Chapter 7: Resignation
603 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...Wow...."

Moving at a rapid pace, both me and Saika continue progressing to the west, heading to the direction where I'll end up in the western shores and try to make my way towards the nearest docks to sail to the other side of the world.

In terms of Combat Experience, Saika is easily the best one out of the both of us as she rushes through the horde of zombies that we encountered, hacking each one with swift and precise movement and removing each body part as she pases through them.

Avoiding each Zombie trying to grab unto her,she quickly beheaded each opponent she face with her makeshift blade which easily cut down her opponents as her movements are beyond human limits should do.

'Luckily, I didn't try to backstab her at a given opportunity.'

While I hesitated on causing a death of another person, I'm not really comfortable being close to her, dancing with death if I slipped my guard down. She's dangerous and deadly, capable of ending me, only on a thin string away from death as any mistakes would cost me my life.

'Haah....I should help.'

Deciding that helping her right now might lower her aggression on me, I aimed at my rifle at the nearby zombies charging at me as I fired my shots towards them.

Silent, deadly and can pack a punch just as a bullet can, the shots are perfectly aimed at the zombies heads and penetrated their skulls as I began to move in around Saika, providing cover for her to let her momentum going.

Slicing a zombie in half, she was prepared to strike another zombie as there was one behind her which I downed while staying my distance as I can provide cover for her when needed.

By the time the battle ended, she began to pant from moving around so much as I just stare at her without getting close as I duck down to some zombies and check their stuff.

"IDs....wallets...not much I can find about....oh, this is helpful....not. This isn't even a year before the apocalypse started."

I sighed in dejection as most of these are just basically junk at this point as some are just codes that used to communicate with people, maybe I can establish contact with others by repairing a radio or something.

I waiting for Saika to rest up as we continue to press on to our destination as she finally decide to ask the main question she was wondering about.

"Akatsu-san, what are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for my sister."

I answer nonchalantly as I inspect my weapons for any errors before holstering it. It was just a simple quest of mine as I open my wrist which shows a picture of my sister and a green light still shining on my HUD. Closing it, I continue to press forward as she seem to be confused as I was just moving in one direction and never hesitate to stop or recheck where I'm going.

"My sister is in America as she is still alive. I don't know her condition is right now but I must get her back here and take her back to the shelter I'm staying at."

Saika's eyes perk up at the mention of shelter as she now knew that I was actually a survivor who was well equipped and even at a point where I can sustain myself and others who would join. As she was about to ask, I shot her down as I turn towards her and stopped.

"No. I don't plan on bringing people back to my home apart from my sister. I do not trust you even if your nice and all."

As I said that, she was shocked and glares at me as she pulls up her blade yet she made a mistake of letting me see her moves last time as I already made my move first and aimed my pistol at her forehead. There, she wasn't fast enough to unsheathe her blade as sweat begins to drip on her face.

"I only let you follow me since I had the disadvantage at the time and was too careless to let my guard against you. Now, I have the upper hand and moved faster than you, I can just shoot you before you can attack me."

I might not be as cold-blooded as those Main Characters in chinese novels but I can still make a quick decision within life or death situation as this isn't the only time where I'm dancing with death on my side.

The girl felt aggrieved that I was being nice to her and all that but I quickly pulled out a gun as she resigns to her fate.

I was hesitating to put an end to her life since she is cute and all, not only that she accompanied for the sake of her survival and she only wanted to live. But I'm more of a rational guy and prefer to live in safety that I can trust a person with my life.

She is still just a stranger to me and just a random survivor who followed me for food. I'm also not happy that she's a dangerous person to be with, capable of ending my life.

"*Hic* Don't abandon me...."

There, tears began to roll on her face with doesn't match the cold and deadly beauty in front of me as her look became something familiar to me....

".........."

(Dad....Mom.....help me....)

(Sis.....please come back....)

(I don't want to be alone....)

"I don't want to be alone anymore...."

She slowly resembles a bit of my past self as she look like me who, at the time where my parents are gone and my relatives almost ended me....

I was crouching near a sewer to avoid being spotted as it was cold and dark, the eerie surrounding I was placed in, slowly coming back to me.

".......Fuck!"

I slammed my pistol on the ground as the girl shuddered and stared at me widely as I turned to face her and pass on a certain device which she immediately recognize.

"In 7 days, this thing here will ping you to my shelter and lead you there. My AI companion would immediately recognize that device and guide you inside where you can be safe and have all the food you need."

All of what I said were true as that device she held was my personal smartphone which is my second source of communication with Andy as I have no way of communicating with him again if my helmet were to break. I would need to craft up a new one by scavenging or even build myself a working radio for an alternative solution.

Just by that, the thing she is holding right now is something important to me as I basically giving away my only source of back-up communication if she takes it.

As she just stares at the device blankly, I pick up my pistol and started to walk as she tried to stop me.

"W-wait! I'll come with you."

"No.

Back to her again, I press a button in my helmet as the shaders in my mask disappeared where there's only a glass covering my face as her eyes widen and realize why I wanted her head to my shelter instead of following me.

I might seem to look like a human outside but I'm actually an android thats just moving around as I didn't plan on hiding from her anymore after handing my phone to her.

"If you want to know how I look like, just head there and find it out for yourself. I need to quickly head to my sister before something might happen to her."

I then took out some of my supplies and handed it to her which should probably last her for about 8-9 days in total as I still have enough left for a trip back to here for my sister or those she plan on bringing with her.

5 years had pass since I have my last meet with her and it wasn't possible for her to already be married or even have kids at this time already. The last time I heard from her was that she was already pregnant which I send a gift for her and her child. I never met her husband at the time since I was still running away from the assassins attacking me and didn't want to get them in danger which I avoided meeting with them till now.

Saika seems reluctant on leaving but she knew that she would probably slow me down, knowing that can literally continue moving without any stops as she just waved goodbye to me and left in the opposite direction.

"Kyle. You shouldn't be that soft-hearted during an apocalypse. You might end up getting yourself killed if you keep this up."

Just seeing the girl, carrying my spare communication device, I just sighed as I decided to continue moving forward without stop.

17