Side Chapter 9: Data Get
327 15 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
There was two chapters updated today, so be sure to check out the previous one as well.

                

              

           

There she was, sitting in front of her screen. Waiting for anything or anyone to send her a report of what was happening with their operatives.

*SIGH*

       

Zeta let out a sigh as she sat there bored with her duties.

This isn’t why I joined Team Dunes… She complained …If I wanted to unpaid intern work, I would have gone to university—

      

*BEEP*

            

“Oh!” She thought excited as she heard the beep of someone sending a message. “What’s this?” She wondered excitedly.

              

“Oh…” She sighed in disappointment. “…May as well be spam mail…” She murmured grumpily. “Seriously! We don’t even have plans for Unova. Why do we even have operatives there?” Zeta questioned.

           

“Slow day?” A voice asked from behind.

Zeta turned to look at her superior.

“Yeah,” She informed him. “No one has reported in yet.      ……well, except this request from Unova…”

The man held up his hand.

“Don’t tell me… let me guess…” He raised en eyebrow at her. “More money, more men, more ranks… am I right?”

She smiled at him before shrugging.

“Wouldn’t know,” She told him. “I don’t read spam e-mail; it’s against Team Dunes policy.”

“HA!~” The man let out a barking laugh. “That’s hilarious!” He then waved a dismissive hand in her direction. “Tell them that they’ll receive no money, That there are no men to spare, and that if they want Ranks, they’ll have to earn them.” Her superior ran a hand through his long hair in frustration. “I mean! For all that is righteous! They are in Unova for goodness sakes; if they can’t earn money there somehow, or find way to recruit more locals. Then they don’t deserve any ranks!” He groused at the end, before turning away. “Now my mood has soured, because of them. Zeta, call for my masseuse. Have him up here to help me relax.” He told her as he returned back to his office.”

Zeta saluted before giving a bow.

“Of course my Sigma.” She acknowledged.

        

After her superior left and returned to his officer. Zeta got to work on what he requested.

So after contacting Sigma’s personal masseuse, she returned to the e-mail in front of her. Which she was disappointed to find, that is was exactly as her Sigma had predicted.

“For fuck’s sake… They’re useless…” She honestly thought they should just cut all ties with Unova altogether.

But apparently that was something the higher ups weren’t willing to part with for some reason. Though I feel it’s just a waste of resources. Zeta thought to herself.

She then began typing a response back to them.

           

*BEEP*

                 

“Hmm?” Zeta hummed in confusion. “What’s that? Another message from them? I swear! I haven’t finished my first rejection letter, and these guys—“

But as she read the recipient. She smiled widely.

“Oh good!” She said happily. “A status report and data. Finally! Something new and exciting. I bet this is the highlight of the day.” She said to herself.

She looked at the packet they sent attached to an e-mail.

“This is!—“

She scoured the contents; absorbing everything she could see and understand about the blue prints.

This is exactly what we’ve been hoping for! She thought excitedly.

She downloaded the files to a USB drive, then got up from her chair to go to Sigma.

I know what he’ll say! But this is too important not to share!

*BEEP*

Before she left though, she heard another message come in.

She looked, and saw this was from the same recipient

“Ah~ more data get!” She sat back down and pulled up the relevant E-mail. “What do you have for me~ Little Combee?~” She quoted a nursery rhyme.

         

“…………………………………….”

           

As she skimmed and skimmed through the E-mail, the more and more apparent it was that this was the information and data of a recent experiment that they had conducted.

“Oh wow! So they were successful… that is…..” Zeta trailed off as she got to the next page.

“What the?!—“

The next page was corrupted.

“Well fuck!…” She thought aloud in disappointment. Is there anything here worth going over?”

                           

Scanning the corrupted E-mail revealed that it was indeed more data on how the experiment had succeeded. But the farther and farther into the E-mails she read, the more fragmented the E-mail became.

