Chapter 8 – Knowing the World
1.7k 10 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being introduced to her room by Reinhard, Arturia choose to rest for the day. She took off her armor and sword before going to the bed. It was a long day for her, especially with all that happened in a day.

From an ordinary girl, transported to a different world as a Knight Princess Arturia Lily, then became one of the dragon maidens to join the royal selection.

Tomorrow would be another long day for her. Reinhard has sworn his fealty towards her, and she agreed to it. He said that he will report to the sage council tomorrow about her candidacy. Arturia requested Reinhard to teach her about writing and reading after he was done reporting to the Sage Council.

Not only that, but Arturia also wanted to get used to her new body so she requested Reinhard for friendly training if he has some free time.

Reinhard agreed to her request. He said that he has the divine protection of teaching or something like that so he would be able to teach her without any problem. Another thing that Arturia didn’t know. Was Divine Protection is the same as Abilities in Fate games?

Arturia decided to ask about it when Reinhard teach her how to read and write. For now, she just wanted to close her eyes and take a rest.

“Good night world.”

***

The next day, Arturia woke up before dawn. She raised her body and looked outside the window of the room. Her room, the guest room was located on the second floor of the mansion and has its own balcony.

Arturia picked her sword and walked to the balcony, sitting on a white chair that was arranged with a white table there. She rested her sword against the table and looked down on the garden. She saw Reinhard swing a wooden sword near the garden, and got surprised.

Was he always woke up at this time and trained himself? Artura for some reason wanted to move her body too, so she took her sword with her and walked back to her room. She put on her armor and gauntlet before exiting the room.

She exited the mansion and walked towards Reinhard who swung a wooden sword. He was still in a suit that he wore yesterday, with his sword strapped on his waist.

Reinhard noticed Arturia’s presence and stopped his training to look at Arturia.

“Good morning, Milady. You have woken up. Do you need something from me, Milady?” Greeted Reinhard as he smiled at Arturia.

Although he trained himself, there is no sign of sweat on his body which is strange. How much stamina did Reinhard have?

“Good morning, Sir Reinhard. I saw you swinging a sword from the balcony and I thought that I will join you. That’s why I came here, Sir Reinhard.”

“I see, please feel free to swing your sword here, Milady. I have swung my sword enough, so I will observe from that place over there.” Said Reinhard as he pointed at a tree near the mansion with his hand, not far from the location they were at.

“Well then, I will warm my body up, Sir Reinhard.”

“Please enjoy yourself, Milady.” Said Reinhard before he walked towards the location that he pointed at earlier.

Arturia stepped forward from her position and unsheathed Caliburn. She held it with both of her hands and took a moment to feel the metal handle of the blade. Arturia concentrated and closed her eyes, resonating with something inside her.

Her heart was beating, the unawakened dragon heart inside her body was beating, resonating with her breath. She opened her eyes after a few seconds and raised her sword.

She swung down Caliburn one time, raise it again, and swung it down again. She repeated this movement fifty times before she stopped and sheathed her sword. She let out a long breath and looked at Reinhard.

She raised her hands in front of her face and tighten it into a fist. She relaxed her body and looked at Reinhard with a smile.

“I’m done, Sir Reinhard.”

Reinhard nodded his head and approached Arturia. “That was magnificent, Milady. You are so proficient in handling the mana around you.”

“It seems so, Sir Reinhard. Somehow I could feel it and be able to move it with my will. Could I ask for a short spar with you, Sir Reinhard? As you’ve known, I am not from here, so I would like to test my ability against the knight of this kingdom.”

Reinhard feel conflicted when Arturia asked for a spar. He crossed his arm and touched his chin with his right hand to think about it.

Seeing Reinhard’s behavior, Arturia realized that something was wrong with Reinhard. She quickly added. “If you can’t do it, then it’s fine. Please just look at my skill and judge it based on your understanding.”

Reinhard snapped out from his thought and said. “Ah, no Milady. If it’s about your ability, then I can give you a rough comparison against the knight of this kingdom. Your fight with Elsa Granhiert was enough for me to judge your ability.”

Arturia smiled at Reinhard and said. “Please don’t use that as a reference. Truthfully, I held back when fighting her. Killing someone is against my code of chivalry, so I made sure to hold back after I know the extent of her ability.”

‘Caliburn would also break if I used my full strength to attack. I read something like that in my homeworld’

Reinhard was even more surprised after Arturia said that. She held back and managed to defeat the Bowel Hunter? Then his Lady is stronger than he thought. Also, he was happy knowing that his Lady would think about her opponent even if they fought with a criminal.

But, that way of thinking was naïve of his Lady. She will be in trouble when she fought the lunatic of this world, like the archbishop of the witch cult.

Reinhard couldn’t disprove his Lady action though. If his Lady code of chivalry includes not killing anyone, then it was his duty to cut his Lady’s enemy. As his specialty was killing.

“If that’s the case, Milady. Then I believe that there is no one stronger than you in the knight order of this kingdom. Elsa Granhiert, the Bowel Hunter is strong, that even an experienced knight would have trouble when facing her. I hope you are satisfied with my answer.” Said Reinhard as he bowed his head.

“I see, thank you for your answer, Sir Reinhard. Then, as I’ve requested before, could you teach me how to read and write?”

Reinhard put a smile on his face and stepped sideway. “Certainly Milady, please this way.”

*****

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon. Please consider to support me because I wanted to make this my full-time job!

Chapter 13 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

63