Chapter 14: Hatching and Leaving Home.
2.5k 12 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little while after I scared away the adventurer trio I looked at the time left for the eggs to hatch. Alysa had 30 minutes left to hatch and Elly had an hour and a half. While I was waiting I got myself the [Clarivoance] skill to watch the adventurers to kill time. When I finally found them with the skill they were still visibly panicked and they were collecting their stuff from their camp. 

["Like actually what the fuck was that, why was there a dragon in these woods, wouldn't the danger requirement be much higher if that thing lived here"] (Tony)

["Yea that was terrifying. All in favor of never coming back to these woods again say I"] (Aria)

["I"] (Tony)

["I"] (Eve)

They all nodded and continued to pack their things in silence for a little while before they started moving again. I noticed one thing that I found strange though, they were leaving behind a good amount of their stuff.

["Ok, this should be all we need to rush back home. Let's leave the other stuff here so we don't waste time and have an extra burden on ourselves"] (Aria)

["Nn."] (Eve)

["By the way did either of the two of you notice it?"] (Aria)

["Notice what?"] (Tony)

["Nn, I think so. Multiple mana signatures, not just the dragons."] (Eve)

["Wait so you mean the dragon was protecting something? Like it's young or eggs?"] (Tony)

["Exactly that, probably. That's likely why the dragon refused to move."] (Aria)

Color me impressed they got it correct in the first guess. I should use magic to prevent that from ever happening again. The beastkin boy spoke and it made me freeze.

["Man that was like the time me and my father ran into a bear and its cubs back on earth when we were hiking."] (Tony)

Huh? Are those three reincarnators as well? I will have to visit them once the girls hatch.

["How did the mama bear react?"] (Eve)

["Hmmm. If anything it reacted in a very similar way to the dragon. It threatened us but refused to move away from its cubs."] (Tony)

Crack

Huh? I canceled the clairvoyance to see what the noise was and I had realized Alysa was starting to hatch so all of my attention shifted to the cracking egg. After about five minutes of hatching, a small fist pushed through the shell of the egg. Her small hand was covered in small black scales and glistening white claws. Shortly after she pushed her fist through she fell through the eggshell and nearly fell on the ground before I quickly caught her. She had gained jet black scales covering her hands and feet, a tail in a similar color, as well as jet black wings and two sets of white horns that made me think that she would look like the night sky when dragonified. She then wiped her eyes to get some of the egg insides off of her, then opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Nn, good morning mama."

I transformed down into a size similar to her and pulled her into a hug.

"Good morning Alysa. How was your time in the egg?"

"Hmm... It felt like I was half asleep. Not long ago I heard you speaking. Did someone come?"

"Yes. Once both you and Elly get your Dragon form we will go visit them in the closest town."

"Mk."

I wonder, is she as strong as I was when I was reincarnated? I used Appraisal on her to see her status.

STATUS
Name:    Alysa
Race:    Greater Ancient Dragonkin
Level:    1
Karma:   +18
Main Class:   Seer Lv.38
Sub Class:   None
Skills:    10
Titles:    3
Blessings:    Blessing of the Goddess of Souls, Alma
Skill points:    15
EXP to Level Up:    100
HP: 7,000 STR: 700 MP: 70,000
RES: 950 SPD: 800 DEX: 2,000
LUC: 72 SP: 9,000  
Skills
Ability:   [Dragonification Lv.0 (Required Skills, [Partial Dragonification], [Mana Manipulation])] [Dream Join Lv.MAX] [Dream Storage Lv.47]  
Attack:  
Magic:   [Dragon Magic (Element: All) Lv.1] [Dream Magic Lv12]
Active:   [Claw Manipulation (Hands, Feet) Lv.1] [Dream Create Lv.8]
Passive:   [Five-Senses Upgrade Lv.1] [Mana Management Lv.2] 
Resistance:   [Magic Words Resistance Lv.1]
Perception:   [Dream Sight]  [Truth Sight Lv.38]
Production:   [Cooking Lv.4]
Titles
  [Reincarnated Individual]  [Blessed by Alma] [Reborn]

"Huh, it seems like your skills, stats, and titles increased but your level was reset. That's interesting."