“Damn?! What happened to this?! Did they fuck it up?” She pushed the E-mail off to her alternate screen for a moment, to pull up a new tab to start writing a reply E-mail back to the Hoenn operatives.

“Dear Hoenn operatives:

What the fuck is the big idea, sending me this piece of shit! You better pull your head out of your ass! Before Sigma send me down there and does it for you!

Do not send us a corrupted file like this again and waste our time. Resend the data of your research at once.”

               

With a satisfied nod, she sent the E-mail off, and began skimming through the corrupted part of the E-mail again.

              

                 

*GASP*

                        

                       

But as she was skimming the E-mail.

A few lines popped up at her, like a beacon in the foggy night.

                           

Jennifer Barakat: Codename Patient Zero.

                   

                   

“………………...Jennifer………………….”

                     

                

Zeta was stunned to see the name of her best friend on the E-mail.

I……. I can’t believe it!

She knew she had gone to Hoenn, she had sent her a goodbye message along with the rest of their friends.

Oh Jennifer………

        

She reached out and touched the screen where her name was.

        

So? You were psychic this whole time?! Wow! Who knew! I can’t believe it! She thought excited. This is amazing! She is exactly what we need here at Team Dunes! She was literally born to be a leader here!

Her smile, which had disappeared at the unexpected sight of her friend’s name, returned in a big way.

         

*BEEP*

         

She looked over and saw a reply to her message.

“Huh?”

She read the header of the E-mail.

“It was returned?”

So, she looked into the error of the E-mail.

“What the fuck does that mean?!” She whispered out loud. “No recipient on the network could be found?! What?!” She didn’t like this.

She tried doing a few other things. Including sending out personal E-mails to Lambda’s alias. She wrote it in short concise message. Just asking if everything was alright.

But she didn’t receive an answer.

So she called instead.

          

*BOOP*       *BOOP*      *BOOP*

          

Uh oh…… Not good!

           

Zeta was already suspecting a few things on what had happened.

None of which was good…

So, rather than spend time on a wild Farfetch’d chase, she decided on a plan of action.

                 

If I tell the boss or anyone about this e-mail… Jennifer is going to be hunted down by the organization and brought in…… but! However!

Zeta smiled to herself as she thought of a plan.

              

She pulled up the E-mail, in to a document file, then began editing it.

She used the search function to find everywhere Jennifer’s name was mentioned. She then began changing all of them to either just be known as Patient Zero. Or deleted her name altogether.

She then further corrupted the message, before adding a new message about how Patient Zero had escaped.

      

There! That should do it!

      

And just for safety. She copied the message and sent it off in an E-mail, back to Lambda’s operation. Zeta then waited patiently, as she hope a certain thing would happen.

        

*BEEP*

         

YES!

          

Her E-mail she sent off, was returned via the network system. But sense she marked which address she needed to send it to; it then sent it back to her, as a the recipient.

        

Perfect!

She then went through, and deleted all the documents she had just created, a long with the original one.

       

Perfect perfect, perfect! She thought euphorically. Now no one will no who you are Jennifer; only I will!~

She wanted to giggle and dance in her chair with excitement.

But she knew she couldn’t waste time.

She downloaded the “E-mail”!Lambda’s team had “sent”, to her USB drive. She the hurriedly got up, to go to Sigma’s officer.

              

“Lord Sigma! You’l never believe this!” She said excitedly.

          

“Hmm? What’s all the excitement?” He asked from his massage table, as a large rotund man stood next to him, rubbing down his bare back.

         

Zeta held up the flash drive in her hand.

“This is the data of a device sent to us by Lambda in the Hoenn region!” She told him.

“Is that so?…” Sigma said in an indifferent tone. “…What device is it that he sent this time? Another newfangled piece of tech trash he’s “invented?” He questioned.

“Better! He has sent us a working prototype, of a device capable of siphoning powers from people and Pokémon!” 

