Chapter 8: Elly’s POV
2.1k 8 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I woke up I felt that I was being hugged by someone, I opened my eyes to see the mysterious woman holding me while I slept. I snaked out of her arms trying not to wake her so I could get out of bed to look around. We should have been in the village however the room we are in does not look anything like any of the houses that were in the village. I looked out the window to see that we were very high up and in the forest once again.

"Is this her house?"

I looked back over at her sleeping peacefully still on the bed. I continued to look around the room until there was nothing else to see then walked towards the door and opened it. I looked back once more just to make sure she was still sleeping and once I confirmed it I went outside on to a little balcony that had stairs going down to another small building in the tree. After staring down at the ground for a few seconds I looked back at the tree and realized that this tree we are in is multiple times bigger than the dragon I saw yesterday.

"....wait....Dragon?.... Could it be that she was the dragon from last night?"

I ran back inside and looked at her head and counted her horns. She had 8, the same as the white dragon.

"mmm.....I'm....sorry....I....wasn't...fast...enough" (Luna)

She started sleep talking and it confirmed my suspicions that she was the dragon who helped me yesterday. I decided to leave the exploring for later and get back in bed with her. I gave her a hug after pulling the covers up and thought how much my life has changed since the day we all first saw her in our dreams.


----- 7 days ago -----

It was like any day in the village, my mom and dad woke up early like normal and feed me and my sister breakfast before my sister and I went out to play with our friends. Our friends consisted of 2 of the younger village boys and 2 other girls from the family next door. When we got to the usual meeting spot we waited for the others. Katie arrived first after me and my sister Alysa.

"Sophie isn't able to play with us today because she isn't feeling well." (Katie)

"Thats ok, I think Jack and Tommy are not going to be able to play with us as well today because they are usually the first ones here." (Elly)

"Mhm." (Alysa)

Alysa has never been one to talk much but somehow she manages to to get her point across. 

"Ok let's go play at the edge of the forest!" (Elly)

"You have always been such a tomboy Elly. Whatever lets go, it sounds fun." (Katie)

"Ohhh!" Alysa said as she raised her hands into the air

We walked to the gate of the village and told the guard that we were going to play in the forest for a while.

"Be careful out there. You never know what lives in those woods."

""We will!"" "Mhm." (Elly, Katie, and Alysa)

Never would I have thought I would meet a Dragon that was bigger than most of the village in this very same forest.

After a few hours of playing we went to one of the trees that was a little away from the forest to relax for a little while. Alysa decided to take a small nap in the shade of the tree while Katie and I talked for a while.

"So do you like any of the boys in the village Elly?" (Katie)

"Nah, none of them are my type. How about you?" (Elly)

"Hmm I kinda lik-" (Katie)

Katie was interrupted by Alysa waking up and sitting up extremely fast and looking pale. 

"Are you ok Alysa?" (Elly)

"Saw a Dragon." (Alysa)

""WHAT?!?"" (Elly, and Katie)

"C-can you describe it Alysa? Preferably with more than 10 words." (Elly)

"Huge dragon, bigger than the village, sleeping, and white like snow." (Alysa)

"W-we should go back to the village now!" (Katie)

"Y-yea lets go. By any chance do you have an idea where the dragon is Alysa?" (Elly)

"Mhm." Then she pointed into the forest. "That way."

Me and Katie looked at each other, then looked at the forest, then looked back at each other then nodded.

""Lets go back to the village. Like right now."" (Elly, and Katie) 

We all went back to the village as fast as we could and on the way we decided to tell our families only about it. Although when we told ours they just laughed and said it was probably a dream.

That night before bed Alysa asked if she could sleep with me and I inevitably agreed due to her persistence. 

"Elly." 

"Yea Alysa?"

"I'll show you the dragon."

"Sure you will Alysa. Let's go to bed."


I thought I was awake everything felt so real. I got up off the ground and saw Alysa waving to me telling me to come over. I walked over to her and asked her a question while looking around.

"Heeyyy Alysa, where are we?"

"Nn showing the dragon. Come"

She started walking in a direction before I could respond so I just sighed and began to follow her. After a while she stopped at the edge of what looked to be water and pointed. 

"See, Dragon."

I looked up from the waters edge and followed her finger and my mouth must have dropped to the floor when I saw it. It was like she said earlier in the day. A massive snow white dragon almost the size of the village that was sleeping. 

"Come." Alysa said as she grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the water.

"W-wait Alysa the water!"

"Can walk on it. Its OK"1She is now declared loli Jesus lmao

She dragged me to the water and showed that we can walk on it. She started dragging me again towards the dragon.

"Alysa what are you doing?! Oh this must be a dream. Thats right we went to sleep so its a dream."

