Chapter 4: Running Away
684 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently, both of us in a deadlock state as we are standing, pointing our weapons at each other.

".....Some sort of weird armor?"

The girl was surprised that I turn off my invisibility cloak since she already knows where I am, deciding to divert the power back to its defenses as I gripped my rifle tightly while I aimed it on her face.

"....."

I kept myself silent in this situation as I don't really plan on staying next to this girl as even though my weapon is right in front of her face, I am still at a disadvantage where I might lose in this circumstances.

There are countless thoughts running through my mind as I knew that if someone were capable of defeating that kind of monstrosity without any sort of logic put behind it, it should be possible for this person to instantly end me right here and there.

I could try to peacefully talk this out with her since she is capable of speech and such but only a fool would try to talk to her, the one whose in an advantageous position right now.

"Hey, Who are you?"

"......Kyle Akatsu."

I stated my name as she was surprised that my first name sounds foreign to her yet I didn't mind it since I already knew that I'm mixed in this country.

Me and my sister are mixed blood whom are parents aren't from the same country as my mom was actually American while my dad's a native.

To be honest, I always felt different being born as a mixed kid in this country yet I always felt it was normal to stick out a sore thumb being mixed blooded. Through my sister said that I should have gone abroad with her to continue my studies, I decided to stay here instead since this was where we were born and not only that, I was working on a secret project at that time before my parent's death and my relatives trying to kill me happened.

I didn't want to stay long with this girl and longer as I slowly began backing off due to the imposing danger she was putting on. Trying to gain distance from her was my only option as I wasn't given that opportune moment when she notice my actions.

"Don't. I can tell by your equipment but you don't seem like an ordinary survivor."

*Stops*

'Shit! This is why I didn't want any contact with survivors until I know their situation.'

Having discovered the irregularity on myself, I knew that my lack of information might give me a disadvantage in this situation as I knew that this was a grave mistake that might put me in danger.

Judging on her clothing, it was mostly made of rags and other types of cloth stitched together to make a basic cloth  to cover her body as there were rarely any sort of protection other than some points where it mostly protected her vital points.

On the other hand, not only my suit looks new, its technically design to be flexible and mobile to run around, especially eye-catching to see once you saw my color scheme.

".....haah. Look, I don't want any trouble."

Since running isn't an option anymore, I decided to switch to playing the social talk, trying to peacefully separate from her.

On the surface, she may look dirty and ragged but you can help that she should be a looker if she washes herself and dress nicely. However, I don't really want to get close to this person as she gives me a warning sign that I might lose my head if I made any mistakes whatsoever.

Most movies or shows give out that communication is possible and so on during an apocalypse, games give dialogue options to help players try to survive or antagonize an NPC but I'm in a real world right now, especially in front of a goddamn blade wielding woman who can literally cut that monster in half with no effort whatsoever. Especially ones who can dictate your life at any given moment.

Plus, I'm not really good at talking to women.

Now, don't get me wrong that I fear them and so on. It mainly due to the fact that native women really don't feel like talking to foreigners and such, especially that I look more western than native. The women here are mostly shy around me since they felt like It was hard for them to speak with me, thinking I don't know my Japanese well but I am fluent in many forms of languages since I usually talk with scientists, each from different countries so I had to at least have some basic understanding on how their language works.

Its also the fact that I am also half that I am fluent in my Japanese as well that it wasn't hard for me to get along with the guys but for girls, they don't really like to get close and mostly just stares at me from afar.

But away from that subject, while I still have that dream of wanting to drive with a babe, I am not willing to risk my life trying to achieve that if I plan on dancing with death as this girl in front of me looks like too much of a risk to interact even though he looks normal at first.

(A strong woman is good but a crazy woman might end you up on a boat.)

(What's that supposed to mean dad?)

(Don't watch School Days son.)

I still remember my dad's teaching as I didn't listen to him and ended up watching the show which I finally realize what he meant. She might be a strong woman but I don't know about the crazy part and in all honesty, I don't plan it as I prefer women to at least not as strong as me such that I don't want to end up like that guy in that show.

"I just want you to give me just half of your food and I'll let you go."

Finally, the girl just glares at me and gave me a life saving throw as I suddenly relax and lowered my gun.

"Okay. I'm fine with that."

I know it might seem stupid to easily agree to her about giving away my rations but I was more on surviving than saving my food as I took out my bag which was behind me and pull out some MRE packs and dropped it in front of her.

Last night, I told Andy to give me a backpack since I might have to set up a base around here to gather survivors and whatnot, setting up a secure location as a safehouse where I can gather info without having lead people back to my home as I don't plan on returning until I can find my sister and bring her back there.

Surprised at what I have, she tried to ask me more questions but she didn't have time to notice as I had already sprinted away as quickly as I can.

I don't know if she was faster than me or whatnot but I still had the advantage of moving first as I quickly turn back my cloak to disappear from her view.

"Damn. I was really close to losing my head there."

[Sir, it seems that you moment of action had temporarily cause her to lose her sight of you and decided to take the rations you left and didn't chase after you.]

"Oh thank god..."

I finally stopped once I was far enough from her as I breathe a sigh of relief, having to escape from such a dangerous situation that might cost me my life.

"For now, lets head to a safer location to gather all the information we've got from the shelter and the battle report on the girl from earlier. I want to know everything that we encounter today and formulate a plan on how to deal with this new encounters we made."

[Understood Sir. Shall I also refill your supplies that were given as well?]

"Also add in the lightweight pile bunkers and try to orbit some suits into space which I might need in the future. It seems that if my guesses are right, those two might not be the monster I would encounter on the search for my sister."

I might not be good at combat and other areas in survival but one thing is for sure, I am prepared for scenario for any encounters and cautious enough to not get myself killed.

My shelter is supplied with things I need as I made so many things during my 5 years in Isolation, to the point where I can regrow civilization back if I need to. However, I still need to plan this out as I know that it was too risky to bring back civilization as there are many scenarios that I would encounter(religion, bandits or even certain crazy people such as cannibals or heavy dictatorship which would highly happen in a dying era).

"Andy, what are we encountering?"

In a nearby abandoned house out of nowhere, I decided to rest down and began to inspect my equipment while listening to the info that Andy has sent to me.

20