Chapter 30 – Aftermath of the Expedition
954 2 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wilhelm and Crusch alongside Felix made their way towards Arturia who was now standing by herself and unsheathed her sword.

They were surprised by the last attack that was about two times bigger than Arturia’s first attack.

Wilhelm looked at Hakugei’s body that was approached by the troops and had a rather sad expression on his face.

Arturia noticed that, so she said, “Apologies, I took your chance of revenge.”

Wilhelm looked at Arturia with a surprised expression and then looked at Reinhard. Reinhard shook his head as he closed his eyes, telling Wilhelm that he didn’t say anything.

That was why Wilhelm closed her eyes and then opened them again to look at Arturia. There was a small smile on his face.

“Pendragon-sama, please don’t apologize to this old man.”

Wilhelm went down on his knees and looked up at Arturia. His sudden behavior surprised Arturia, but Crusch and Felix just smiled at the old man.

“This Wilhelm will eternally be grateful towards you for avenging my wife. I have not enough strength to defeat the whale by myself, so this Wilhelm is grateful towards Pendragon-sama.”

Arturia looked at Wilhelm with steeled gaze, she understood what Wilhelm meant. She put her hand on Wilhelm's shoulder and smiled.

“Please raise your body, Wilhelm. You are Crusch-sama’s butler, not mine. You could only bow your or kneel at your Master, don’t do that to other people. I will accept your gratitude, so now raise your body and head.”

On the side, Crusch looked at what Arturia did and nodded her head. She was charmed by Arturia’s charisma.

“Oya, Crush-syama~” Felix said in a joking tone from behind Crusch as she covered her mouth with her right hand.

“Are you by chance amazed by her nya?”

Crusch who had always been teased by Felix responded seriously, “Yeah, she had a charisma what it took to be a king. Arturia Pendragon, although she said she was chosen and forced to be a king of her homeland, I thought that someone like her will become a good king.”

Wilhelm raised his body and then smiled at Arturia.

“Surely, that was the case. Then, please ask me anything when you need it, I will help you if your request is within my capability.”

Arturia nodded her head and looked at Wilhelm as the edge of her lips tugged up a little.

“I will, Wilhelm. For now, how about we took the proof of the subjugation and then took plenty rest before going back to the capital?”

“That’s a wonderful idea. Then I will excuse myself.”

Wilhelm put his hand on his chest and bowed to Arturia. He then turned away and walked to the troops to help them dismantle the Hakugei.

Reinhard that stayed silent all this time suddenly said.

“Milady, please allow me to leave for a while. I believe that I have something to do.” Reinhard bowed his head at Arturia with his hand on top of his chest as he said that.

Arturia looked at Reinhard and nodded her head.

“You are allowed to leave. Make sure to do that something with conviction, Sir Reinhard.” Arturia smiled at him as if she knew what Reinhard thought inside his head.

Reinhard raised his head and smiled wryly.

“Of course, Milady. Then I will excuse myself for now.”

For the last time, Reinhard bowed his head to Arturia then made his way towards the Hakugei too.

The three people were left and Crusch approached Arturia.

“Good work, Arturia-sama.” Crusch raised her right hand and praised Arturia.

Felix who stood behind Crusch raised his right hand above his head and shouted.

“That last attack was amazing nya! That was like boom! How did you do that? And, Reinhard was able to accumulate mana near you without disturbing your attack, that was strange.”

Arturia just smiled wryly at Felix and said.

“Well, the way I used mana is different from other people.” She scratched her cheek as she answered Felix.

“Different? Also, your attack had a golden glow. Could it be that you had Yang (Light) element nya?! That was rare!”

Felix's curiosity caused him to get excited and shout at Arturia.

Arturia was a bit uncomfortable with that, and she could only smile wryly. If only Felix was not her rival’s knight, she would happily tell him about her ability.

“Ferris, stop that. That’s rude.”

Felix lowered his hand and then bowed at Arturia, “I’m sorry!”

“Don’t mind it, it was natural to be curious about something that you don’t know. Let’s just say that I use a special meant to use mana around me.”

Arturia put her left hand on the handle Caliburn and made a gesture with her right hand.

“Use mana, was it?” Muttered Felix.

“Come to think of it, how did you know that Wilhelm had a grudge with Hakugei? Did Reinhard tell you about that, Arturia-sama?” Crusch asked Arturia with a curious tone.

She then turned to look at Wilhelm in the distance. Surprisingly, Wilhelm stood there with Reinhard on his side while looking at Hakugei together.

“No, he didn’t.” Answered Arturia. She then followed Crusch’s gaze and looked at Reinhard.

“Sir Reinhard just told me about Wilhelm, but he just said that Wilhelm was his grandfather. He didn’t tell me something personal as I prefer that my Knight have some privacy for himself. I just assumed that Wilhelm had a grudge towards Hakugei from his action when we fought Hakugei side by side. Not only that, the tone that he used toward Sir Reinhard when I was about to unleash my attack, I know that Wilhelm lost someone important to him from that.”

Arturia explained the reason why she knew about Wilhelm's vengeance toward the Hakugei.

Crusch was impressed by her sight, and she smiled as she looked at Arturia.

“Is that so, you are amazing, Arturia-sama.”

Arturia looked back at Crusch and said, “You are amazing too, Crusch-sama. Your leadership when you ordered the troop was top-notch.”

“Not as much as you.” Replied Crusch.

They were talking some other things as they looked at the troops that finally dismantled the Hakugei and took its head and horn.

The troops began to make their way towards the place where they dropped their equipment with a smile on their face.

“With this, we can announce that the Expedition is over, right?” Asked Crusch as she looked at the troops.

Arturia nodded her head shortly, but the bad feeling that she had still lingered in her mind.

‘I hope so.’ Thought Arturia.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 35 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

50