Chapter 9: Bandits and Family
2.2k 10 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Back to Mc POV

I woke up to Elly shaking me awake. 

"Hmm?" (Luna)

"Excuse me, Ms. Dragon, can we please talk again."

"Ok, is there anything you want to know?"

"Yea, can you please tell me your name?"

"It's Luna." 

"Luna... Luna..Luna.. Ok, I think I got it."

"Can I ask you a question, Elly?"

"Go ahead."

"What was your family like? If you don't want to answer thats fine by me."

She looked down for a moment before shaking her head.

"No...It's ok. My parents were very nice and they were always working to help us."

"Us?"

"Mhm. My sister Alysa and I. Alysa was quiet but managed to always get what she wanted to say across. She was strange in a way. She was able to read people like it was nothing, it was impossible to lie to her because she always knew when she was lied to. Oh and when we first saw you in the dream she was able to join me in my dream to show you to me. When the bandits arrived disguised as traveling merchants she told me to flee into the forest to get your help and she would stay and try and wake you faster. She said we would meet again in the bandit's hideout. "

"Hmmm. She sounds very interesting. I'm guessing you want me to go and help her?"

"No. I want to come with you when you go to their hideout."

"Shall we go now?"

"Huh?"

I got up from out of the bed and got dressed in some of the clothes I took from the village houses. I then opened a portal using space magic to the village.

"Shall we?"

"W-wait, like right now?"

"Of course, we have no time to wait if we want to meet your sister again."

"O-ok."

She stepped through the portal first and I followed after. 

“Let’s first see what direction the bandits left so we can find their hideout. I will be right back.”

“Huh, where are you going Luna?” 

“I will be much faster so I’m going to run around the village as fast as possible to see if I can find their footprints.”

“Oh, ok. I will see you soon then.”

I ran around the village at a speed that made it to the farthest of the 3 gates in under a second. 

Hmm, people did come through here but all the footprints are the wrong way. On to the next. 

As I got to the next gate I could easily tell that this was the right way before doing a thorough check. So I ran back to Elly to tell her I found the right way. 

“I’m back!”

“FAST!”

"Ok, I'm going to transform now step back a little bit."

"Ok."

I also walked away from her to begin my transformation. As the transformation completed I felt that something was off, my vision was higher than normal and everything looked a bit smaller. 

"L-luna is it just me or did you get bigger than last time."

[That's funny, I was about to ask you the same question.]

I lowered my head and brought my hand forward to help her climb up. 

"Thanks."

[No problem. Hold on tight]

She began to hug one of the smaller horns on my head as I took off and flew in the direction of the trail of the bandits. After a minute of flying, I asked Elly a question.

[Hey Elly, I have three plans for attacking the bandit's hideout. The first one is to try and be stealthy and kill the bandits quietly, but that will be difficult because I have no stealth skills. The second one is I announce to them to have everyone they have captive set free or I will destroy their hideout, I will probably destroy their hideout anyways but they can use the captives against us. And finally, I attack fast and hit hard not worrying about noise, and clear the place as fast as possible, the only downside is they will certainly use the captives against us but my magic skill is something I'm confident in so I will probably be able to save everyone.]

"Hmm give me a moment to think."

[Ok]

After a few minutes, Elly spoke up again.

"I got a better plan that's sort of a combination of the second and third plan, it goes something like this -"

After she finished telling her plan all I could do is laugh. It was an incredible plan to crush them all in one go after crushing their hopes and dreams.

[HAHAHAHA THAT'S EVIL I LOVE IT! Man they made a mistake making you mad.]

"No, it's only because you will be the one doing it. I would have never been able to do this plan myself."

[Fair but still it's you who came up with the plan...I see the hideout lets land now]

"Ok. Fufufu."

[Uwaa Elly's switch has been flicked.]

We landed in the forest and I let Elly down from off my head then I transformed into my Dragonkin form. I cast a space spell on Elly to make it so she wouldn't be seen. The spell made it so everyone outside the little bubble Elly was in couldn't see anything inside it and it just looked like nothing was wrong, no light, sound, or smell came from it. I could see and hear her still because it was my magic but to others, she was not there at all.