"Its not a dream. Dragon and this place is real."

"Wha-"


Both Alysa and I woke up at the same time and I quickly looked at her then around the room to see if we were back home.

"Alysa... I saw the dragon too."

"I know. I showed you."

"Huh... So what you said about it being real is true?"

"Mhm"

"Do you know how far away it is in the forest?"

"10 days walking. Some running"

"...Lets go talk to mom and dad."

"Mk."

We got up and got dressed for breakfast and to get ready for the talk with our parents. While getting ready I asked Alysa one final question.

"Hey Alysa?"

"Mn?"

"Do you by any chance know when it will wake up?"

"Mhm" She nodded and held up 7 fingers.

"7 Days?"

"Mhm"

We then walked over to the dining table where our parents were sitting. I noticed that they looked a little scared so I just decided to hit the heart of the problem.

"Did you see the dragon too?"

Both of them nodded.

"Can you tell us what you saw?"

"Sure, I was on a lake I couldn't move from that spot but I could look around and when I looked up from the lake's surface I saw the White Dragon." (Dad)

"I had the same dream." (Mom)

"Thats strange.... We had a similar dream but we could move around. Unlike you however we started in the forest at the other side of the lake and started walking across the lake towards the dragon. We could both control all of our body and Alysa pulled me towards the dragon."

"Nn. Dragon is real. Wakes in 7 days. 10 day on foot to it. From here."

Both my parents dropped their jaw like they just heard something unbelievable.


Everyday was similar since then. Everyone was much more tense, talking about the dragon to the point it got the name "The White Dream Dragon." When we went to bed every night in the dream we got closer to the dragon because we started where we left off. Everything was going fine until the 6th day when the traveling peddlers arrived earlier than expected. 

They had said they saw the dreams of the dragon and were scared so they hurried up their paces. The closest village was this one so they decided to stop here. Alysa looked at them from inside the house and then quickly ran over to me. 

"Elly, they are bad people."

"Huh what do you mean?"

"They are not the peddlers. Run to the forest to get the dragon to help."

"Huh, How do you know the dragon will help."

"Trust me I know. The peddlers are bandits that will attack tonight. Will try to wake the dragon earlier today. Get the dragon to help."

"Ok. You have never been wrong before. I trust you. When will I see you again?"

"At the bandit hideout. Come with the dragon."

"Ok I will. Stay safe till then ok. I love you."

"Nn."

I ran towards the gates and into the forest, and as I entered it I started hearing sounds of fighting. I just simply started running faster and didn't stop running until I was stopped by the one I needed help from most.

I was scared at first until I heard a voice in my mind.

[Young one, what are you doing in this forest? It is dangerous for a child of man to come here.]

I tried to open my mouth to speak but no words came out. The voice that I heard inside my head this time was filled with worry and care.

[Uhh young one are you ok? Can you speak?]

"W-white D-dream dragon...."

I spoke its name or at least what I believed its name was and it responded with a little chuckle and some caring words once again.

[Is that what I'm called now? Again are you ok?]

"Ye-sh ow ow ow, I mean NO. Please help me..."

Ow I bit my tongue when answering. I came back to my senses and realized I needed to ask for help.

"M-my... village was...sniff... attacked by... bandits. Please help my village."

I was starting to cry but I was doing my best to hold it in. 

[Umu. I have nothing better to do so I might a well lend a hand or two.]

"THANK YOU! Please save ...them."

[Well I don't know where your village is so its best you guide me, hop on my back and tell me where to go.]

"OK!"

I guided the dragon to our village from the top of its head. I saw a pillar of smoke coming from the direction of the village and told the dragon that the village was there. It speed up to get there as quick as possible but we were too late. I quickly tried to get off the dragon when we landed and she, I think, let me down but before letting me down said cautioning words.

[Stay with me at all times. If you do I will certainly protect you]

I nodded and stuck near her when we entered the village. I began to yell out to my parents to get their attention. 

"MOM, DAD, ITS ME ELLY I BROUGHT HELP!"

While walking through the village I called out multiple times but I never got any responses. When we got to our house it was damaged and I saw two bodies in front of the house.

"M...om? Da...d?"

My memory starts getting hazy around here but I know I cried until I passed out but I vaguely remember a beautiful woman hugging me and trying to comfort me. I couldn't tell at the time but that woman is the same person as the dragon. I woke up in a place that I have never seen before still being hugged by the woman.

I will save you Alysa!

Announcement
OH SHIT I ACTUALLY GOT IT DONE IN TIME!

Next chapter will be Chapter 9: Bandits and Family

https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa <- Join this I seriously recommend it you will be able to know when I am about to finish chapters!

Good night and thanks for reading!

55