Chapter 33 – The Magus of Flower
994 12 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arturia right now had nothing to hope for except for someone to help her. She had attacked the one who called himself Regulus, but it was of no use.

At first, she dashed using her fastest speed and slashed Regulus's torso, or at least tried to slash Regulu’s torso. When her attack almost reached him, it was blocked by something invisible that caused her sword to bounce off his body.

It was something that looked like her Magic Resistance, but it was strange. Her sword didn’t even touch Regulus. In case of him having high defense, her sword would surely be able to touch at least his clothes, but it did nothing like that. It was bounced off the air and Arturia was blown back by an invisible attack.

She tried to attack him again, but all her slash was blocked by something invisible.

“You will not be able to hurt me! As I’m Invincible!” Said Regulus as he looked at Arturia with an annoyed gaze.

He then crouched and scooped sand with his hand. Arturia had a bad feeling about that and jumped back immediately. Regulus stopped his movement and let the sand fall from his hand when he saw Arturia jumping back to the distance that can’t be reached by throwing the sand in his hand.

“Why don’t you give up and be killed by me? That way my job will become easier.” Complained Regulus.

“I can’t do that. The ones behind me need my protection, and I won’t run away nor be killed!”

“Admiring! But you are just talking. You have no power to beat me, so that was why you talked like that!” Shouted Regulus as he raised his arms.

“What does a criminal like you know about me? Please just surrender and let me take you to the prison.” Said Arturia as she readied her sword once again.

“I know nothing but your ability. As you are right now, I can kill you easily.” Answered Regulus with a smile on his face.

Arturia gritted her teeth. He’s not wrong, but he’s also wrong. Arturia wasn’t in top shape right now, as she had just spent a lot of mana and Caliburn still needed some maintenance.

Her body was a bit tired after the fight, and she had no proper rest before she met with Regulus.

“Even so, I will strive to defeat you.”

Arturia used Mana Burst and arrived in front of Regulus in less than a second. He sent a horizontal slash that was imbued with mana, and finally, her sword managed to reach Regulus’s body.

Arturia smiled a little, but then she frowned and jumped back again with another Mana Burst. She narrowed her eyes and looked at the place that was just slashed by her sword.

“You… are you really human?” Asked Arturia.

The place that was slashed by Caliburn earlier had no wound, only Regulus’s clothes were slashed. His body was not wounded, and Regulus just looked at the slashed part with a frown on his face.

“How dare you destroy my clothes?” Muttered Regulus with a voice full of malice.

Arturia didn’t say anything, she prepared her next attack and imbued Caliburn with a lot of mana. She was preparing to release Caliburn's true name in one attack, disregarding whatever would happen to Caliburn.

She knew that Caliburn will break because of it, but she had no choice. If she didn’t attack the man in front of her with all of her power, then he will certainly massacre everyone behind her.

“I am counting on you once more, slash the wicked, CALIBURN!”

For the third time in a day. Arturia thrust Caliburn toward her enemy. The sword was loaded with all Arturia’s mana. The beam from the attack was launched right towards Regulus. It hit him, or rather, hit the space in front of him and caused great explosions.

The wind from the Explosions blew Arturia’s dress and the weaker people behind her, causing a small storm to form. It even blew the cart that was used to bring provisions for the expedition.

Arturia shielded her eyes with her left arm, focusing her gaze on the source of the explosions. On her right hand, Caliburn had cracks across its blade and it was close to a breaking point. One more attack and the blade will shatter.

She believed that the attack would wound her enemy greatly, she wanted to believe that. But her instinct told her otherwise.

The explosions had ended after a few seconds, leaving black smoke that was drifted away slowly.

With her enhanced sight, Arturia was able to see the situation inside the smoke. She widened her eyes in disbelief as the one who just took the full power of her attack was in fact uninjured and stood calmly with a smile on his face.

“No way…” Due to Arturia’s surprise Caliburn that was always pointed at her enemy was now pointed on the ground.

“I feel that one.” Said Regulus as he cracked his neck.

“For a human, you are strong, indeed.” Praised Regulus as he walked towards Arturia.

She had yet recovered from her shock, but she held Caliburn with both of her hands and pointed its cracked tips toward Regulus. Regulus’s defense was really terrifying, but he must’ve had some weakness.

Even Arturia had weakness herself, right now she had no shield to help her. She only had enhanced regenerative that she got from Caliburn that was now filled with crack.

Regulus had reached around 3 meters from Arturia when he suddenly crouched and took a handful of sand and said.

“I don’t need you, so you can die now.”

The sand stopped around Arturia’s body, and less than a second later it moved again at a high speed toward Arturia.

To lessen the damage, Arturia crouched and blocked some of the attacks with her sword. She also used mana to surround her body to increase her defense, but it was no use.

Her body was riddled with wounds after all the sands attacked her at high speed. She lost too much blood and she can’t stand straight.

“Oh? You survived that attack?” Asked Regulus with an amazed tone.

Arturia used her sword as an aid, but it broke in the middle of trying to stand up. For the first time in this world, she realized that she had underestimated this world a lot.

She collapsed on the ground while still looking at Regulus. She was struggling to keep her conscious mainly because of her wound, but if she fell unconscious right now, she will surely die.

Regulus approached her with a steady step and stood in front of her without doing anything.

“Pendragon-sama!” Wilhelm shout could be heard by Arturia, but she can’t move her body that was riddled with wounds.

“Now, you can die for sure.”

Regulus raised his hand and swung it downward, attempting to take Arturia’s life. He had a smile on his face, but that smile quickly turned into a shock as his hand was stopped by a vine of flowers from behind. He looked at his hand before he was yanked out to the distance.

Arturia was confused, but then her body was surrounded by flowers. She looked to her right and saw flowers begin to accumulate in one place.

“It seems you are in a bind, oh Princess Knight.”

The man's voice that sounded beautiful rang from inside the flower, surprising the battlefield. Even Lye Batenkaitos who fought Crusch and Wilhelm stopped for a while and gazed at the mysterious flower that appeared around Arturia.

On this battlefield, only she recognized that voice. With her last strength, she muttered.

“Mer…lin.”

The next moment, the flowers disappeared and a man with white hair, a white robe, and baggy pants holding a wand in his right hand appeared. He was a handsome man with flowery accessories near his ears.

“That’s correct, my King. Merlin has come to your rescue.” The man, Merlin, said to Arturia with a gentle voice.

“For now, please leave this to me and get some rest. I had called your first knight in this world and I believe that he will arrive in less than a minute.”

Arturia slowly nodded her head and closed her eyes.

“I… will leave… th…est…u.”

She lost her consciousness and Merlin made the flower bed for his King to be comfortable.

Wilhelm who was in the distance and looking at Arturia shouted.

“Who are you?!”

Merlin tapped his wand on the ground and it made a slight ripple.

“My name is Merlin, and I came to help my King. Do not fret, as you are in a good hand.” Said Merlin with a confident smile on his face.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 38 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

47