Chapter 20- Hero Summoning
197 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20- Hero Summoning

 

I was just a normal girl growing up, I didn’t have many friends but I took pleasure reading fantasy books. I always wished I could have been transported into one of those worlds where heroes fight for the people. After graduating my final year at college I took a part-time job at a local store. When heading home one day I was hit by a truck that went through a red light.

 

After shutting my eyes I suddenly woke up inside a stone room. It had cobbled walls and a giant finely crafted wooden door. Looking up towards the ceiling I saw a black void through a large skylight with several planets floating inside it.

 

“Welcome hero to another world. Sadly you passed away on the other side but we are willing to give you another chance to live.”

 

Turning around my eyes met with a man not much older than me. Beside him sat three women on beautiful throne-style chairs. The girl sitting to his left is a typical fantasy elf with large pointy ears, long curly blond hair that reaches her hips, and body proportions that would make any woman jealous. The woman to his left was a gorgeous human woman with black hair, but what stood out the most was her unusual eyes. One looked like finely polished gold and the other was a similar shade to blood. On a step down I spotted an angel-like woman in a very fine chair, it was not as grand as the thrones above her but it was still excellent quality. She had the typical beautiful white wings but looking at the rest of her I noticed a big difference compared to the stereotypical angel. She had hair as red as roaring flames that were the same shade as her eyes. It was like looking at a blazing flame.

 

But my eyes always went back to the man in the middle with the largest throne. It's hard to tell since he is sitting down but he must be at least six feet tall and in comparison, I look tiny. I’m a little over five feet tall so I am pretty small even for a woman. He has pitch-black hair as dark as the void I sit beneath.

 

I thought I better reply since he spoke a while ago. “What do you mean I have died and where is this place?”

 

With a small chuckle that made my heart race, He spoke up with a gentle tone. “You have died and I have summoned your soul to become a hero. I am the God who created the world I am sending you to.”

 

He is a god... I was sat there dazed for a moment thinking about all the possibilities of what could have happened to me. After a while, I had no choice but to accept that it would have been impossible not to be hit by that truck, especially since I have no sign of injuries on me at all. “Isn’t this too much like a novel? I guess I am in a dream.”

 

After I said that I heard a lovely chuckle from the elf girl. She spoke in the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. “Yep, you are right about it being similar to a novel, but no your not in a dream. Those novels were inspired to allow summoned hero’s to easily adapt to a new environment.”

 

“You are saying that all the books about other worlds were inspired so hero’s like me would not be so surprised. So how often do you summon hero’s to need to do that.”

 

The elf girl stayed silent for a brief moment before responding. “This is our first hero summoning. To be truthful we summoned your soul from my father’s world.”

 

Feeling shocked at the bombshell I have just heard I responded in a surprised tone. “So does that mean there are multiple gods of creation? If so are you all gods of creation?”

 

This time it was the human woman who spoke in an uninterested tone. “No, none of us are gods of creation apart from our husband. Nathan is the one who created the universe you are in now. There are several other gods of creations in other universes. When a new god of creation is born they will create their own universe with their own unique laws.”

 

Before I could speak the man she called Nathan spoke up. “I will explain this to you in more detail later, but now let's get on with why we summoned you as a hero. Recently a demon lord has been born and it is not just a threat to this world. It could consume all of my creation.”

 

As soon as he said about the demon lord I felt my face go white. It's another cliché situation but that means I would have to put my life on the line. “Does that mean you want me to kill the demon lord?”

 

With a small chuckle, Nathan responded with a smile. “Yes and no. I will be coming with you though. We summoned you as support for the upcoming battle. My gods cannot come with me since the demon lord could consume their divinity and become stronger. It could even kill them.”

 

While looking at him confused I asked what must be a stupid question for him. “Why can't he take your divinity then and isn’t it possible for it to kill you?”

 

“The simple answer is yes he could. But you will need to know a bit more first. The body I will descend in is something like an alter ego. It's not my true body and even if it dies in most situations It won’t affect my main body. For my divinity, my main body doesn’t use it normally but uses the origin energy known as creation energy. My alter ego cannot use pure creation energy. It does use divinity; however, since it holds a piece of my soul it contains a small amount of pure creation energy that will protect me from the demon lord right now. ”

 

“So does that mean your energy is too strong for him to absorb it?”

 

“Yes, that’s right.”

 

After our brief conversation, I decided I would help. This had always been my dream anyway and all I keep doing is asking skeptical questions.

 

After getting down to one knee I spoke up. “I will help save this world god of creation, but I have one request.”

 

I decided I would ask a simple request since I'm not arrogant enough to make demands from literal gods. I know I have been acting quite casual towards them but they all just have this comforting aura around them that makes it difficult not to feel secure around them. Even so, they are still gods and they all could easily make me suffer for as long as they wish if I was to upset them.

 

With a smile, the elf once again spoke up. “Please tell me your request.”

 

“Please after I am done don’t send me back to my original world, I wish to stay here!”

 

After a few seconds of not hearing anything, I looked up to see the elf girl trying not to laugh. I think she might be a bit childish. “Did I say something, wrong goddess?”

