Chapter 7: Dragonification and Newcomer
2.2k 8 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I have been procrastinating for the past 4 hours sorry.

https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa Discord has been made.

I woke up feeling well rested1Lol like that ever happens in real life :cool_crying: and decided on my plan for the day. First thing that I was going to do is choose my name that I have put off for way too much time now, after deciding on my name I would complete the [Dragonification] skill. 

"Hmm where to start. Amelia? No... that doesn't feel right. Maybe Nova like a supernova that happens when a star gets brighter. Oh going with the celestial bodies theme maybe Luna like the moon?"

I decided to go with either Nova or Luna but I couldn't decide so I made myself a makeshift coin out of wood to do a coin toss. Heads for Nova and tails for Luna.2I actually did this in real life because I couldn't choose the name since when I last looked at the poll the two names were equal in votes I flipped the coin to see the results... Is what I imagined to happen however when I flipped the coin it flew so high its a good possibility I won't see it again. 

"Well that was unexpected... Sigh... I guess I have to make another one and use a lot less force."

Instead of a wooden coin this time I used earth magic to make a stone coin and I tried again.

"Hmmm... Tails3this was the actual result of the coin flip, do you want a picture? Well too bad you get a video is it? I guess my name is now Luna."

After deciding my name I went to go eat breakfast before thinking of what I wanted to make my dragon form look like.

The Skill [Dragonification] has been unlocked. Would You like to customize your [Dragon Form]?
Y/N

I tapped yes and another large window showed up that looked similar to the Character creation window

Dragon Form Creation

Warning: Recommended to be in an open area when Creating

Size: Enter Data Eye Color: Enter Data
Dragon Type: Enter Data Tail Length: Enter Data
Scale Color: Enter Data Wing Color: Enter Data
Horn Count: Enter Data Horn Color: Enter Data

When looking through the dragon types I saw many dragons that I had recognized and others that I did not. Some of my options looked like this, [Water Dragon], [Flying Dragon], [Wyvern], [Leviathan], [Chinese Dragon], [Japanese Dragon], [European Dragon], and many other of earths perceptions of dragons and races of them that existed in this world. I decided to go with the [High Ancient Dragon] to match my race. It looked like a much larger version of a [European Dragon] with more horns. 

Dragon Form Creation

Size (Minimum: 25m):  30m Eye Color: Gold
Dragon Type: [High Ancient Dragon] Tail Length (Minimum: 10): 12m
Scale Color: White Wing Color: White
Horn Count: 8 Horn Color: Light Gray

Confirm Choice:

Y/N

Warning: Recommended to be in an open area when Creating. Once you hit [Y] you will automatically transform.

I read the warning and decided to fly over to the lake as it was open enough for me to begin the transformation. I flew up and excitedly anticipated my transformation. Since I was a kid I had always loved everything about dragons, I loved their ability to fly, their often sleek and strong scales, and how in every story I have read dragons had the pinnacle of strength only second to only the strongest gods.

When I finally arrived at the lake I immediately pressed yes after landing. I quickly noticed a strange feeling that was getting more and more intense. After a few seconds I recognized this feeling, it was pain. Excruciating pain as my Dragonkin body was being remodeled before my transformation.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH”

The pain had gotten so bad that I could feel myself loosing consciousness. The last thing I heard before everything went dark is the familiar, Ding


Everyone in the world that night when they went to sleep had seen a dream, a dream of a pure white dragon, bigger than any person has ever seen before and its eyes closed by a small lake. For some this dream brought fear and terror, for others a hope for change, and two people in the world knew that their friend had simply done something crazy again. 

Some people began to look for this mysterious white dragon that was the cause of the dream when they woke up. When people went to sleep once more on the second day they saw the same dream of the dragon but more of its surroundings were revealed. The dragon sleeping at a lake in the forest. 

The dragon was then named "The White Dream Dragon" and some people believed that seeing the dragon was a sign of good fortune and the others believed it was a bad omen.

These dreams continued for seven nights before "The White Dream Dragon" finally opened its eyes and all those who had looked at its eyes knew the dragon was not a threat however it was also not an ally. 


“Gouuuuu... (that hurt like hell but the visions after were strange)”

After I passed out I had seen visions of countless people. In the beginning everyone was calm, there were people going about their daily life. I saw many races that I have never seen before, each with different jobs, from people fighting monsters to even the rulers of nations. After a while though many people started to panic, however there was a few people who then began to look for something. After quite some more time people began to calm down but they were definitely more tense than they were in the beginning. There was one thing however that was talked about most by the people in my visions, "The White Dream Dragon." I started to wonder if they were seeing me as well as I matched the description of what they were talking about. After what felt like a month of time the visions stopped and I finally woke up.

"Gaaaooouuu...uu...UU?! (I really want to travel the world now as all those things were so interesting... Wait... WHY DOES MY VOICE SOUND STRANGE?!)

