Chapter 16 – A Start of Conflict
1.4k 8 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've released my new Original Novel!

The name is: Magical Giants: The Life of Zmeya

Please look it up in search section as it will not appear in my profile anytime soon!

Also, please give a review in my original novel xD

Love you all!

Shout Out to RaizarP who helped me to write the novel. Check out his novel too! It is an interesting novel.

Her declaration surprised the crowd. No matter the knights and the nobles, they were surprised by her statement. But, one voice silenced them.

“I see now, that was why you were confident.” Crusch crossed her arms and nodded her head. “She was saying the truth.”

Reinhard also added. “And I can attest to that too. With her permission, I will also add. If I fight against Arturia-sama, then I believe it will be a long fight without any winner.”

The crowd began to burst into commotion when they heard Reinhard’s word. Why? Why were they surprised when they heard that Reinhard couldn’t win against her?

Arturia was confused. But then she remembered, that Reinhard was a Sword Saint. Maybe he said that he couldn’t beat her because he misunderstood her immortality? Her regeneration was indeed enhanced, but she could still die if she was killed. She would also lose her immortality if her Caliburn was destroyed.

But, the nobles and the knights' reactions were good for now. Arturia was satisfied if they thought she was strong. But, she still didn’t know much about her Knight’s strength. It seems she still needs some information gathering about her knight.

“Silence!” Shouted Miklotov.

The crowd was instantly silenced with Miklotov’s word. But, that didn’t stop one candidate to spoke her thoughts.

“So what? I will be the winner of this selection. Strong Knight meant nothing in front of me.” Said Priscilla as she glared at Arturia.

Arturia went back to the line and glared back at Priscilla. “What do you mean?”

Priscilla stepped forward and turned towards Arturia. She closed her fand and pointed it right at Arturia’s face.

“A Knight, but without a clear background. Did you perhaps didn’t notice it, Knight was supposed to follow the King, not become one. Or what, you wanted to be a King that was why you pretended as a Knight?” She opened her fan again and covered her lower face with it.

Arturia glared at Priscilla more intensely. Her pride was just trampled down by a haughty girl, she can’t accept that. “Take back your word. I won’t forgive anyone who insulted my pride as a Knight. I demand you to apologize for your words.”

She sheathed Caliburn back to its sheath and turned towards Priscilla. The other candidates were just looked at them with an amused gaze, but Emilia was confused by the sudden development and looked at Arturia and Priscilla back and forth.

“Insolence, who do you think I am?” Said Priscilla as mana gathered around her, levitating her skirt slightly.

The helmet man in the knight line stepped forward a little and said. “Princess, that’s..”

But, before he was done with his sentence, Priscilla raised her fan and swung it towards Arturia, creating a gust of hot wind. Arturia could feel Reinhard move, but she stopped him and said.

“Magic at that degree meant nothing to me.”

True with her words, when a gust of wind that was created by Priscilla almost hit Arturia’s body, an invisible shield appeared in front of her and negated the magic.

The other people were surprised by that, and Emilia used this chance to step in front of Arturia and shouted.

“What are you thinking in a place like this?”

Emilia appeared to protect Arturia from Priscilla, although that was unnecessary. But, Arturia was a bit grateful for her kindness.

“Don-“ As Arturia was about to say something to Emilia, Priscila cut her off.

“I was only trying to make her learn herself.” Said Priscilla as she pulled her fan back and covered her lower face again, her left hand was on her hip, and she closed her eyes as looked down on Emilia.

“You won’t even apologize?” Shouted Emilia at Priscilla as she swung her right hand to further enhance her shout.

“Then, will you also apologize for being born?” Said Priscilla to Emilia.

Emilia was shaken by her words and took a step back.

“You silver-haired half-elf.”

Arturia who heard that was confused, why? Why did Priscilla say that to Emilia? Was Priscilla discriminating a Halfling? If that’s so, then Arturia would be offended too. But, Emilia's next words made it clear for Arturia.

“I-I’m not connected to Witch at all…” Said Emilia with a scared tone.

Now everything was clear. Arturia also understood the situation. Silver-haired half-elf, that was the characteristic of the Witch of Envy that Arturia read from the book in Reinhard’s library. She understood that witch was a vile creature, but the girl in front of her was a kind person. She even defended her from being attacked by Priscilla.

Priscilla’s knight that stood behind Subaru scratched his helmet and said. “Princess, could you stop now? I’ll be the one who suffers if you make too many enemies, seriously.”

Arturia looked at the man with a helmet and commended his bravery. He was brave enough to tell his King about what was wrong, and he was ready to take his King’s enemies if the need arise. Unfortunately, his King was not that kind of person.

Arturia's dislike for Priscilla grew, but she decided to bury it inside her. She must be just, she will not discriminate person. But, Arturia was also human, that was why she stepped forward in front of Emilia and asked the Sage Council.

“So, we have made our speech. What’s next? If the nobles were dissatisfied with my participation, then I will allow them to talk to me directly. If the Knights weren’t acknowledged me as a proper knight, then I will accept a duel from them. If this country discriminates against a Halfling, then I will stop that with my own way.”

“This is a joke! I’ve overlooked it because it was urgent, but to drag it this long is unbelievable! I bet that pretend Knight asked Astrea to make her look like a knight! Even her magic is fake!” Shouted the first noble that raised his voice earlier.

The Sage Council that sat beside Miklotov also said. “He’s right. I didn’t believe Astrea’s report since the start, what kind of Princess would be stranded in Lugnica right in the middle of Royal Selection. Not only that, Margrave Mathers endorses a half-devil?”

Roswaal looked at the member of the Sage Council with a smile and said. “Calling a half-elf a half-devil isn’t nice you know~ Look, there is someone who was offended by your word over there~”

However, the member of the Sage Council ignored Roswaal’s word and continued. “That silver-haired half-devil matches the appearance of the Witch of Envy as it has been described for generations! Why do you not realize that allowing her presence in the throne room is dreadful.”

The member of the Sage Council who said that closed his eyes and looked down. “Filthy Woman!”

As he said that, Subaru shouted from the crowd. “Enough of you-“ But, his shout was silenced by Reinhard that suddenly appeared behind him on Arturia’s order.

She had expected Subaru to shout because she looked at him since the Sage Council talked about a bad thing towards Emilia.

Arturia walked towards the Sage Council who said all of that and slammed her hand on the table in front of him. “Witch of Envy, are you really that scared with her?”

*****

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 20 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

57