A Very Gay Epilogue.
1.6k 10 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selena’s POV

When I look back on what life was like back then, I remember very little before and a lot after what happened that fateful afternoon in September that my cabinet broke. Some part of me wants to say my life only really started after I let my inner wolf out, but I know that isn’t true, it’s just that that’s when I started to enjoy living.

After I got back from Thanksgiving, we all had lovely stories to share. It turns out that all four of Charlie’s little sisters were incredibly accepting of her, and even asked to help her put makeup on for the first time. Her dad was a little disappointed that his sports star of a son had turned out to be another girl, but her feistiness and her snarkiness put any worries that she had actually become a different person to rest.

Nora’s family was excited to meet me after she showed them all pictures of me. When I visited that Christmas, they all fawned over me in a way that made me feel very, very welcome, and my parents reacted similarly to Nora, when she came to visit.

That’s not to say our families were entirely accepting, all three of us had to cut people out or discovered that they had cut themselves out. We figured it was their loss, even if it ultimately did still hurt. I lost the few friends I still had from high school, and my grandparents still won’t refer to me by my name or correct pronouns, no matter how long it’s been.

I did end up changing majors, it turned out that I wasn’t cut out for business, or the people involved in it. However, I never stopped loving the outdoors once I finally felt comfortable going outside, so I decided on environmental science for a change. There are a lot of benefits to going into that field, but the biggest one is that I got a job right out of university being able to hike and run and drive through gorgeous landscapes as much as I want: park ranger.

Nora got work with the government’s geographic survey shortly after. She traveled a lot, but we always made it work. We, after all, had a lifetime to spend together, there was no rush to spend every hour of every day together. That being said, we always made time to reconnect with each other, and with old friends.

It was a cold, wintry day, and I had just gotten home, expecting Nora to be gone for business, when I saw her in our kitchen, having just made a candlelit meal for us. As she got down on one knee, I nearly fainted when I saw the lovely diamond ring in the box in her hand. I hardly was even listening when she asked the question, but there was only one answer I could give, and I gave it enthusiastically, with lots of kisses and crying and hugs.

Which leads us to today, I suppose. We had never been much the type for a big event, but we still wanted to celebrate, so we reserved a spot in a beautiful meadow for the wedding, at the perfect time for all of the flowers to be in full bloom. All our friends and most of our family were there (barring the nasty ones).

We, of course, made Charlie the maid of honor. When she arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to see she’d found someone herself, a strong, tall man with kind eyes and a soft heart. I could tell we’d probably be getting an invite in return sometime soon.

And that leads us to the present, I suppose. Here I stand, on the small podium set up, smiling as my Nora is walked down the aisle by her mother. I must be the luckiest wolf in the whole world, to see such a beautiful woman in her white wedding dress, to share a kiss with her, and for us to have the rest of our lives dedicated to each other, and to being our truest selves.

And they lived happily ever after.

Hi, if you enjoyed this story, please consider reading my new series, Tempting Fate. The introduction is out already here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/429017/tempting-fate/

Please also consider leaving a review (especially if you have any advice/you really enjoyed it) and/or donating on my Patreon, where you can get early access to my future work before I post it on ScribbleHub. Here's the link: https://www.patreon.com/Leviathan86

107