Chapter 15 – Conference 2
1.4k 5 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Even if the dragon stone recognized her, do you not think that her participation is a bit problematic?” Asked one of the noble that stood in the right row.

Marcos narrowed her eyes at him. “Do you believe that we, the Imperial Knights, have made an error?”

With Marcos’ word, every knight in the room turned to look at the noble with a narrowed gaze. The noble looked back at them with the same gaze, both parties didn’t want to back down and admit that they were wrong.

Arturia and the other candidates just looked forward without minding any of them. They were chosen already, so they didn’t bother listening to the rant of the nobles.

“She doesn’t have the self-awareness of a ruler.” Said one of the nobles.

“She’s uneducated as well.” Said another noble.

At that word, Arturia could see Emilia’s body flinched a little. So she knew that Emilia was targeted by the other nobles.

Miklotov can’t handle the noble’s rant and silence them with one word. “Silence.”

He looked at Reinhard and asked. “Knight Reinhard. Would you begin by explaining to us what led you to her discovery?”

Reinhard took a half-kneel and put his sword down. He didn’t kneel fully towards Miklotov, because he already swore to Arturia, and he’s Arturia’s knight. Miklotov didn’t seem to mind that, so Reinhard began to speak.

“I’ve met with Arturia-sama about one month ago in the alleyway of the city. After I met her, I asked her a question because I’ve never met a knight with her name. So that incident led me with discovery about her being the last candidate for the Royal Selection.” Said Reinhard.

It was planned to make it like Arturia was found a month ago, not a week ago to fool the noble. Reinhard had told Sage Council about the true story, so his story right now was nothing but a formality. But, there is a noble that did not accept Reinhard’s story.

“Hah! So she’s just a pretend knight from an alleyway?!” The first noble that disagreed with Arturia’s participation shouted.

Hearing that word, Arturia snapped. How dare he call her a pretend knight? Mana began to form a golden glow around her and almost all the nobles stepped back.

Arturia turned towards the noble that called her a pretend knight and asked. “How dare to call me a pretend knight? I won’t allow anyone to trample my pride as a Knight.”

The noble was beyond terrified. They never thought that Arturia would be pissed off by his word and gathered a lot of Mana like that.

Reinhard stepped in front of Arturia with a serious face and said.

“Milady, please hold yourself back. The nobles always looked down on a knight, so I know your feeling right now.”

Arturia calmed down immediately after she heard Reinhard’s word and took a deep breath. The golden aura around her disappeared and her serious face was replaced with a kind smile.

“I took it too far. I apologize.” Said Arturia before she turned back to look at the Sage Council. “I apologize for my actions earlier, it spites me to be called a pretend knight, I hope you understand.”

Miklotov nodded his head and said. “Don’t worry, Arturia-sama. We understand that. I must apologize for him too, for calling you a pretend knight.”

“Well, all of this long-winded blather could not be more tedious. How about we start now?” Priscilla cut off the conversation and said with a haughty voice.

“Certainly, that is the case.” Said Miklotov.

As if that word became a sign, Marcos put his hand behind his back and said. “Then, Royal Selection candidates, please come forth.”

The candidates, together with their knight approached Marcos and turned towards the crowd. Then Marcos began to introduce them one by one. Each candidate that was called have to step forward with their attendant and give a short speech to the crowd to appeal as to why they must be chosen as the King of this Kingdom.

“Priscilla Barielle-sama and her attendant, Al.”

“The selection is pointless. I am the one suited to rule this nation! All you people need to do is grovel at my feet and serve me!” Shouted Priscilla as she raised her fan towards the crowd.

Arturia didn’t like her already. In her homeworld, she thought that Gilgamesh was cool. But, seeing a real haughty person in front of her made her think about it twice.

Marcos continued the introduction to the second candidate. “Head of the Karsten Family, Crusch Karsten-sama. Her attendant, the Knight Felix Argyle.”

“Should I become the new ruler, I will make the dragon forget the covenant it demanded.” Said Crusch as she spread her arm. “The Dragon’s Empire of Lugnica belongs not to the dragon, but us!”

Artura looked at Crusch and thought. ‘Even after I said that her confidence could ruin her.’

As that is the end of Crusch's speech, Marcos continued. “Anastasia Hoshin-sama of the Hoshin Company, and her attendant, the Knight Julius Euclius.”

Arturia looked at Anastasia’s Knight, Julius.

‘So that’s the Finest Knight that Reinhard talked about? He certainly looked like that.’

“I’m a greedy gal, so I want everything. No amount of commercial success can satisfy me. I want my own Nation.”

With a short speech, Anastasia walked back to the line and smiled.

“Emilia-sama and the man endorsing her, Margrave Roswaal L. Mathers.”

Arturia looked at the man that was called the best magician in this country. And, sure. Reinhard didn’t lie to her. He was certainly an eccentric man.

Emilia stepped forward and put her right hand on her chest.

“I have only one wish. For all to be equals! I desire to create a nation where all citizens are equal!”

“Still, after the introduction of those knights, I feel terribly out of plaaace hereee~” Said Rooswal with a unique way of speaking.

The other attendant didn’t say anything, but Emilia’s attendant somehow did. Maybe because of his position as a noble, no one said anything to him.

They walked back into the line and it was Arturia’s turn.

“Finally, the last candidate. Because of her unique identity, her knight wanted her to do the introduction herself. Please step forth, Arturia Pendragon-sama, and her attendant, Knight Reinhard van Astrea.”

Arturia stepped forward to give a speech. She unsheathed her sword and slammed its tip to the ground. She put her hands on the handle and looked at the crowd in front of her.

“First, I will introduce myself so no one will call me a pretend knight again. I heard that Crusch-sama can tell a lie, is that true?” Asked Arturia as she looked at Crusch.

“That’s correct.” Answered Crusch.

Arturia nodded her head satisfied and shouted.

“My name is Arturia Pendragon! The wielder of Caliburn, the Golden Sword of Assured Victory. I’m the one called Princess Knight of Britain, also the next King of All England! For those in this country, I promise you. That I will bring you to victory.”

*****

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 20 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

54