"Nn? 'Status'. Ohhhh! How do I get [Partial Dragonification]? I can get [Mana Manipulation] later today at best."

"You get it at level 25 if I remember correctly. I will take you and Elly hunting later today. Would you like to learn how to fly while you wait?"

"NN!"

"Ok, the way I learned how to fly is to glide off a high spot then flap your wings to get up back to the area you jumped from. If you want you can do it from on top of my dragon form."

"Mk, will do that."

I transformed to let Alysa practice while I waited for Elly. She struggled at first but it didn't take long for her to get the hang of it. Although she got the hang of it and learned the skill she kept repeating the process until she was bored then she starting practicing on the trees. After an hour Elly's egg finally began to hatch. I called for Alysa then transformed back into my Dragonkin appearance.

It took a little longer for Elly to hatch but essentially it was the same process. When she fell through her appearance looked almost identical to mine with the only difference being at the end of her tail was jet black as well as her claws. Her scales everywhere else were white as mine. She cleaned herself up like Alysa did then looked at me.

"Morning mom. Morning Alysa."

She slowly got to her feet and gave Alysa a tackle hug which made me smile. I checked her status as I did with Alysa.

STATUS
Name:    Elly
Race:    Greater Ancient Dragonkin
Level:    1
Karma:   +14
Main Class:   None
Skills:    8
Titles:    1
Blessings:   None
Skill points:    20
EXP to Level Up:    100
HP: 7,000 STR: 650 MP: 75,000
RES: 980 SPD: 900 DEX: 2,500
LUC: 62 SP: 9,000  
Skills
Ability:   [Dragonification Lv.0 (Required Skills, [Partial Dragonification], [Mana Manipulation])] 
Attack:  
Magic:   [Dragon Magic (Element: All) Lv.1] 
Active:   [Claw Manipulation (Hands, Feet) Lv.1]
Passive:   [Five-Senses Upgrade Lv.1] 
Resistance:   [Poison Resistance Lv.1] [Iron Stomach Lv.1]
Perception:   [Magic Perception Lv.1]
Production:   [Cooking Lv.3] [Sewing Lv.5]
Titles
  [Reborn]

"Is there anything you two want to do today?" (Luna)

"I want to learn how to turn into a dragon, like mom!" (Elly)

"Nn, want clothes and to get mana manipulation today."

"Ok. We can do that. Let's have you both practice flying over to the lake where I practiced magic."

""OK!""

I slowly flew over to the lake, well at least I thought so. Alysa was helping her sister learn how to fly but it wasn't going that well. After about an hour of her practice, she finally got the hang when we were about halfway to the lake. When we got there there was a black panther-looking animal drinking from the water. I suggested for the girls to attempt to fight it. Alysa rushed forward causing the panther to be caught off guard but not horribly injured due to its backstepping. It roared while avoiding Alysa's relentless attacks. Alysa eventually was caught off guard by a second panther. Elly used a breath attack to cover Alysa and hit the second panther which immediately killed it.

"Thanks." (Alysa)

The first panther was stunned after seeing its partner be vaporized which lead Alysa to use her breath attack. The panther reacted a tiny bit too late causing all but one leg to be missing. It howled in pain and Alysa finished it off with another breath attack. From the fight, Alysa gained 28 levels while Elly gained 26, and they both gained skills [Mana Manipulation] and [Partial Dragonification] which quickly unlocked their [Dragonification]. 

Since they both learned the skill we flew home so they could begin their Dragonifcation in the area I cleared. I suspected they would be out for a few days less than I was due to being a step down from my race. 

"I feel like we just woke up from a long nap but I guess we are going back to sleep pretty quick huh." (Elly)

"Nn, is there anything we need to know?"

"Not much, it just hurts a lot the first time but it is so worth it." (Luna)

"Mk, I'm going to start then." (Alysa)

"M-me too!" 