Sigma’s eyes fly open upon hearing his secretary’s words.

“Shut up?!~” He said in a surprised disbelieving fashion. “For real?!” He asked her excitedly while sitting up and pulling his rob closed, covering his large muscles.

Zeta nodded her head emphatically.

“Yes, My Sigma, this is it! This is the invention we’ve been hoping for!” She assured him.

        

“Y-YES! URG!”

        

He Sigma turned and lifted the large rotund masseuse off of his feet and swung him around the room.

“WE’VE DONE IT!~ HAHAHAHAHA!~”

Zeta was smiling at the seen. A large muscular man in his fifties, swinging around a man, that looked like he might put a Snorlax to shame.

               

Sigma put down his masseuse and turned back to Zeta with a beaming smile.

“So that is the data, right?! Let me see it! Put it on the screen.” He ordered.

Zeta saluted him.

“Of course my Sigma.”

          

She then plugged the USB, into a port on the side of the large screen in the room.

          

Sigma then picked up a remote and turned the T.V. on and then searched the USB, pulling up its data.

          

“…Wow… would you look at that… that crazy bastard has actually done it…” Sigma thought impressed with what he was seeing. “…This will surely elevate him, to even a high rank than I am… way to go Lambda.” He praised his college.

“Umm… sir…” Zeta called out to him.

      

“Hmm? Yes?” He replied because of her tone of voice.

“There is a problem however: skip ahead to page eighteen if you would please.” Zeta suggested.

“Hmm?…” Sigma wandered what could possibly upset his Zeta.

              

 But as he saw the contents of this document. He quickly began to understand what it was that Zeta was concerned with.

“What is all this?” He asked her. “Is it encrypted.”

“I believe the E-Mail had been corrupted, my Sigma.”

“Corrupted? How?” He asked her. “Was it on our end?”

She shook her head.

“I don’t believe so sir: I sent out an E-mail after finding the corrupted files of their research. Then immediately sent a reply; telling them to resend it.” She elaborated. “But after less than a minute, I received a confirmation E-mail, that the network address I had sent my reply, no longer exists.”

“W-What?!”

        

Zeta nodded her head.

“I tried E-mailing them, calling them; I even went as far as calling the university and sending a direct E-mail to Lambda’s alias’s email address, trying to get a hold of them.” Zeta informed her superior. “But no matter what I tried. They would not answer.”

“So, what could that mean?!… are their servers down? Is Hoenn in some sort of catastrophe again?” He questioned.

But Zeta was already shaking her head.

“Unfortunately, nothing that simple my Lord.” She told him. “It is either that their serves are down or they were destroyed.” She told him.

“Damn!…” Sigma cursed as he paced the room. “Damn damn…”

        

“…………………………”

       

He looked at Seta, who had a look like she was restraining herself.

“Do you have more to say Zeta?” He asked her.

“Well… sir… if I may offer another possibility… but… I can’t prove this one.”

He raised an eyebrow at her cryptic behavior. As she was never one to beat around the bush with him.

              

“There is also the possibility, that they have shut down and abandoned their site, sir.”

“And why would they do that?!” He questioned her with a growl. “You don’t think Lambda has betrayed us, do you?” He asked her.

“I’m not sure, sir.” She stated. “I just feel that, out of the realms of possibilities. We shouldn’t rule it out.” She suggested.

      

“Damn!…” Sigma cursed under his breath. “He wouldn’t would he?!…” He questioned his inferior’s motives.

       

Zeta shook her head in dismissal.

“The way I see it sir, is that there are two distinct possibilities.” She informed him.

“And what are those?”

“It’s either that Lambda’s site operatives have run into some sort of trouble and they’ve lost their serves or have been discovered…”

“Or?” Sigma encouraged her to continue, all while clenching onto the arms of his chair.

“…Or that he has betrayed us and had a change of heart, and sent it off to another division, or has decided to go rouge, sir.”

