chapter 1: Pepper juices are evil
1.4k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
welcome to the prologue (Again), where I'll restart the story in a much simpler form. I am also trying a different writing style that I have never written in before, which has advantages and disadvantages. It's going to be written like a diary, which is not because I read a book and checked off the advantages of the writing style, as I noticed it allowed much simpler stories explained in a day style, at least for kora, this is before they get transformed, but there is some editing from characters after every paragraph, the footnotes are also the characters editing.

Tue's day the 1st of March, Morning

Hello, I'm The hero Nick an Imp named Kora! that was supposed to kill the demon lord She's now my mom, so I don't think it would be appropriate to do this, in any society. I'll have to agree with you here.

 I've been preparing with my companion's Friends, well actually siblings, kinda weird calling em that but eh. Don't just forgo letters in your words, or it'll be hard to read.

And We're preparing for the battle today, and Me the Arcane trickster Magic thief, Lilitya the swordmaster and priest, and Hoff (Sorry, I can't explain him any better, he's just so savage that words defy explaining him) were mostly ready, they were casting their buff skills in preparation, I'm not one of the people that have that type of skill, so I'm been forced in the role of the cataloger. Boring as you can imagine it, thankfully now I'll never have to share it now, it's like getting the opportunity to skip homework!

We're getting ready to head out to the demon queen's castle, I hope that this is as uneventful as it can be. I also hope that if I die, I die in the most dramatic fashion I can so that it'll sound awesome when they write stories about my heroics, but I can only hope.  Blegh, I wrote this? I'm gonna scratch it out as best I can, truly disappointed in you, old me!

 


Tue's day the 1st of March, noon

Lilitya sprayed pepper juice in my eyes from her snack, I spent a few minutes calling her a bitch and other rude words that I dare not say here  We're fine now, we kinda cooled down and are talking to each other again, don't throw away your friends and apologize profusely even if you are not in the wrong, the Demon queen is forcing me to lose my curse words, or she'll curse me with punishment. She sounds like a mom, which is funny because she cried a bunch of very rude words she told me that I'm not supposed to use up in that air like that would change anything about her being our new mom to the god that changed us.

I strayed away from her after that, she is the kind of person that would fumble the pin on a firebomb and blow us up, so I try to not give her anything that has juices with acidic qualities, but Hoff got sprayed straight in the eyes with pepper juice, and just sneezed without a tear in his eye, I sometimes wonder if he's even human. He's technically not now, which is funny, but I really like that he's more talkative.

This is the part where I should say that we found a trail to follow down to the valley that the demon queen's castle presided in, but Hoff had other plans, and just grabbed the 2 of us under his arm and jumped down to the valley. Lilitya and I screamed on the way down, which means that we were plenty hoarse when we landed, it would have been fine if Hoff said anything, but he's as quiet as a ghost when he takes action.

The longest sentence I've heard from him is "Go!" but Lilitya says he has said more than that in a sentence before, she said it was because Hoff didn't like me, mostly because I was a thief. He and I are good friends now, well, not truly, he's kinda wary of me, but I like the wary version better, at least he's talking to me! 

I also hid Lilitya's pepper stuff when she wasn't looking, she thinks she misplaced it, but thankfully didn't dedicate much time to the search, that snack could turn armies away in my own opinion.

Well, we still have to walk to the town that surrounds the demon queen's castle, and we're walking there now, guess I'll leave my notes off here until something interesting happens. You idiot, you jinxed us! Now I know who to blame, I'll give her breakfast covered in pepper sauce as a little surprise for her.

 


 

Lilitya and a maid are conversating as we're led into the city, oh yeah, we met a maid, she's wearing a lolita maid outfit. and she has a feathery tail that reminds me of a feather duster. She didn't let Lilitya in until she had changed into something that didn't smell of pepper. If only that maid had the authority now to take away her peppers... I'm allowing you to insult me here, but you shall never take away my peppers, or I'll staple your shoes to the floor as you go to sleep at night, and you'll trip as you try to stand up in the night and hurt your little knees.1There is a barely visible scribble that leads off of this diary paragraph, that simply reads "So vivid,"

I am thankful that she took the wear without complaint, she was told to guide the three of us to her castle, and she was also told to clean lilitya of her peppers, saying something about them being an inexcusable distraction. something that I and the demon queen agree on is few and far between, and Hoff and I laughed together for the first time as we watched the thoroughly embarrassed Lilitya puff out the frills of her clothes as if trying to air out her dress of all of it's contained pepper juices. Mom made all of her dresses with a self-cleaning feature, so she wouldn't have to deal with it, she also is into salt and vinegar chips. Is there something wrong with salt and vinegar chips, if they're bad to eat then why do they taste so good?

She was still stripped of her pepper smelling dress, and given a replica that I found was tagged with a "Lilitya villain costume," I guess we're all the heroes of our own story. I tore it off before Lilitya could see it, she assumed I pinched her, and I just told her that was so. She looked like a plucked chicken when I did it, I giggled later on So that's what happened, explains a bit.

