Chapter 34 – Backed Away
970 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regulus stood up and brushed his clothes from the dust. He was surprised that there was someone who was able to do something to him, even more throwing him away.

Lye was more surprised than Regulus. He didn’t expect someone with that much mastery in Magic to show themselves and threw Regulus away.

“You said you are Merlin? What is your relationship with Arturia-sama?” Asked Crusch as she jumped towards Merlin, her gaze focused on Lye.

Wilhelm also walked toward Merlin and Crusch with Felix. Felix as the healer immediately looked at Arturia’s condition which was not the best one now. He was about to heal Arturia, but he was stopped by Merlin.

“No need to heal her.” Said Merlin.

He moved his right hand and a sword with a blue hilt and golden sword guard appeared on his hand. The sword was sheathed inside a blue and golden sheath, it radiated more mana if it was compared to Arturia’s previous sword, Caliburn, which was already strong.

“What’s that sword?” Asked Crusch as her eyes widened in surprise.

The enemy, Regulus, and Lye also narrowed their eyes when they saw the sword that was taken out by Merlin.

He put the sword and its sheath on top of Arturia, moved her hand to clutch into the sword, and smiled.

“I noticed that Caliburn was destroyed, so I came here to give you this sword, my King. It’s time for you to wield Excalibur.”

As Arturia held the sword in her hand, her wound was healed at a visible rate. The wound moved to close itself, surprising the other who watched it.

“Hey, I hate being ignored like this!” Said Regulus as he scowled.

“Hyayahahahahaha, amazing! I want to eat you, eat you, eat you, and eat you so badly!” Shouted Lye in madness.

Merlin stood straight and whispered to Crusch without looking at her.

“Can I leave that green one to you? It seems the white one is stronger.”

Crusch nodded her head without even doubting his words.

“Leave him to us.”

Merlin also nodded his head and then unsheathed the Excalibur that was held by Arturia. Her wound was healed, so he take the sword back, for now. He held Excalibur

“It’s time to utilize my field of expertise.” As soon as Merlin said that, he kicked the ground and disappeared from where he was before.

The Knights, Wilhelm, and Crusch who saw him were surprised. They didn’t know, no, they never expected that a Magician can move that fast. More importantly.

“Did he just take Pendragon-sama’s sword?!” Exclaimed Wilhelm.

Merlin who disappeared had appeared again in front of Regulus and stabbed his stomach with Excalibur. However, the attack did nothing to Regulus, it only made him scowled even further.

“Is this it?” Asked Regulus as he looked down at Merlin.

Regulus moved his hand, but Merlin was faster. He used Excalibur to deflect Regulus’s hand and pointed his wand at Regulus.

“Swordplay isn’t really my forte.” Said Merlin with a smile.

From the tip of his wand, pink light gathered and it became a beam that was shot toward Regulus’s face directly.

Excalibur disappeared from his hand and appeared back on its sheath. Merlin then pulled the sword that was sheathed in his wand and attacked Regulus once again.

“This sword seems to be enough to fight you, seeing you fell into my trick easily.”

The beam stopped and Merlin was surprised when he saw Regulus still unharmed from his attack.

Regulus’s expression turned ugly as he was angry. He grabbed sands from the ground and threw them towards Merlin.

“This is a bit bad.” Muttered Merlin.

The sand stopped mid-air and attacked Merlin as it did to Arturia earlier. The sands stabbed Merlin’s body mercilessly, and Merlin collapsed on the ground.

“Tch! How dare a weak magician tries to kill me!” Grumbled Regulus as he fixed his clothes that were disheveled from Merlin’s attack.

“Merlin nya!” Felix shouted as he saw Merlin who was collapsed on the ground.

But, a second later, pink flowers filled the area and Merlin’s body turned into a flower. He then reappeared beside Arturia and looked at Regulus with a smile.

“Hmm, I see! He stopped time!” Exclaimed Merlin.

“But it’s strange, when I stabbed him, there is a resistance, but he was not injured.” Added Merlin as he touched his chin with his right hand.

Regulus smiled as he looked at Merlin.

“Hahahaha, this is the first time that someone uncovers my power in our first meeting.”

“I will take the praise, but it seems my King’s knight has arrived.”

With Merlin’s word, the situation of the battlefield immediately changed. Someone who knew about Arturia’s knight had their spirit reignited.

‘If it’s him, then we will win!’ filled their thought. While that was true, the person himself had no confidence to win again Regulus. At least not directly.

But as a Knight, that person, Reinhard van Astrea will do his best to protect his Lady.

From the distance, he jumped off his ground dragon and used all his strength to jump toward his Lady. He landed right beside Merlin, who suddenly appeared in front of him earlier and told him that Arturia Pendragon was in danger.

A cloud of smoke was created by Reinhard’s landing, it filled the area but soon was dispersed by Merlin’s magic.

“It seems that I am late, please forgive me.” Said Reinhard as he dusted off his clothes.

He looked at Arturia who was unconscious beside him and had a bitter expression.

“Well well, this situation has turned bad.” Said Regulus as he spread his arms.

Lye who saw Reinhard also slowly backed off and walked towards Regulus. He stood on Regulus’s right as the Knights who were still able to fight made their way behind Reinhard.

Wilhelm and Crusch stood beside Reinhard and Merlin, ready to fight the two Sin Archbishops in front of them.

Reinhard looked at Regulus and Lye before he said.

“If you would kindly leave, then I will not pursue you.”

At the first glance, Reinhard knew who the people in front of him were. They were bad news, and it would be best if they left quietly without causing more damage to them.

“If you say so, then we will leave. I hate fighting, so that was enough.” Answered Regulus.

“I appreciate it.”

The two Archbishops turned around and walked away, leaving the wrecked expedition’s troops away. After they were out of sight, Crusch sheathed her sword and asked.

“Why did you let them leave, Sir Reinhard?”

Reinhard was about to answer Crusch’s question, but he was interrupted by Merlin.

“Now now, let’s talk about that later, okay? My King needs her rest, and so you too.”

He tapped his wand on the ground and the flowers that surrounded the area disappeared.

Crusch was speechless, but she nodded her head and followed what Merlin said. It was true, everyone need to rest and it was not a time to talk about that.

Reinhard turned to Merlin and bowed his head, “You have my appreciation. Thank you for saving Milady.”

Merlin waved his right hand at Reinhard with a smile.

“Don’t mind it, it was my duty to guide her to become a splendid King.”

Reinhard raised his head and then smiled.

“As expected, you are that Merlin in Milady’s story.”

“Right! I am that Merlin! Now, you need to rest too, sleep well, the first Knight.”

“I will, I am counting on you while I am resting, Great Magician Merlin.”

Merlin laughed at Reinhard and said, “It was nothing, also, I am Magus of Flower, not Great Magician.”


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 39 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

44