     

Sigma stood up from his desk. He walked around slowly and made his way towards his masseuse.

He stood in front of him, as they stood next to his table.

Sigma scowled down at the man. The masseuse stared up at the large muscular man in fear.

      

     

“RRGGGAAAAHHHH!”

        

*CRASH* *SHATTER*

            

Sigma had reached down and picked up the masseuse’s table, throwing it towards his window in rage.

          

The masseuse had stared in shock and fear, as he realized how close to dying he had surely been. His eyes then rolled into the back of his head, as he fainted and fell to the floor with a crashing thud.

             

                

Sigma was breathing heavily with anger.

       

Without turning around he pointed towards the door.

“Go and get Nu, right away! Tell her to come see me!”

      

Now’s my chance! Zeta thought happily.

“My Lord,” Zeta bowed down and dropped to one knee. “Are you planning to send Nu to investigate?” She asked him.

“And what if I am?!” He shouted at Zeta. “Who are you to ask me what it is that I choose to do, or who to send?!”

“I was not questioning your decision my Lord,” She explained to him. “I merely wish to state a request my Sigma.” She looked up at him with hopeful eyes. “Send me, my Lord.” She offered. “I wish more than anything, to go and prove myself to you.”

“Request. Denied.” He told her firmly.

She looked at her superior distraught.

“But sir?!”

“Do not question me again!” He shouted go and retrieve Nu! Bring her here immediately!”

Zeta bowed her head once again.

“As you wish, my Lord.” She answered. “I am sorry for being selfish.”

        

After leaving his office, Zeta was distraught that she was denied her opportunity to go to Hoenn.

        

She thought quickly. Trying to find someway, so that she could still go.

“What do I do?…” She murmured as she headed down to Nu’s office.

        

When she arrived, she knocked on Nu’s office door.

“Come in plebeian.” Theta called out to her.

Zeta gritted her teeth in frustration. Nu’s arrogance was legendary.

She only thinks she’s hot shit, because she’s recently broke through the middle ranks.

        

As she entered into the room, Zeta saw Nu sitting there, filing away not papers, but her nails.

        

“And what is it that the common folk wish of me?”

Zeta narrowed her eyes.

“You know?! You should be more careful when answering the door. What if it was a superior at the door?” Zeta berated.

But all this did was cause Nu to laugh out loud.

         

“Hahahaha!~ That is too funny!~ hahahaha! You seem to misunderstand something “Zeta.” Nu told her as, she put down her nail-file on the desk. “That once you become part of the upper ranks,” She boasted. “You realize your true place in the world.”

Zeta narrowed her eyes.

“And what is that?” Zeta asked through gritted teeth.

      

“That high ranks and the high born, don’t go to the low borns and low rank: they come to us.” Nu stated matter of factly, before pointing a lazy finger at Zeta, with an even lazier smile. “So. Know. You. Place~“ She Told Zeta with a cheeky grin.

She then sighed and leaned back into her chair.

“I assume Sigma wants something of me, does he?” She asked arrogantly.

Zeta had to grit her teeth yet again.

      

“Yes!…” She informed Nu. “Lord Sigma, wishes to speak with…….. Nu……” Zeta had a thought as she said this.

          

Nu laughed.

“Of course he wishes to speak with me,” She said as she flipped her hair in a manner like it was a matter of course. “Why else would he send a plebeian, such as yourself to find me.” Nu said as she stood up from her chair.

      

“………No………” Zeta murmured.

 “Hmm? What was that?” Nu questioned.

       

Zeta smiled up at the deep caramel colored skin of the woman in front of herself. He golden-brown eyes and satin brown hair, was as immaculate as ever.

Not as good as Jennifer’s short hair and sky-blue eyes. Zeta determined. She then smiled at Nu as she approached the door and herself.

      

Zeta reached up and grabbed Nu’s arm.

       

Nu looked down at Zeta in shock.