I opened my eyes and looked at myself in the water and saw a large white dragon staring back at me. Ah so it was me that they were seeing and that makes sense that my voice sounds weird. I should probably get the telepathy skill so I can talk to people in this form, welp there goes the last 100 of my skill points. I bought the skill without hesitation and the way its used and how it works flowed into my brain. 

"Goouuu (Now, can I turn back into my Dragonkin form?)

I was slightly worried that I was going to go through the same pain that I did before, however my worries were needless because I felt no pain when transforming back into a humanoid form. I looked into the water once more to see if there was any external changes and the first thing I noticed was that my horns had increased. There was now 8 of them however they were lower and behind my old horns and much smaller. After that I noticed that my eyes had changed color from red to gold.

"Hmmmm... It's almost night but I don't feel tired at all. I must have been out for quite a while. You know what, I'm going to fly around in my dragon form and explore for a little while."

I transformed back into a dragon and started flying upwards. After I got high enough I began to hover to determine where I would go. 

Hmmm. I'll stay on this side of the mountain for now but I'll fly parallel to it for a while and when I get tired I'll head home.

After a few hours of flying I noticed something strange so I slowed down to take a look. I saw a small girl running in the forest all alone. I decided to go land and talk to her to see what was going on. When I was getting closer I noticed that she seemed quite pale. Her eyes meet mine and it was almost if she had turned white as a sheet. I finally landed in front of her and began to speak using [Telepathy].

[Young one, what are you doing in this forest? It is dangerous for a child of man to come here.]

"......"

She was frozen looking at me with her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

[Uhh young one are you ok? Can you speak?]

"W-white D-dream dragon...."

[Is that what I'm called now? Again are you ok?]

"Ye-sh ow ow ow, I mean NO. Please help me..."

The girl began to brake into tears.

"M-my... village was...sniff... attacked by... bandits. Please help my village."

She gave the best bow she could as tears trickled from her eyes. 

[Umu. I have nothing better to do so I might a well lend a hand or two.]

"THANK YOU! Please save ...them."

[Well I don't know where your village is so its best you guide me, hop on my back and tell me where to go.]

"OK!"

I leaned my head down so it touched the ground and brought my wing up to my face so she could climb up it. She seemed hesitant at first but she eventually climbed up.

[Be careful now we are going up. Is the village in the same direction you came from or somewhere else?]

"It's the same way I came."

[Hold on tight we will be going pretty fast now to get there on time]

I could feel her small hands grip tighter on my horns as I speed up. After a few minutes of flying the girl pointed towards a pillar of smoke that was rising from the earth and yelled.

"THERE"

[Umu.]

 When we got there it was like a scene out of hell. Houses were burned down, bodies of people were everywhere in terrible states. The girl started to squirm and try and get down so I leaned my head down so she could get off. 

[Stay with me at all times. If you do I will certainly protect you]

“Ok.” 

We began to walk into the village and the girl started calling out to her parents.

"MOM, DAD, ITS ME ELLY I BROUGHT HELP!"

Each time she called out I felt my heart ache and prayed that her parents were still alive. Eventually we stopped at a house that I believed was the girl, Elly's, house. In front of it there were two bodies, a male and a female, the man had multiple small slashes and 2 large wounds on him and the woman had a broken bow and a wound in her chest. Elly then fell to her knees and quietly said something I just barely picked up.

"M...om? Da...d?"

She began to cry louder than before which made my heart hurt. 

"Uuuwwaaaaaaaa"

I turned into my Dragonkin form and walked up to her to give her a hug. I pulled her close and tried to calm her down.

"There, there, Elly. I will protect you will everything I have."

Elly froze for a few seconds when I gave her a hug. She started to cry again and I made a quiet vow to her now passed parents.

"Elly's mom and dad, I swear that I will keep her safe and happy for as long as I can."

Then continued to cry till she fell asleep before the sun came up. I picked her up and walked inside the house that was still standing and laid her on the bed as I began to operate my space magic. I opened a portal back to my house then picked Elly up and used magic to bring the bed through the portal. 

I placed Elly back into bed then I got in as well and hugged her again.

"Good night Elly. I promise, tomorrow we will get back at those bandits."

Announcement
Sorry for being late. I said I was going to try and do 2 chapters today but I honestly procrastinated for too long and only got half way through this chapter before class started then after class I went through and changed a bit of what I wrote to make it better and pushed it off even more to make the discord. Then I came back to finish the chapter up and got absorbed again resulting in 2.1k+ words

Speaking of the discord here's the link again: https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa

Next chapter is Elly's POV

Good night and thanks for reading!

Not a question for the story but how are you doing today?
  • Great Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Good Votes: 45 29.6%
  • Ok Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Not so good Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Pretty bad Votes: 9 5.9%
Total voters: 152
56