After she was cleaned, they allowed her into the city, and the maid, which I was told is named Finny, and from what I have overheard, she supposedly has blackmailed every single important person in the city at least once. The guard in question was almost servile to her. He almost turned around to give her a back rub, I would hate to have her as an enemy, but she seemed bored of our arrival. She's actually quite fun, she lets me pet her tail. Isn't that because the Demon queen gives her a death stare every single time you try until she lets you?

She led us towards the town center to prepare for the battle with the demon queen, but I wouldn't be a good cataloger if I wasn't recording anything I saw. Oh no, we can ignore this...

I assume there is a larger amount of magic shops than blacksmiths and weaponsmiths in this town because demons are more proficient in magic, which explains why the guards almost always have some top-tier equipment that is almost always unique, as they wear custom order armor. There is a dominant religion, but it doesn't seem to have many reverent followers, and it isn't what I expected. There is one large mirror at the top of the tower that reflects into a pool. It almost seems like a religion that respects the sun, but I highly doubt that, as I have an urge to believe the demons are more reverent believers in the moon goddess, Luna. There doesn't seem to be much more that you wouldn't find in a basic boring town that you might find in the middle of nowhere, are they a threat? Boring boring boring, I might have erased this if I had an eraser, but the demon queen has never been one for writing, so she has no way to erase, so this is good enough, I don't see why the transformation destroyed my pencil, that just kinda feels like a Dick jerk move by the goddess to make my writing hard for me? I highly doubt she has any reason to make it hard for you to write, stop being such a baby.

 


Tue's day the 1st of march, afternoon

We're about to walk into the demon Queen's castle, guess I'll update this with an emotional update, I'm nervous, Lilitya is just as so, Hoff is kinda confusing, it sometimes seems like nothing gets through to him, but I know that is not so, he probably is calm though. I guess you'll know what happens depending on this diary, but I'll write this as we're entering, to help any further heroes. not really gonna

So anyway, we're just going into the demon queen's front door, because I'm the only one that is a stealth build, and nobody likes leaving me unattended for some reason. You ate random items in the woods that you misidentify as medical, we found you foaming at the mouth leaning against a tree once, the only reason you're still alive is that I have the cure spell!

We, because we're heroes, walked into the place weapon's drawn, Lilitya was put in the middle, and Hoff in the front, I was most definitely put in the back, because the other 2 don't "Trust me." I think you're a little grumpy here

our view fell first on the woman that sat on the throne, our group prepared our weapons in our hands. Lilitya had her weapon in his hand prepared for her first move, I'm gonna be honest because she probably isn't going to read this, it was kinda awesome. I probably wasn't going to before, but I guess you're not that lucky, thanks for the compliment.

Hoff was just as quickly able to prepare his shield, the guard stance open to cover our backs if it got too hot, and held his axe behind the shield, like he always did, to hide it. I have to say that this strategy is the most advantageous that I have ever seen, as it allows him to double up grip on the shield, and to retaliate against those that attack him, a genius strategy from someone that thinks everything through. I have to say, I would never like to see Hoff on the other side of a battle. 2a small little artwork was colored in, showing a strong arm holding 2 characters that resemble Lilitya and Nick up as they fall, and there is another replica on the other side that seems unfinished, with seemingly different characters, and a smaller arm, you can assume they're for the younger version of the group.

Something that I never expected from that strong man was a great affection for art, He's stolen this journal from me with the help of Lilitya and added artworks to the pages that I have spent my most hours poring over. The first page is barely even a diary anymore, it's more of a masterpiece any artist would put in a museum. still is! I expect him, if we survive, to be the next big artist of this world, becoming a mark in history that all would be remembered and be taught about.3there is a goofy picture of a large hulking man showing off artwork with a very noticeably small apron on that covers him from the artwork's paint splatter. There stands a man with a monocle to the right that looks like a mix between a wizard and a rogue, you assume they're Nick in his battle wear, who is examining the artwork with a professional gaze. the artwork that is being shown off is a hand that is covered in blisters, and a text under saying the working man's hand.

The demon queen, who I might as well mention here, was seemingly bored of the approach of us. although she chuckled a bit when I came in with diary in hand, is there something wrong with archiving everything? 4There's an artwork of Nick and Hoff standing away from a woman with a sandwich that seems suspiciously full of peppers, completely unrelated to the subject.

Well, I guess I'll update this after our fight, well, at least I hope so. Maybe I'll never update this diary ever again.

Actually, let's be honest, this thing is probably never gonna be updated again.

nope still gonna be updated, sadly not5there is an artwork showing a person shaking their head thoroughly, and holding a book in hand like a bible.

this bottom note is a little hard to understand, I'm trying to fix it.

The actual story from the point of view of kora will start in chapter 2

25