Chapter 36 – Venting
931 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The remaining troops had arrived at the capital with a smile on their face. They were welcomed by the civilians who watched from the side of the road.

In front of the troops were Arturia and Crusch. Behind them were Reinhard and Felix as the Knight of the candidates followed by Wilhelm and Merlin.

Merlin was walking beside Wilhelm, with a reason that he can’t control the ground dragon and somehow the ground dragon refused Merlin riding them.

Arturia laughed at Merlin when he was kicked by the ground dragon and the way back after getting attacked by two Sin Archbishops was peaceful.

As the troops were happy with the subjugation result and their safety for reaching the Capital, a knight was running from the distance and stopped in front of the troops, blocking their way.

The Knight had sweated over his face, it served as proof that he was hurried to this place. He put his right hand over his chest and his left hand on his back and bowed.

He then looked at Arturia and Crusch with his right hand still on his chest.

“Welcome back, Pendragon-sama, Karsten-sama. I am called Gerard, ordered by the Sage Council to ask for Sir Reinhard and Sir Felix to report to the Sage Council immediately. Sage Council knows that it is rude behavior and both knights needed rest, but this is an urgent matter. Please forgive them!”

Arturia looked at Crusch for a second. She saw Crusch nodded her head and then turn to the Knight in front of her.

“Alright.”

After answering the Knight, Arturia turned to Reinhard and told him what happened. Crusch also did the same to Felix.

Both of them then nodded their head and followed the Knight who ran towards the troops earlier to the castle.

After they were gone, the troops began to march back to the Karsten mansion while Arturia split herself and went back to the Astrea mansion with Merlin.

Because they were surrounded by the troops as soon as they met, Arturia had no chance to ask Merlin, but now they were alone. So Arturia looked at Merlin and asked.

“You know that I am not really Arturia, right Merlin?”

Merlin was surprised by Arturia’s question. Maybe he didn’t expect that she will ask him directly, but his surprise quickly turned into a smile.

“No, you are Arturia. Even though you had memories of another life or even the other, your core is Arturia Pendragon. I have no doubt about that.”

Arturia was silent and looked at the road ahead of her after hearing Merlin’s answer.

She knew that she had a splitting appearance as Saber in her youth, but she just thought that as a coincidence. That was one of the reasons why she loved the figure of Arturia Pendragon in her original world.

“So the reason why I gained more memories was the memories just came back to me as I got used to this world instead of getting new memories of ‘Arturia Pendragon’?”

Merlin nodded his head once and confirmed Arturia’s question, “That’s correct.”

“But, why did it come back to me after I had arrived in this world? Why didn’t it come back earlier when I was in my original world?!”

Arturia asked all the questions that she bottled up since she arrived in this world. She had no one to lean for except for Reinhard. But even so, she can’t tell Reinhard about all of her secrets.

Now, Merlin who knew her secret from the start had arrived. So she kind of vented all her frustration and worry that she accumulated since she arrived in this world to Merlin.

“I had no time to rest, always thinking that those memories that I gained right after I arrived in this world were foreign and always worried that myself would change without me realizing it. Do you know how hard was that?”

The road that they were in was devoid of people. It was a road that led to the Astrea Mansion, and no one dare to step into the land of noble without any permission.

That was why Merlin just looked at Arturia with a kind smile on his face as if he was an older brother who listened to his sister rambling.

“And finally you arrived! Why? Why did you arrive so late, Merlin.”

Arturia was not Arturia Pendragon, the King of Knights yet. She was a weak girl right now, the weak girl with strength that was trying her best to become a King.

“I promised that I will become a King that will not regret anything. But why! I… I seriously wanted to kill that white man just because I thought he will kill me. I was glad when he didn’t die, but Caliburn still break because it can’t handle my Mana which wasn’t restricted by Gaia and Alaya. But, why did you arrive after Caliburn break, Merlin?”

Arturia looked down at her ground dragon and hid her expression from Merlin.

“The reason why I’m late. Surely you know it, as you now have the memories of that time.”

Both of them were silent for the rest of their way back to the mansion. Using that short time, Arturia managed to recover from all that she said earlier and took a deep breath before jumping down the ground dragon.

They had arrived at the mansion, and Arturia just entered it like usual as she have been here for more than a week.

She also had the key to the mansion from Reinhard, as it will be inconvenient if she wasn’t able to enter the mansion when Reinhard wasn’t with her.

They entered the house and Arturia brought Merlin to the library. She sat on the chair that she often used when she was learning about this world from Reinhard and asked Merlin to sit on the chair that Reinhard often used.

He sat while leaning his wand again the bookshelf and looked at Arturia.

“Well then, you can ask what you want, my King.”

Arturia closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening her eyes and looking at Merlin with a serious gaze.

“Where are we exactly?”


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 41 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

42