sacrifice and using the power of a demon lord he became a Lesser Fiend.
After finishing talking about their plans, they all went their separate ways to begin the preparations.

 

Athena’s POV
While panicking she did not know what to do. Aura and Nathan had entered the world Ares had given them. Due to the speed up and her not having any permission to interact with that world she had no way of contacting them. During their stay with Aura's parents, they had forgotten to pause the world fully. They had left certain parts accelerating including the dragon mountain. Since they had entered the human’s lands to look for recruits to join Nathans Divine Army they forced the humans to no longer be paused and accelerate with them. Due to my Absence many things started to go wrong, the divine kingdom fell apart and they no longer worship me.

Worse of all I am unable to pause the humans for some reason. I can’t even view the former capital of the humans for a reason unknown to me. It is like it is no longer part of our world, I hope Nathan and Aura leave soon since Gaia will be in big trouble otherwise. Why did this have to happen when Aura asked me to look after the world while they were gone?

Luckily I spotted a small number of faithful believers. I decided to pause the area around them and introduce them to the dryads. They are close by to their island and I will impersonate as their god to get them to develop a bit more before their arrival.

I spent a few hours getting the dryads to build larger villages, since I am impersonating their god right now I left them mostly on the same developmental path. They are the keepers of a huge forest, they are counted as half spirits. In fantasy worlds Spirits are formed from large clumps of mana that formed wisdom. Most spirits form around lay lines, but I am not quite sure why.

While waiting for Nathan and Aura I sent messages to my priestesses that surrounded the Ellsworth Kingdom. I sent a warning to the nations that still worship me that the Ellsworth Kingdom has rebelled against me and to send spies to uncover their plans.
Looking at past records I uncovered it has something to do with the Ellsworth kingdom's king. I was unable to load any information on him since he was 12 unless I use the feature on someone else who was interacting with him at the time.

Letting out a sigh I knew I had messed up big time. Even though I was not the one who didn’t pause the dragon mountain I knew it is my responsibility to help Nathan manage his world. I couldn't even investigate the current situation correctly. “This is pretty strange.”

After introducing the faithful humans that were banished to the dryads island they had developed a new use for the runes. They had engraved it into their souls with the help of the dryads. They are calling them crest and it gave them a great boost in physical stats.
With this, I had a thought. I could use them to help me take control of this current crisis. Deciding to fast-forward the Dryad's Island for around 200 years I was shocked to see a massive population boom. From a population of around 2000 humans, they are close to around thirty-five thousand now. Even though they had such a small number of people due to the dryads being able to control spirits they had no shortages of food or materials. Their children were surviving to adulthood while keeping with the instinct of having many children due to the former higher mortality rates of the kingdom.

After I did this I felt 3 presences. Walking over I was happy to see Nathan and hugged him. Even though it had only been a few days I had never been separated from both Aura and Nathan for so long. I felt quite relieved to have them back.

“Welcome Back Nathan, I missed you!” After giving Nathan a hug I looked towards him, I realized that the third presence I felt must be the new Deity Ares gave us.

While looking at her she introduced herself to me with a smile. “Hello My lady, I am Freya Nathan's new mistress. I will be in your care.”
While looking at her with a confused expression I asked Nathan a question. “Is this the god Ares gave us? Why is she being so polite Nathan? Are you planning on turning her into a maid or something?”

After Nathan looked at the woman he replied in a confused tone. “No, I wasn’t planning on it, Athy. Why do you think she is becoming a maid?”

During our stay with Auras Parents Athy became my new nickname. I always felt so happy when Nathan calls me it. After a brief second, I responded to Nathan's question.

“Because she said she is your mistress. Aura explained to me that mistresses are maids.” After a long conversation explaining to me and Freya that she is not a maid, I was confused about what a mistress truly was.

After we got Freya settled in Nathan began to do some work on developing the Ragnarok system but due to the unexpected changes happening in the world of Gaia I had to interrupt them. I didn’t want to do it while Freya was about since I still don’t know if we can trust her. So I began my long explanation to Nathan and Aura on the situation so far.

Author Note

I hope you like this chapter, I know the story has been kind of slow so far but we are getting into the nice and interesting parts where a load of the small decisions made by them will have consequences. I didn’t want to make this story where they would succeed in everything. I wanted to make it somewhat believable on the grounds of if you are new at something you’re going to make loads of stupid mistakes. You may be able to play a game but attempting to do it in real life would be completely different.

In the next five-ish chapters you should see a load of hidden plots come out from previous chapters.
Athena is confused since she would be another one of Nathan's women so Freya has no differences in her and Nathan’s relationship than Athena. You will also find out later that Athena had been teaching her people that Mistresses are maids. :P

Discord
I have nearly finished my new discord server. I had a friend help me set one up since I always get him to make them since it takes so long. :P
Let me know what you think of the chapter so far.

8