Chapter 1: What Happened?
945 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I got back to my shelter as sweat began to drip on my face as my hands began to shake as many thoughts had arisen from my mind.

What the hell happened a year ago?

Is my sister fine?

Why wasn't I informed of this?!

How did it even get to this situation?!

Many thoughts had began to swirl in my mind as I took a deep breath and calmed myself as I didn't hesitate with looking for answers.

"Andy, probe the area using the scouts and gather any info you can get. Newspapers, books, anything that can help us learn what happened during a year ago when this happened.

Also, print materials to make a rocket and send it to space, find a satellite to get its data from or even a wreckage of it just to be sure. If there aren't any satellites in tact, build a new one which we can use to gather info or scan the area which we can gather faster relays or even establish contact with my now missing sister."

I began to give out orders to my AI which holds control of the entire shelter as I turned to one of the screens which had a picture of my sister and a green light which indicate that she was still alive.

I sent my sister an injection of nanomachines, to which improve her health and be able to diagnose her if something went wrong. I didn't add anything that would make her hate me and only touch upon improving her body and so on.

Seeing the light still active on my screen, I felt a sigh of relief as the nanomachines are still active and knew that if my sister were to be dead, they would shut down as well.

But I didn't expect something like this to happen as most of the data apart from her being alive had stopped for a year now as I knew that the internet had stopped working at the same time  Being invested in a huge project which should be about making a barrier of some sorts, a protection in case of an attack that I couldn't detect.

I had planned on coming out and handing these research I made in past couple of years as I also plan on taking my revenge on my relatives from harming me but I guess all of it goes to waste now as I still remember the desolate landscape of the world, the dead trees which had already dried up from the lack of water source and so on.

I didn't spot any wildlife as most I've seen were just bones and dead carcasses. Just remembering them and knowing what had happened gave me a slow realization that the world is doomed.

"Fortunately, my sister is alive....

........

Fuck! My sister is still alive!"

Still slumped at my seat, knowing that I thought myself being the only human being left. Yet I stood up from my seat, thinking that despair was slowly going to eat me away but I blinked in realization that it isn't hopeless after all.

'Idiot! If your sister is still alive, that means that humanity is still alive!'

I always thought about being the last survivor of an apocalyptic world and how daunting it would be, being the only human alive. Yet, I knock myself back to reality as I forget that humans are still so crazy that even something like this wouldn't kill them.

"I can still have my dream of driving a car with a babe on my side and slowly admiring the view of the world....

Idiot! Stop being horny and think of a bigger picture!"

I still thought about my youthful desires after being locked in this place after 5 years had passed as my intelligence might have gotten larger but my wisdom took a deep dive back to my pubescent stage as I began to write up a plan, took some time to wipe away my nervousness and steel up my courage to face reality.

"Andy, how comes the information gathering."

[Sir, a few drones had just arrive back to base out of the many ones we've sent. Some encounter a setback due to meeting an unknown biological creature which seems to be a humanoid of some sort.]

"Andy, put it on screen and see....okay, I think this is just zombies. We finally reach a point where we are in some kind of a movie or something."

It was easy for me who pass time by playing games to know what this thing is as every gamer would know just by looking at it, based on its description.

Dead skin, rotting and moving in a dead-like state which it walks like how an employees working on the night shift moves like.

I would find it more believable if something like this would cause humanity to die out but I didn't see this to be the one to wipe out humanity as I believe even with zombies, humans can combat something like this.

"Andy, when you have time, get some samples and find out more about this when your out in the field."

[Sir, are you sure you want to proceed going outside? It seems to be a risky choice to do.]

I began to head into an area where I thought I wouldn't need these things since I expected to live a normal life but I shook that notion off as I got inside to see an array of guns, armor and so on.

Most of this were I bought legally after getting my license to use them, I wanted to know how to protect myself and so I learned how to use a gun and so on.

Most of the guns I owned are just small arms which were fine since I didn't really need them and only thought of it as protection. Yet, I began to findle around with them to the point where I even gone to the internet on how to make gun components, making larger arms such as rifles and so on, even to the point where my creative and scientific mind got into me that I ended up making something shocking at first before laughing it off since I probably won't going to use them in the future.

Never in my wildest imagination would I think that my fun experiment of just playing around would help me in this kind of predictament.

Because I still hold a childish creativity, I've been researching on power armors and even those high tech guns that I basically been working on them till it acts functional yet looks far different from its original design.

"Combative Armament Suit - 001. Wow, I'll probably be lawsuited by those guys if I didn't redesign some of its parts to my original design. The protective barrier still acts like in the game but it doesn't hold much as protection as its original source material. Haha....."

I would probably like to repaint this with a green skin but that would have been putting myself to court if I did, so I decided to stick with a white scheme and green stripes just for my taste as its figure was more into what the military wear yet has more protection than it their uniform had.

The material I use to make the armor were lightweight to make it more agile and provide flexibility to the suit as it isn't suitable to take on piercing rounds on a rifle rounds. Fortunately, the barrier I've been working on lately can be use as its protection as the rechargable batteries I've installed could supplement for the power of the armor.

Also,

"Charge Rifle, plasma pistols and a thermo knife... I think this should be a decent kit for my weapon loadout..."

The Guns can be recharge using the suit's energy to fuel the weapons and the knife is sharp enough to cut some strong fibers. If it isn't, I can still use the thermo mode on it to even cut metal and other things the sharp blade couldn't do.

I might be getting a bit hasty, rushing to the outside world in this dangerous time but I still can't help but be worried about my sister who stuck outside and unable to communicate with me in these past year since then.

She might be alive right now but whose to say that she might be in danger of all I care, plus, I am worried about her condition for a year since this all happened.

"Haah....I'm still not so sure about this but let me think of this for a few minutes before making my decision."

*******

[Opening Hatch, Now.]

[Combat Suit Online]

[Weapon Systems, Check.]

[Shield Energy, Connected]

[Shield Barrier, Online]

"Geez, I hope that your fine out there sis..."

Opening the entrance door, I stepped out for the second time in the past 5 years that had gone by, overlooking at the dry area and the dead plantation with a pain in my heart.

"I know I'm not cut out for something like this but I need to hurry up and look for any info as to what happened in just a year since everything went down."

Giving myself a pep talk, I calm myself and grip the Charge Rifle in my hand, being ready and active to the horrors I might face in this desolate land...

24