"Let's go Elly."

"Ok. let's!"

We walked up to the front of the Bandit hideout which looked like a makeshift castle made from anything they could find. I began the first phase of the plan.

"OI, I WANT TO CHALLENGE THE LEADER OF THIS GROUP TO BECOME THE NEW LEADER!"

I could sense that the bandits were startled by the sudden yelling of a voice they did not know and were rushing to the front door. The Bandits started flooding out the front door but when they saw me they froze.

"""HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA""" (Bandits)

"Oi oi, what is a little girl like you going to our group? You are not even armed." (Bandit A)

"I'll tell you what I will do, I will challenge your boss, win then become your new boss. Oh and I don't need weapons to win against all of you."

The last of the bandits finally came out leaving only 7 unmoving people in the base. I sent a telepathic message to Elly only.

[They are all out, go for it. There are 7 people all locked in one room on the top floor.]

"I'll wait for you. I want to watch this." (Elly)

"So someone wishes to challenge me? Norton Brooks, a former A-class adventurer?"

"Norton Books? Are you sure you aren't a librarian? Are you sure a librarian can win against me?" (Luna)

I could tell every time I mentioned book or librarian he was getting more and more pissed and it almost looked like a vein was about top pop.

"Tsk. It seems you want to die. I won't make it nice, I will make you feel despair that is worse than anything you have ever felt before." (Books)

"Huuuhhh? That's funny. I was going to do the same thing."

The bandits began to surround me and Norton as if making it an arena for us.

"Because I am a gentleman, I will let you have the first move." (Books)

"sigh Oh well, your funeral." (Luna)

I began to transform into my dragon form then looked down on Norton and the other bandits. Every one of them was shaking with pale white faces.

[Hahahahaha. Dispair was it? Please, show me what despair is. Shall we begin?]

I swung my tail behind me killing all the bandits behind me. Then I fired a weak breath attack on the bandits surrounding my front also instant killing all of them leaving only Norton left alive from the bandits.

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding

I reverted my transformation then slowly walked up to Norton and began to speak again.

"So Norton, please do explain how you are going to make me feel despair? I am extremely curious."

He then charged me with his sword raised screaming in terror, to which I sidestepped and sliced him in two with my claws using [Partial Dragonificaiton]. He stopped and fell on the ground with blood coming out in a perfect line across his torso. 

"Welp let's clean up"

I used a fire spell to instantly burn all of the bodies leaving not even ash behind. I then canceled the barrier spell on Elly and saw her laughing.

"Hahahahaha! Did you see the looks on their faces when you transformed! That was hilarious!"

"Umm. Are you ok?"

"Like grossed out? If so then no, I closed my eyes before you attacked them so I saw nothing nasty. The sounds were kind of gross though but man that plan worked out perfectly!"

"Oh, ok. Let's go free everyone now."

"Yup!"

We walked into the makeshift fortress and the first thing we saw were empty carriages, most were tattered and in pieces but there were two in one piece. The main building of the hideout was a 2 story tall building that looked like it had been an abandoned building before the bandits moved in. 

"They should all be upstairs in the center room." (Luna)

Elly nodded and continued walking with me. When we found the stairs I felt something in the lower floors central room that felt like it was a part of me wanting to reconnect. I ignored the feeling and gave priority to the missing people and Elly's sister. My honest impression of the place was that it was too quiet. 

"Is this the room?" (Elly)

"Yea but is it just me or is it too quiet?" 

"Mhm, I'm getting the same feeling."

"Stand back, let me go first."

"Ok."

I tried to open the door to only find that it was locked. I punched where the handle was leaving a hole in the door.

"Well, that's one way to unlock a door." (Elly)

"Ok then, should I have gone through the wall instead?" (Luna)

"That would be interesting to see." (Elly)

"Elly... Is that you?" (?)

A small girl poked her head through the hole I just made.

