Chapter 14 – Conference
1.4k 8 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It all happened about half a year ago-“ When Marcos began explaining about the history of the royal selection, one of the candidates with purple hair interrupted him.

“I get that you wanna talk up a good show here, but I’m busy, y’know? As we say in Kararagi ‘Time is Money’”

Arturia narrowed her eyes at the purple-haired girl. It was not polite to interrupt a knight that announced something. She then branded the purple-haired girl as a greedy one.

From her appearance, the one that matched Reinhard’s description was the Merchant, Anastasia Hoshin.

After Anastasia ended her talk, the girl with green hair wearing a military outfit beside her added.

“I agree.”

“Crusch-sama, should the head of Karsten's family say such a thing?”

“Formality is important, but our time is limited. It would be wise to immediately inform us why we are here. Naturally, I do have a general idea as to why we are gathered here.” Said Crush.

Arturia was a bit impressed by the military girl. If she knew about the reason why they are here, then it was best if Arturia stepped out right now. She looked at Reinhard and saw him gesturing her to stay in the line for now.

Arturia nodded her head a little and decided to remain on the line for now. If Reinhard gestured her to stay, then he must have his reason.

“You already know the purpose of this meeting?” Asked the oldest man in Sage Council.

Crusch crossed her arms and said with closed eyes. “Yes, Lord Miklotov. For a drinking party correct?”

“No, that is not correct.” Answered the oldest man, Miklotov.

Arturia has almost let out a chuckle when Miklotov said that. Crusch had said all of that with a tone full of confidence, but she had guessed it wrong.

Crusch was surprised that Miklotov denied her claim, but she quickly turned to look at the row of the knights and asked.

“Feris, this isn’t what you told me.”

The knight behind the helmet guy responded to Crusch's call. “Oh, come on. I just said that it maybe a drinking party.”

“Is that so?” Said Crusch. She turned back to look at Miklotov and added. “Forgive me. Allow me to retract everything I said earlier.”

“Hey now! Even if she backed away, my opinion ain’t gonna change. We already know about the royal selection. Right?” Said Anastasia as she looked at her left.

The platinum silver-haired girl, that Arturia knew as Emilia answered with a stutter. “I think we should hea-“

But, before she was done with her sentence, Anastasia cut her off. “Sorry, but I wasn’t asking for your opinion.”

“Why- Yo-“ Arturia could hear Subaru’s voice from behind. But, as she was concentrated on the candidates, she didn’t do anything to her. Reinhard also just looked at the situation, so she knew that it will be okay.

Fortunately, the helmet man immediately shut Subaru off and calm him down with a loud voice.

“Hey!! I don’t know about the selection, could you explain it to me?!” The helmet man shouted as he raised his right hand.

Miklotov turned to the blond-haired girl and asked. “Priscilla-sama. I was told that man is your knight. Have you not explained it to him?”

“Even if I explained it, you guys will still rumbling about it, right? Marcos, continue your speech.” Said the blond-haired girl, Priscilla to Marcos with a commanding tone.

Marcos continued his explanation until finally, he called a name.

“Knight Reinhard van Astrea, come forward!”

“Yes, Sir!” Answered Reinhard.

He looked at Arturia for a second before walking towards Marcos. He stopped behind the candidates and bowed his head.

“Honored members of the Sage Council. I, Reinhard van Astrea of the Imperial Knights, would like to announce the completion of my mission.” Reinhard raised his head as he said that.

“The dragon maiden, the fifth and the final candidate for the throne has been located!”

Everyone gasped when they heard Reinhard’s word. They began to look around the room, but they were silenced by a voice.

“I see now. It is disappointing.” Arturia said with a voice that could be heard by everyone in the room.

Subaru and the helmet man were surprised and they looked at Arturia who walked towards the other candidates.

“Miss?” Asked Subaru as his gaze followed Arturia’s back.

“The one, I, Reinhard van Astrea gave my life for. The one I promised to make her a King, I present you, Arturia Pendragon.” Reinhard stepped sideways and bowed his head.

Arturia keep walking and as he passed Reinhard, he said. “Please take your place, Milady.”

“I must say, Sir Reinhard. The other candidates were not as impressive as you said. No, some of them didn’t fit to be a King.” Said Arturia as she eyed the other candidates.

“A greedy one.” She said as her gaze stopped at Anastasia. Anastasia didn’t show any reaction when Arturia call her greedy, as such was her nature.

“The proud one, this one is a good candidate to be a king. But, she must have not let her confidence lead her astray like earlier.” Said Arturia as she looked at Crusch.

Crusch looked back at Arturia with the same confidence that she had earlier. She just nodded her head a little as if she noted Arturia’s word.

“The haughty one. She reminded me of someone. But, that someone is a great king, his haughtiness has a base, and that is his ability.” Said Arturia as she looked at Priscilla. She remembered a certain king with the same hair color from the same series as Arturia, but that King is a man, and he has the right to flaunt his position.

Priscilla opened her fan to cover her face, but she was looking at Arturia with displeasure.

“A kind one. But she’s too kind and too forgiving. She will be a kind king, but not a good one.” Said Arturia as she looked at the surprised Emilia. She must’ve never expected that Arturia was the fifth candidate for the throne.

“Milady, they are a great people. Please don’t judge them too early.” Said Reinhard as he raised his body.

“Indeed, haughtiness brought us doom.” Answered Arturia.

“Arturia-sama, if you are finished with your evaluation, please come here.” Said Marcos as he pointed at the candidates line politely.

“I will go back to my line, Milady. Good luck.” Said Reinhard as he walked back to his line.

Arturia walked towards Marcus and stopped beside Emilia. She already knew what to do because Reinhard told her, so she pulled the dragon insignia from her pocket and held it high with her left hand.

The gem in the middle of the insignia began to let out a red glow and it surprised everyone in the room.

As the gem glowed, Reinhard began to shout. “As you can see, the dragon gem has recognized Arturia-sama as a priestess. Now that her participation has been approved, I believe it is time to begin the royal selection in earnest.”

Right after Reinhard said that the knights in the room put their right palm on their chest and bowed their heads.

*****

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 18 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

55