They both started their dragonifcation at the same time and the result ended up being screams of agony for them as they transformed but they quickly fell asleep in their dragon form. They both kept the same color scheme as they got earlier today and both had now 3 sets horns.

"Huh... So that's what it looks like from an outsiders view."

I then started designing a barrier that would cover everything in a 100 meter radius that would make it seem like nothing was here and it would disorientate people who I did not allow to enter making them turn around and also absorb mana from the atmosphere so it would not ever stop. The process of creating and activating the barrier and scavenging the adventurers left behind stuff took six days and when I finished making it both of the girls had woken up. 

"Good morning, well afternoon."

"Nn...That hurt a lot mama."

"Yea, you said it was going to hurt but I didn't know you meant that much. Oh yea and good afternoon mom. What have you been working on?" (Elly) 

"Just a barrier to keep people away from our home. I'd rather not have another incident with adventurers exploring too deep and reporting our home to the country." 

"Ah ok that makes sense, what are we going to do about the adventurers who did see it?" (Elly)

"Ah we are going to go drop by and give them a visit later today and chat with them, nothing much."

"Huh? What do you mean mom?"

"Yea I thought we should go visit them sooner later to clear some stuff up instead of leaving things the way they are. You girls want to come with?"

"Nn, will come with mama."

"I'll come with you as well mom. By the way what will we do about clothes, as you are the only one with a pair of clothes?"

"Oh yea those adventurers left 3 pairs of clothes so we are going to use those until we get our own then return it to them. You can also use [Partial Dragonifiaction] to cover up and act as clothes."

I passed them a pair of clothes I had taken from the adventurers camp and they promptly changed into them.

"By the way when we change into our dragon form what happens to the clothes mom?"

"Uhhhh... Honestly mommy doesn't know, I have transformed plenty of times and my clothes stay on like it was the most natural thing ever without any damage, so I'm just going to say magical stuff I don't understand." (Luna)

"...Ok..."

"Sorry I don't know. Anyways should we head to town?"

"Sure."

"Mk."

"Oh yea by the way you both should get [Telepathy] with the skill points you have so you can communicate in your dragon form."

"Ok mom."

"Mk, mama is there any other skills we should get?"

"Hmmm, I got [Appraisal], [Mana Perception] and regeneration skills so I gain my mana back faster and recover injuries quickly. I would recommend getting [Telepathy], [Appraisal], [Mana Perception] if you don't have it and [Mana Regeneration]."

"Ok, done." (Elly)

"Done." (Alysa)

"Ok lets go!"

I transformed into my dragon form and started flying in the direction of they city with my new children in tow. When I caught sight of the city I immediately dived down and transformed into my dragonkin form so I wouldn't scare the town too much. Both Elly and Alysa copied me and started walking next to me.

After a while we finally reached the gate where the guards stopped us before we entered.

"Oh a new set of races, what is your business in this town?"

"I'm looking for an Elf, Arachne, and a Wolfkin boy. They happened to enter my home unannounced a few days ago and I did something a bit unnecessary so I am here to speak with them."

"OH! You must be talking about Aria, Eve, and Tony. They became pretty famous around here. The inn that they are staying at is called [The Emerald Inn]. Do any of you have an id?" (Guard)

"Sorry we don't. I was planning on going to the Adventurers guild to get one."

"Ah ok. Let me grab someone to guide you there." He turned and started yelling.

"OI, GERALD! WE GOT ANOTHER GROUP THAT NEEDS TO REGISTER AT THE GUILD!"

"SHUT UP YOU ARE LOUD!" Another man yelled, presumably Gerald

"So is it the horned group here?" (Gerald)

"Yep, once they register they wanted to go speak with the Forgotten Entities party." (Guard)

"Ok, sounds easy enough. Ok you folks lets go to the adventures guild first and get you registered, the party you are looking for should arrive later tonight so I will drop you off at their inn once you register." (Gerald)

"Works for us. Lead the way." (Luna)

Announcement
Got hit with the no motivation to write stick yesterday and did not touch it at all.

https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa  Join here to yell at me when I am not getting shit done. Also we got a cover fuck yea!

Good night and Thanks for reading!

59