"Katie! What are you doing! We don't know if they are safe!" (Older sounding woman)

"No it's probably ok Mom, Elly was there it's ok." (Katie)

"Then who was the one who talked in our heads!?" (Older sounding woman)

"Uh yea so I'm coming in now and sorry for that, that was me. I didn't mean for it to reach here." (Luna)

I then walked through the door like it wasn't there. I looked around the room and saw everyone looking at me with wide eyes.

"Elly this is sorta what I meant by going through a wall. Cool right? Oh and for you guys here wanna get out of here?"

Elly broke into laughter by my entry into the room while the rest of the people still were dumbfounded.

"Dragon?" (?)

Another small girl spoke who looked very similar to Elly.

"Yup, I'm guessing you are Alysa that Elly has told me all about."

"Nn"

"D-d-dragon are you here to eat us?" (Older woman)

"What? No. Why would I, that's nasty? Oh, yea Elly, come on stop laughing and come say hi to your sister."

Instead of waiting for Elly to stop laughing Alysa gave her a flying tackle hug that sent her to the ground. This time it was my turn to start laughing.

"You're late." (Alysa)

"Haha, I'm sorry... Uwaaaa. I was so scared, I thought I would lose you too." (Elly)

Elly broke down crying so I decided to tease her a little bit.

"Looks like someones on an emotional roller coaster."

"I don't know what that means but shut up."

I looked around at the rest of the people here and noticed they were much more relaxed than we first met due to the current atmosphere.

"So once their emotional reunion is over shall we take as much as we can from here then leave?" (Luna)

The people there all nodded. Before I left the room to go look around I remembered that their village had been attacked and destroyed so I had to ask them a question.

"By the way do any of you have anywhere else to go because I hate to break it to you but the village you guys lived in is in a terrible state."

They all looked down and shook their heads to say no, but one woman spoke up.

"I'm not from the village but I do know that the country across the mountain range has much better public order. The problem is that it would take months on a carriage to go around them."

"How do you know that it's got good public order?" (Luna)

"I live over there. I had a job in this country to research something they found here that they were unable to figure out. I was asked to transport it to the nearest city but that's when I got captured."

"Hmm. Ok, we will go to that country tomorrow then."

"Hah? I just told you it will take months to get there!"

"Don't sweat the small details. You will see soon."

I left the conversation at that and started heading towards the room where I felt the strange feeling from earlier. I noticed that everyone was following me as I walked towards the bandit's storage room. I had to forcefully open the door again because it was locked and I walked straight to the strange sensation.*

There was a strange gem with writing on it. The researcher lady came up behind me and started to speak.

"That's the thing that was dug up. No matter what you do it won't do anything."

I picked the gem up however it did not take long for something strange to happen. The gem began to sink literally into my hand. The researcher lady was dumbfounded looking at where the gem had been then to my face. All of a sudden I was assaulted by a similar pain like when I learned [Dragonification].

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

Once again the last thing I heard before fading to black was the familiar, Ding!


---- Elly's POV ----

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

I quickly looked over to see Luna screaming in agony then collapse on the floor. 

"LUNA ARE YOU OK? WHAT HAPPENED MISS?"

"I don't know she touched a gem and she absorbed it then she started screaming! I didn't do anything!"

Alysa ran over and touched her hand to Luna's head and then closed her eyes. After a while, she opened her eyes again and began to speak.

"Ms. Dragon is ok. She will wake up in a few hours."

I gave an audible sigh of relief and sat down. I asked the researcher a question.

"Hey miss, you have seen a lot of races on your travels right?"

"Yea, why do you ask?"

"Have you ever seen a race like her that can transform into a dragon whenever they want?"

"No, I have not. I have never even heard of dragons turning into humans...wait no I might have."

"What do you mean by that?"

"In one of the ancient ruins, I have visited there was a carving in the stone that said something along the lines of 'The race that could turn into dragons disappeared, they were called the' and the rest of it was gone and we couldn't find anything in that ruin that fit. We all thought we had translated it wrong so we just dismissed the message like it was nothing."

