Chapter 29 – The End of Expedition
926 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crusch went back to the frightened mercenaries and armies that were afraid when they saw 3 Hakugei in the sky and shouted.

“Are you going to stand here powerlessly?! Look at that girl! The girl who stood in front of all of us! She is not afraid even when the Hakugei had split itself into three! Look at that girl who held her sword with a steel gaze! Are you not embarrassed?! You are men, mercenaries, a Knight!”

The army began to look at Arturia and saw her standing under three Hakugei with Reinhard. She was not wearing full plate armor like them, she was wearing a dress. Even so, she was not afraid and looked at the Hakugei with a steel gaze.

The mercenaries began to clutch the weapons in their hands. The knights that joined the expedition gritted their teeth in frustration. The girl that called herself a knight was not afraid when she faced the Hakugei.

The girl that looked in her early teen had stood bravely on the battlefield, without a sign of fear on her face. Even when the strongest being in Lugnica was beside her, that didn’t matter. They were afraid, they were afraid of Hakugei even when they stood a little distance away from the Hakugei even when they knew that Reinhard could protect them.

“Ooooooooo!!!” One of the mercenaries shouted a warcry, and Crusch smiled.

“Now, our duty is simple! That girl needed time, we need to give her what she needs! 30 Seconds, that much is fine. Let’s keep the other two whales busy for 30 seconds!! How can we just sit here in despairs when that girl stood over there with her sword still in her hands! Once again, are you not embarrassed?!” Crusch raised her famed sword, Lion Rampant.

“What are your answer?!” Once again, Crusch asked the Mercenaries and the Knights.

All of them raised their sword and the magicians raised their hands and shouted.

“Let’s bring them down!!”

“Let’s gooo!!”

“I will shoot them from here!”

Crusch smiled and then she looked at Hakugei.

“All troops! Fire!!!”

The Magicians began their work and fired the magic canon at the two Hakugei, trying to bring them down.

Because the Hakugei was injured greatly, they were able to bring one down almost immediately. Wilhelm who stood right under the Hagukei saw this chance and jumped on top of the Hakugei.

The troops also began to run towards the Hakugei while some of them brought ropes to tie the Hakugei down the earth.

The magicians on the troops began to refill the magic canon. While they were at it, some of the Magicians extended their hands and shouted.

“Al Goa!”

From each magicians’ hand, flames were fired and hit the second whale’s stomach.

Arturia saw this as a chance. She held her sword parallel with her neck and pointed its tip towards the whale that flew the highest in the sky.

“Sir Reinhard, I am counting on you to protect me.”

Reinhard put his right hand on his chest and bowed at Arturia, “Of course, Milady. I will protect you no matter what.”

Arturia nodded her head and began to gather the mana in the environment around her sword. This time she put more mana compared to last time, enough to make the sword glow brighter than the sun and illuminated the area around Arturia like headlights.

Not only that, the atmosphere around Arturia was distorted to the point the troops could only see a blur around Arturia’s sword.

‘Please, don’t break, Caliburn.’ Thought Arturia.

Now she was using all the mana that could be put into Caliburn without breaking it. It was tough, but Arturia managed to hold the mana still and didn’t break Caliburn. She knew that Caliburn can’t handle all of her strength, more so in this world without Gaia and Alaya who interfere with the supernatural.

Arturia’s strength was enhanced, and it was stronger than Arturia that she knew from Fate. No, with Magicians roaming around the world and the witch that could destroy the world existed, getting enhanced was an understatement.

‘My heart was beating loudly and faster as I pour the mana into Caliburn. I wanted to awaken the dragon heart inside me, but now is not the time!’

The unawakened dragon heart began beating loudly, and Arturia could feel it more clearly compared to her first attempt to feel it.

In her hands, Caliburn started trembling, the sign that it couldn’t take any more mana. But she needed to convert that mana into an attack, and she need time to do that.

The second whale that was struck by the magician’s attack howled loudly and it affected the troops. Crusch sent a flying slash toward the second whale and it hit its stomach, bringing it down to the earth.

“Disperse! Some of you take the second whale and hold it to the ground!”

The troops began to separate. Some of the mercenaries who were led by Ricardo moved towards the second whale riding a mount that looked like a big wolf. They shouted a war cry and began their attack towards the second whale.

The third whale that stayed in the sky began to cry. The cry caused the soldiers that were part of the troops to hold their ears. Some of them were not affected, but some of them were affected badly until they lost their consciousness.

Crusch was also affected and she was down on her knees, but her Knight worked fast. As a famed healer in Lugnica, Felix immediately healed Crusch and asked her.

“Are you okay nyan, Crusch-sama?!”

“Y-yeah, how about the others?” Asked Crusch as she looked around the situation. The first whale was fine because it seems that Wilhelm was not affected by the cry and kept attacking the first whale.

But, the second whale was freed from the attack and began to fly to Arturia.

“That’s bad! Sir Reinhard!” Crusch shouted at Reinhard in the distance, but he had moved before he heard the shout.

Standing in front of Arturia, for the first time in the battle, Reinhard unsheathed his sword. He could feel that Arturia had done with gathering mana, and she just need to unleash it. He made eye contact with Arturia and she nodded her head.

Reinhard smiled and raised his sword. Facing the Hakugei in front of him, his blade let out a bright blue glow that rivaled the golden glow of Arturia’s sword. In a second, he brought down his sword and the battlefield went silent for a while as a bright slash launched towards the Hakugei.

It went through Hakugei's body with no problem and slashed it into two. However, the Hakugei in front of him was a fake, and so its body disappeared into a thin air without spilling blood. Reinhard’s slash was a different story, it didn’t stop on its track and hit the Flugel Tree, leaving a deep mark on it.

“I leave the rest to you, Milady.” Said Reinhard as he stepped away from Arturia.

Arturia had enough time, and now her attack was ready.

“Once again, please grant me your power. Sword of Selection, cleave the wicked. CALIBURN!”

With a shout, Arturia thrust her sword towards Hakugei in the sky. The beam was fired at Hakugei and hit right below Hakugei’s head.

In less than a second, Explosions occurred on the spot where the beam hit and it blew Hakugei’s head without leaving anything. Only Hakugei’s body was left, and it was slowly fell to the ground. The troops began to run to avoid Hakugei’s body.

The sky was illuminated with the explosion, and the mist was dispersed with the dead of Hakugei. Arturia herself had a rough breath and was about to fall, but Reinhard caught her in time and put her hands over his shoulder.

She was fine, but she was firing a huge amount of mana in less than a second. It drained her, and she need a few seconds to recover.

“Good work, Milady.” With a smile on his face, Reinhard began to walk away with Arturia.

“Naturally, if I can’t do this much I won’t be fit to be called a King.” Arturia had recovered her stamina with the help of Caliburn, but she decided to keep her hand around Reinhard to hide her trump card from Crusch and the other.

With a crash of Hakugei’s body, the fight had ended and the troops were shouting in victory.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 34 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

48