 

“Hahaha, sorry, sorry! I was expecting for you to ask for some sort of cheat ability or godly item but you just wanted to stay in this world. Firstly you died in the other world so it would be difficult to send you back and lastly... Sorry we forgot to do proper introductions”

 

Nathan- “My name is Nathan Garner and I am the god of creation of this universe.”

 

Aura- “I am Nathans Childhood friend and now his head wife, Aura. Oh yeah, I am also the god of magic.”

 

Athena- “I am the goddess of wisdom Athena. Humanity’s Patron deity and it's nice to meet you.” With a blushing face, Athena responded in a quiet voice. “I am also one of Nathans wives.”

 

Freya- “I don’t know why I am here to be truthful but I am Freya Nathans mistress. My domain is The End, but I am not a god of the world you are being sent to. ”

 

After the weird introductions and finding out all the goddesses in front of me are Nathan’s wives I asked my last question for now. “When will we be going to the new world?”

 

“After we gear up, I will transport us to a country that is boarding the demon lord's kingdom.”

 

 

Nathans POV- Just before the hero summoning

 

“You girls will continue to work on the development of the Ragnarok star system. It is going to be important that we start to head towards nearby star systems. Goal one is the development of the local planets and to start getting satellites in other systems. While you girls do that I will be on Gaia to start gathering an army.”

 

While looking at the nervous Aura I heard her do something she hasn’t done in a while. “Tt that ss sounds fine b bb but what aa about leaving a a Athena here t t to w w watch oover you.”

 

Walking over and hugging Aura, I tried to comfort the tense elf. I know she is worried for me since she only stutters when her emotions get the better of her. I was pretty surprised but I whispered in her ears. “It's fine Aura I promise I will come back safe and I won't be fighting the demon lord yet anyway. I have to return tomorrow so we can head to the faction meeting.”

 

After a while of appeasing the nervous elf’s worries, I asked the other two girls to look after Aura. Athena and Freya both don’t seem as tense but I was worried for all of them still.

 

Now let’s head towards our new throne room and summon the hero. We had already spoken to Zeus and he gave us a slightly modified version that would allow us to summon a hero from one of his worlds. He said it may be a better choice for us since his people are more stable than mine.

 

 

Side story- Goddess of the Earth Gaea’s Divine Diary part 3

 

I still remember that day, even now it is one of my fondest memories. Shortly after Aura and I moved to earth she had trouble making friends. Luckily one day while outside she met a boy named Nathan. He has always felt slightly different from every other human I have met so far. Even though I have lived a long life especially compared to humans I could never understand what was different about him. He just had a soothing Aura around him and nature felt at ease with him there. It was extremely strange since he couldn’t use any special abilities. Even though I was a god I couldn't understand this little mortal.

 

Since I was happy that Aura had made a good friend I invited him round on Christmas since he spent most holidays by himself. His family was always traveling for one reason or another and he was left to pretty much fend for himself.

 

“Welcome Nathan make yourself at home. Would you like something to drink?”

 

With an awkward motion, he nodded. Due to his family situation, he seems stiff around most adults. “Thank you for the drink.”

 

Nathan and Aura were playing in her room, since he is a child he probably hasn’t realized that this house is too large to fit inside this small structure but it is fine.

 

It is pretty funny since I have received several letters from Zeus now telling me to watch Nathan since he is a bug that might try to take advantage of his daughter. You might be wondering how he is sending these letters. He is ordering his subordinates to send their underlings that have had no contact with him to deliver a letter to me. It is pretty funny since I have already received over a dozen letters so far.

 

“Kids it is time to open presents.” After saying that I spotted Nathan saying to Aura that he had to go now.

 

I assume he didn’t realize that I had got him some too. I felt kind of bad since I saw the lonely look in his eyes. After getting Nathan to agree to stay I noticed Aura had a small present that I hadn’t gotten her.

 

“Aura dear what is that?”

 

While acting shy Aura spoke with a happy tone about her Nathan bringing a gift for her. Knowing his situation I know that it must have taken most of his money he had to just buy her a small gift.

 

“Isn’t that good Aura say thank you.”

 

This cheery atmosphere was suddenly ruined by a knocking at the door. Knowing what it was I surrounded the room with a soundproofing spell.

Watching Nathan and Aura play I let out a happy sigh. Knowing elven nature I knew that Nathan had no chance of getting away from Aura now. Due to elves living long lives we are inherently loyal and this leads to us normally getting married to our first love. Some species call elves natural stalkers due to this trait.

 

Knowing Zeus also knows this I let out a chuckle. I hope these happy times will continue and I cant wait to see their futures.

 

Taking Nathan home I decided to make sure Zeus does not interfere with their relationship and I wished to learn more about the mysterious boy.

 

Author Note-

 

Merry Christmas people of the internet. I hope you will enjoy your holiday period. I hope you will all get to spend time with your family. Remember to all the adults out their drink in moderation since hangovers are a killer :P Jk.

We will have a continuation of this side chapter on the New Year to explain more of Nathans childhood.

Before anyone says about a plot hole about Nathan meeting Auras mum. He forgot about her due to Zeus wiping his memories and he has a few fragmented memories of Aura. I had my friend read over this chapter and he said about it so I pointed it out lmao.

 

Happy holiday and I will post a new chapter on a new year and the day after. So two chapters again.

7