     

“H-Have you absolutely lost your MIND?!” Nu wrenched her arm away from Zeta. “How DARE YOU, Put your hands on me wench!” Nu scolded.

“I just realized…” 

“Realized what?! That you’re insane?!” Nu commented.

“No… That Sigma only told me to go retrieve Nu…”

“And you have!” Nu pointed out. “But don’t think for a moment, that I’m not going to report this inappropriate behavior to Sigma himself—“

       

*BANG*

          

Nu took a step back, as Zeta punched the door frame, blocking Nu’s exit. Her hand bleeding from where she had punched the doorframe.

Nu stared at the Zeta in shock, at her blatant disrespect towards herself.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“He only told me to bring back a Nu…” Zeta smiled. “Not~ You~” she pointed out.

             

Nu’s eyes went wide hearing this.

        

“Nu,” Zeta said as she reached behind and pulled out a PokéBall. “I challenge you.”

        

Nu scoffed at the audacity of the Zeta before her.

“I don’t believe this! I thought Sigma pulled your rank hunting teeth long ago!” She shouted at her inferior. “How dare you challenge your betters! Know your place, scum!” Nu reprimanded. “You know I don’t have to accept your issue of challenge!” Nu said as she tried walking through Zeta’s arm.

“Why’s that?~” Zeta challenged. “Too scared to accept? Afraid you’ll lose and be humiliated? Too scared to lose that precious rank, that you had to get, by sucking your way up to the top?” Zeta said suggestively.

Nu whirled around and stared daggers at her Zeta.

“How. DARE YOU!!!” She screamed in anger. “I am your better! You should bow before me!” She told Zeta.

Zeta only smiled the pathetic tramp.

“Prove it.”

           

Nu smiled at the up start and her arrogant attitude.

“Fine then!” Nu told her. “But if I win! You go back down to being an Alpha! Not just losing one or two ranks! This is the risk you take when you challenge the upper echelon!” She yelled.

        

Zeta smiled at her.

“Fine then,” Zeta told her. “But if I win.” She walked up and got right into Nu’s face. Which caused Nu to flinch and take a step back.

“But if I win, I not only take your rank, but I make you my personal bitch, on top of being Lord Sigma’s new secretary.”

        

Nu scoffed at the young defiant woman standing before her.

“I looked forward to crushing you beneath my heel bitch!” Nu told Zeta with a sadistic grin. “But I suppose this is also the duties of the upper echelon. To grind out and push down, noisy little upstarts like YOU!” Nu pulled out a PokéBall of her own. “I’ll teach you to disrespect your betters!”

             

Zeta was laughing inside at the moment, as she was besides herself with joy.

                

                        

————————————————-

                                

                             

*KNOCK*            *KNOCK*

               *KNOCK*

          

“Enter my inferior.” Sigma ordered on the other side of the door, while sitting at his desk writing some reports and letters to his own superiors. “You have better had a reason for keeping me waiting, Nu.” Sigma pointed out. “Just because you’re part of the upper echelon now, doesn’t mean you’re not below others: always be aware of your position.” He lectured her without looking up from his paperwork.

             

“I apologize, Lord Sigma.” Called the voice of his secretary.

Sigma looked up from his desk at the sound of her voice. His eyes went wide at what he was seeing.

He stood up quickly and slammed his palms into the desk with rage.

“WHAT IS THIS?!” Sigma demanded.

           

There in front of him, in the doorway to his office. Was his secretary Zeta, riding on the back of a bikini clad Nu, who was crawling on all fours. Nu also was wearing a spiked collar with a metal chain leash attached to it, which Zeta was currently holding.

“As you can see, Sigma.” His secretary said without honorifics. “Nu has arrived.”

“I CAN SEE THAT MUCH ZETA!” He yelled at her. “What I want to know is! Why is she in such a state?!”

His secretary just smiled at him, before reaching down and tapping Nu on her butt.

