Chapter 13: Adventurer’s POV
2k 10 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I drew the face but then realized the size of the drawing wouldn't fit so I'm just going to finish it then use it as the cover probably

My name is Aria, about a month ago my sister, childhood friend, and I all reincarnated in another world. I reincarnated as an elf, my sister Eve reincarnated as an Arachne, and our childhood friend Tony as a wolf beastkin. We believed that if we held on to each other in the goddess's space we would reincarnate in the same place, which surprisingly worked. We woke up in a cave not too far from town. Before we left for town Eve made our clothes using the thread she could make. The guards didn't take it too well to see Eve but when we explained that we had lived with each other all our lives and I considered her my little sister, even though she is now much bigger than me they had a guard stay with us when we entered the town. 

"So how did you three even meet, elves normally live deep in the forest, beastmen are from a different country, and Arachne are disaster class monsters?" (Guard)

"To put it simply each of our families were outcasts and were forced to leave our home. Originally our parents meet with Tony's parents in the forest and realized their situations were very similar and decided to live together. They eventually found Eve's mom when she was injured and helped her. A few years later Tony and I were born, sadly my birth mom died at birth and my father and Eve's mom got together and took care of me as if I was their child. We grew up living normally for a few years then Eve was born. She grew up as my sister and I feel the same way about her. Our parents once we were old enough wanted us to see the world so we went out to become adventurers so we can travel." (Aria)

"Ah sorry for asking. Anyways I will take you three to the adventurers guild so you all can register. Ah by the way my name is Gerald." (Gerald the Guard)

Once we were at the guild he said he would wait outside for us once we finish registering. We got a whole bunch of strange looks from everyone inside but when they got their looks they went back to what they were doing. We registered with nothing too special happening like the template picking on newbies when registering. 

After about a week of coming to the town and registering we were promoted to [Silver Rank] in the guild and people were used to us in the town. 

"Yo! How was the subjugation request today?" (Gerald)

"It was good! No hits!" Eve said as she raised her arms in triumph.

"Congrats! You guys will get gold rank sometime soon and you can explore the Dark Forest where there are things more suited for your skill level."

"Nn!" (Eve)

"Yea we need like 3 more silver requests completed so we can get to [Gold Rank]. (Tony)

"Huh? I thought we needed 5 more?" (Aria)

"No, I completed one quick one each time you two went shopping." (Tony)

Gerald started to laugh and hit Tony's back.

"It seems the love for shopping exists regardless of what race you are!" (Gerald)

"Tell me about it." (Tony)

"Oh shut up you two, let's go turn in the request. Cya later Gerald." (Aria)

"Bye Uncle Gerald!" (Eve)

"BUFf Cough cough ... I was not expecting that... Anyways, see you lot around!" (Gerald)

We left Gerald and walked to the adventures guild to submit our subjugation request.

"Hey, Lina! We are back!" (Eve)

The gazes of suspicion and worry we had when we first entered the guild had changed over the past week to gazes of warmth whenever Eve was acting like herself. 

"Welcome back Eve, Aria, and Tony. How did the request go, any challenges?" (Lina)

"Nope! It was good! No hits!" (Eve)

"Good job. Ah! You guys are being promoted to [Gold Rank] today, hand over your guild cards." (Lina)

""Huh?"" (Aria and Tony)

"I thought we had 3 or 4 requests left to finish till we got [Gold Rank]?" (Aria)

"You guys were going to reach it in the next few days anyway, plus you all have gained the guild's trust. If anything the number of requests to rank up is just to distract people away from the real goal, to see if the adventurer is trustworthy." (Lina)

Meanwhile, while me and Tony were confused and discussing with Lina Eve was munching on sweets that one of the female adventures had given her. The looks on their faces looked like they were being healed.

"Thamnk yum!" (Eve)

"Eve be sure to finish chewing before you talk!" (Female Adventurer)

After we finished our conversation with Lina we decided to head to the Dark Forest tomorrow morning.