We continued to talk about various topics till Luna finally woke up.


---- MC's POV----

"Holy fuck...."

Those two words held two different meanings at the same time. Before I had time to process it more Elly gave me a dive bomb hug similar to the one her sister gave. 

"Are you ok Luna?"

"Physically yes, but I'm still processing the things I just learned."

"What did you learn?"

"I learned a lot of knowledge about my race, the Dragonkin. Including why they got erased from existence in the past. I do not feel comfortable sharing this knowledge because if the same thing is repeated by another race they will be erased as well."

"I'm glad we were not able to uncover that knowledge if it risked our existence." (Researcher lady)

Everyone else nodded. 

"Let's go this place is giving me the creeps now." 

I said as I got up and started to walk towards the entrance. I went in front of one of the carriages and started pulling it through the gate. 

"Let's go. Everyone, hop on." (Luna)

"Can I still ride on your head?" (Elly)

"Nn, me too." (Alysa)

"Sure why not."

I transformed into my dragon form and once again I had grown much larger. I was now about 50 meters long.

[Hmmm. Apparently, I can get bigger one more time although this is already way bigger than it needs to be. Haaah]

I sighed at my ridiculous growth. I brought my hand over to Elly and Alysa and they climbed on. I then brought my hand to my head so they could climb up.

[Two questions. One for the group in the carriage and the other for Elly and Alysa. First, would you guys in the carriage be fine if I dropped you guys off at the outskirts of a town on the other side of the mountain? Then Elly and Alysa would you like to stay with me?]

Elly and Alysa were the first to respond.

"I would love to live with you! Your house is really pretty and I still haven't seen most of the house. It will be like a nice family once again."

"Nn, will stay with Elly."

[Hmm, a family does sound nice. For the rest of you will you be ok when I drop you off?]

"We should be fine if you just drop us off right outside the gates so the guards can come to pick us up when you drop us off." (Researcher lady)

Everyone else nodded at her words. 

"Elly and Alysa need to come to visit every once and awhile, OK?" (Katie)

[It should be much easier to come to visit after we find the place you want to stay so it will be very easy to arrange visits.]

I waited for everyone to get seated in the carriage then moved to pick it up. 

[Everyone, we are about to go. It should take about an hour to get to the mountains but I have no idea how long it will take once we begin to cross them so make sure you take care of everything before we leave. Are you all ready?]

Everyone agreed so I picked up the carriage and took off and flew towards the mountain range.

Announcement
Holy fuck that was a longer chapter than I thought. I originally planned for it to be a short and sweet chapter but I just kept going "Oh this sounds good" or "I should add this too" and it repeated till we are here with 3.5k words lmao.

I originally had another portion of the chapter at the * but I changed it out since it would cause problems in the long run with the story. I'll put it below in a spoiler so you can read up to where I stopped and deleted/switched it out for the current one

Spoiler

"Huh? Why is this here?"

There was a tablet sitting on the table, like a literal tablet from Earth. The researcher lady came up behind me and started to speak.

"That's the thing that was dug up. No matter what you do it won't do anything."

I generated a small amount of electricity from my finger and touched the tablet.

"Hey what are you doing you could... damage...it. How?"

The tablet's screen lit up and was now white and had a loading screen on it. I took it with me over to one of the chairs nearby and sat down. Once the loading screen finished loading it displayed a single question.

Would you like to begin?:

Y/N

"Can you read what that says, Miss Dragon?" (Researcher)

"Yea, I'm going to start it to see what it means by 'Would you like to begin?'"

"Sorry, what was that last bit? Your voice stopped when you spoke that last bit." (Researcher)

"Never mind. Anyways I'm going to mess with this for a little while."

I tapped yes and all of a sudden I was assaulted by a similar pain like when I learned [Dragonification].

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

Once again the last thing I heard before fading to black was the familiar, Ding!

[collapse]

Here is the discord server BTW: https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa
You can yell at me to get chapters done here so join yesyes!

Anyways, Good night and thank you for reading!

 

53