This caused Nu to flinch and start at his secretary’s touch.

“As you can see, Lord Sigma,” She said with a smile. “This person beneath me, is in her rightful place.” She told her superior. “As she has now taken over my previous position.”

“WHAT?!”

Zeta, or rather; Nu stated with a nod.

“That’s right,” She informed him while gently caressing her new inferior’s posterior. Which made the new Zeta tremble at her touch in revulsion. “She is my new pussy licking bitch!” She told him while looking down at the woman.

She looked up and smiled cheekily at her superior.

       

“As you can see, Lord Sigma,” She said while standing up, but never letting go of the choker chain in her hand. She then got down on one knee, bowing before Sigma. “As requested, I have brought Nu to you:” She told him with a flip of her hair. “I am your new Nu, my Lord.”

                         

Zeta watched from the floor, as her new mistress bowed towards Lord Sigma. She looked up to her Lord with pleading eyes. Begging her to punish this upstart who had humiliated her in a Pokémon battle; to return her rightfully hard earned position of Nu to her.

        

Sigma looked down with cold indifferent eyes, towards the pair of girls who had dared to stand here before him, and prostrate themselves in this overdramatic and bathetic display.

             

But, in another sense. He found it terribly amusing.

       

His gave a half smile as he chuckled at the audacity of his Zeta; his new Nu.

Then started to lower himself back down into his seat.

“I suppose…” He began saying.

        

The new Zeta looked up hopefully.

         

“You did.” Sigma told his new Nu with a satisfied smile. “Well done.”

The new Zeta’s face fell, as she realized she was doomed to her fate.

                          

Nu smiled while she continued to bow.

“I am humbled by your acceptance, my Lord.”

Sigma lifted his hands to forestall such frivolities.

“Let’s dispense with the pleasantries my dear Nu… it will take some getting used to calling you something other than Zeta, after so long.”

Nu chuckled at his familiarity with her.

“Then I will,” She said as she stood. “Thank you for your leniency.”

Sigma gave another chuckle at her etiquette, with a shake of his head.

         

“I really should have known you’re ambition would have not held you back from achieving a higher station.” He closed his eyes and smiled while shaking his head again in memory. “Hard to imagine. That you came to us, less than a year ago, and you’re already amongst the upper elite.”

“It was nothing.” She said him humbly. “I have a goal that I must achieve.” She told him. “This was simply a means to an end.”

He chuckled at her ambitious attitude.

“Indeed.” He smiled at his inferior; he was pleased with how she found a work around to what she wanted, after he told her no. “Since I am feeling very generous today; and the fact that I dislike you with the name Nu: I’ll be promoting you to Xi,”

Nu; now Xi, looked at her Sigma in surprise.

And the new Zeta, was crushed.

              

N-not only did she steal my position?! She elevated it?!

                   

WHY?! Why her?!

                               

Nu; previously Zeta; now Xi. Was truly humbled by the honor she received.

She stood up straight, giving him a salute.

“Thank you my Lord! Thank you for granting me this opportunity.”

“Hahaha!~ Worry not,” Sigma told his ex-secretary. “It is truly, my own honor. You are the next raising star of the Research Division.” He stood up from his chair. Looking at Xi with pride. “Your mission, Xi:is to go to Hoenn. Find out about what happened to Lambda’s team, and report in; additionally, if you can find the documents of the corrupted files, that will be a bonus for us; also, after establishing contact with Lambda and his team, assist them in anyway in securing Subject Zero.” He ordered.

                   

Xi was about to correct him on Jennifer’s codename, but decided it was better if she appeared to not know anything about it.

She instead just gave a thoughtful nod.

“Understood my Sigma.” She said with a bow. “Is there anything else you require?”

a pensive expression over took Sigma’s face, as he thought about if there was anything else.

He let out a chuckle.