"Come on Eve, we are going back to our room." (Aria)

"Awww.. Cya later Eve!" (Female Adventurer)

"Bye Miss!"

We went to our inn and decided to talk about or plan for the Dark Forest. The plan was we would go out three days then hunt around there for a day or two then return home. The total trip would be eight days at most so we had to get things to cook in the forest. 

In the morning we told the guild we would be gone for a little while because we were going to explore the Dark Forest. The adventurers inside had looks like they were just told the world was going to end. We went and got our weapons a quick checkup and while we waited Tony went to get the tools we needed. 

Gerald was not at the gate today so we told the guard on duty to say that we will be back in about 8 days. When we entered the forest on the first day we were going at a relatively fast pace and nothing too big had attacked us. On the second day, we were walking at a normal pace, the monsters had gotten stronger and bigger but they still were not difficult. On the third day, our pace was much much slower due to the high amounts of shrubbery and strong monsters. We cleared an area and set up a camp with traps around it using Eve's Thread.  We decided that in the morning we would explore our surroundings.

“So what do you two miss most from home?” (Tony)

“If anything I miss our parents and the convince of life. What about you?” (Aria)

“Yeah, same.” (Eve)

“I miss not having to fight every day to be able to make a living.” (Tony)

“What brought this on anyways?” (Aria)

“Looking up at the stars reminds me of a camping trip I took with my dad a long time ago. Anyways we should probably go to sleep soon.”

“Yea, Eve looks like she is about to fall asleep any second now. Good night Tony, Eve.”

“Nn.”

“Night.”

I went to sleep at the sight of the stars and next to the people I consider family. Dreaming of the past and the future I had once wished for. 

In the morning when I woke up, Tony was cooking breakfast and Eve was still sound asleep. 

"Morning." (Tony)

"Mm." (Aria)

I went to wake Eve for breakfast before we started exploring for the day. Breakfast was scrambled eggs made of a strange bird's eggs we had for dinner the night before. Once we finished we continued deeper into the woods when I finally noticed something strange.

"Hey is it just me or are there much fewer monsters than we have encountered so far?" (Aria)

Tony stopped and sniffed the air to see if he could find any monsters nearby.

"You are right, I don't smell any monsters but I do smell a strange thing mixed with the smell of freshly processed wood in that direction." 

"Should we go check it out?" (Aria)

"I'm down if you are." (Eve)

"Then let's go." (Tony)

We proceeded through the forest slower than ever to be as cautious as we could. Through the brush, I could see a large white thing in a clearing. Tony started to push through the brush and went into the clearing and Eve and I followed, only to see and hear something that spread fear through us like it was nothing.

[You should not be here.]

It was a massive white dragon looking right at us who spoke words into our minds. 

[I give you all a choice. Leave and tell no one of this place or I will kill you where you stand.]

I felt an uncomfortable feeling resonate through my body when we turned to run away. 

"W-what did ...you do?" (Eve)

[I simply put a tracker on you three. I will eventually go to the places you stayed at and if I find that you have spoken about this place I will destroy it completely.]

We then ran back to our camp grabbed only the things we absolutely needed and ran back to the town as fast as we could. It took us only a day and a half to get back. 

"Eve, Aria, and Tony? What's wrong? I thought you were going to be gone for a few more days?" (Lina)

"Don't worry about it!" (Aria)

"Can you tell us privately?" (Lina)

We all shook our heads no as fast as we could. For the next day, people were confused but eventually, it settled down. We refused to enter the Dark Forest again after that and things were calm for us until a peculiar trio came to town.

Announcement
https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa Nice and quick chapter today. Once I finish class in like 3 hours I'm going to write again.

Thanks for reading!

How are you today?
  • Amazing Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Pretty good Votes: 30 24.4%
  • Decent Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Meh Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Not great Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Bad Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Worst day ever Votes: 4 3.3%
Total voters: 123
51