“Not really…” He shrugged. “But if you would just please humor an old man and his curiosity. Why were you so insistent on being the one to go to Hoenn? When you usual do everything that is ordered of you with out question? You even went as far as to rerank Zeta here; though, to be fair to on her and your part in that: If she isn’t prepared to defend herself or her rank at any given moment, than she really wasn’t worthy of it to begin with.” He said, with a pointed glance towards the new Zeta.

             

At this point, Zeta was sobbing as quietly as possible and looking away from the two superiors in front of her. As she was too embarrassed to lift her head.

       

Xi, at that moment, was also embarrassed.

“Umm….”

“Hmm? Something the problem?” Sigma questioned with a warm smile.

“N-No problem, just embarrassing to admit.” She told him. “I wanted to go to Hoenn, so that I could…— could meet up with someone…”

“……Just to meet someone?” He questioned her, as he watched her expression change to beat dark and ruddy.

“I umm… want to… see my girlfriend… Y-You Lordship…” She said as she covered her hands in embarrassment. “…Kyaa! I can’t believe I told my Lord Sigma that! I’m so embarrassed!”

     

Sigma blinked at Xi with a blank expression. Then he threw his head back in laughter.

“Ah!~ Youth!~ how wonderful.” He told her. He then waved a dismissive hand at her. “Very well,” He allowed. “Do your assignments first; and if you find yourself with free time, you may visit your companion as much as you are able: but do try to keep your liaisons to a minimal. We do have important work to do.” He reminded her gently.

She smiled widely at his answer, and gave a deep bow.

“I will! Thank you very much sir!”

       

He waved a dismissive hand with a laugh.

“Go then,” He told her. “Complete your mission and have a good time… Oh and Xi,”

“Yes, My Sigma?”

“Just Sigma now,” He said to her. “When we’re in private company, we are both of the upper crust now.” Sigma reminded her. He then pointed down at the inferior, curled up on the floor. “And thank you for finding a replacement for yourself before you go.” He told her.

 But to his surprise, she shook her head.

“No sir, please don’t thank me; it was the least I could do, and beside sir: she is pretty inefficient and untrained.” She then bowed her head. “So if anything, I should be apologizing to you sir, for not finding you a more suitable replacement before I leave.”

“Bah! Think nothing of it. She can be trained and learn to do the job properly.” He raised an eyebrow at the sniveling inferior. “It’s her attitude I worry about.”

         

Xi shook her head.

“Not to worry sir,” She told him. “I’ve properly shown her, what her place is: I made her carry me from the first floor battle area, all the way to your office, as a show of fealty.”

Sigma blinked at Xi’s method.

“A bit curl, don’t you think?” Sigma chided.

“Not at all sir,” Xi told him. “She not once refused to you as Lord, since I stepped into her officer earlier.” She explained. She looked down at the new Zeta with an expression of disdain. “She just didn’t understand, that just because you’re above, doesn’t mean you’re at the top;” She looked back at Sigma before continuing. “That is why I made sure, that everyone in the building got a good look at her, so that she would know, what her true place is.”

      

“Hmm…” Sigma pondered. “I see… Oh well, what’s done is done. I suppose that she is your subordinate now, I have no place to interfere.”

“No sir,” Xi contradicts him. “She my be my bitch, but I brought her here for your personal use.” She gave another bow. “Please think of her, as nothing as the tool or whore that she is.”

        

He chuckled at her cruelty with a shake of his head.

“Very well, your dis— oh wait! One more thing before you go, I am a curious old man, after all.”

“Yes my Lord? What is it?” She asked him.

“How did the battle against her go?”

“Ah! It was a full team battle my Lord.” She informed him. “Six on six.”

“Ah! I see,” He smiled. “And I’m assuming you trounced her.”

“Yes my Lord.”

“And how many Pokémon did you end up using?”

“Just one, My Lord.”

                                 

And with that, Xi left the office, heading to the airport to arrange for a flight, which would take her to Hoenn.

                      

                        

18