Chapter 8: New Variations
611 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Separating from Saika, I quickly began to move without any hindrances as I need to cover more land that I wasted because of her.

At first, I would feel a bit regretful of my actions, bringing some random girl back which might cause grave consequences later on yet I felt like it was a necessary act and a moral code that I want to keep. Still trying to act to my conscience and whatnot.

I don't know much about Saika other than she's really strong and cute with her reactions but I don't feel like trying to hit her on and such, preferably keeping my distance as I like to tackle on with my insecurities.

The damage caused by my relatives had scared me of how I treat my relationship with people as being stuck in the cave had caused some mental issues to develop into a sense of distrust of other people unless it's those I trust.

On the first meeting I had with Saika, our relationship and interactions had already reached the point where we have already been friendly with each other, even Saika was more friendly with me in our meeting at that time.

Yet, I approach it with caution which led me to the point where she had been almost betrayed, ended up receiving a worse experience than mine. Even though my actions were rational and right, I felt like if I tell this to my sister, I might end up getting a stern scolding from her, seeing that I was treating a nice girl very rudely.

While thinking about this, I ended up running into a group of zombies with a new one which I didn't discover, a bit different than a normal one.

Its body was a bit taller than a usual zombie, giving out that different feeling with its body structure being skinny, to the point where it's like a different being altogether. Just having a humanoid shape is only the comparison it gives to the rest as its arms, far longer than the usual. Equipped with very thin-like fingers which could be compared to sharp thin-like fingers, mostly used for penetration than clawing for the most part.

Its legs are weirdly shaped as there were like two-piston which are covering its leg part, particularly hard to walk if it moves.

'I don't think it probably wants to walk....'

As I said that, I heard a scream as I turn my head to see another survivor being surrounded by a group of zombies, stuck inside a vehicle which they began to claw their way inside.

Considering my possibilities, I didn't hesitate to help them out, seeing as every survivor has its uses, even having information is enough for me to help them out.

Yet as I began to move.

*Loud Screeching*

A loud sound causes the system to malfunction temporarily, trying to recalculate everything due to the impact as I turn towards the source and my eyes widen.

The special Zombie began to crouch down, an athlete's starting position as its two piston-like legs began to stretch out in like it was loading itself, the Special Zombie setting its sight towards that vehicle as A terrifying thought surfaced in my head.

'F-fuc-'

But it was too late for me to react as a loud boom could be heard, the special zombie instantly reach its destination at a lightning speed which it raises both its arms into a bullet formation.

My eyes widened as another illogical event had happened yet again as the glass which it had been blocking its way, easily broke within a small fragment of a second as it continue its momentum, even passing through the blockade of things inside the vehicle as it passed through the other side without stop. Reaching till the ground as it made a crater-like how a strong force was capable of making such destruction. It finally stop after being halted by the ground itself blocking its momentum.

I wanted to continue starting at it as another logic of mine had been destroyed yet again, this time it isn't about an anime logic coming to life but a major cause of a scientific breakthrough if I manage to research and learn its properties, helping me boost up my research.

'Idiot! The situation first!'

Coming back to my senses, I turn back to the wrecked vehicle it passed through as I could still hear the screaming inside and felt a bit more relaxed that the survivor is still alive and not probably dead, maybe the attack had missed her which made me turn my attention back to the special zombie and aimed my sights at it.

*Pssh*

A silent shot came out of my rifle as it hit squarely right in its dome, my eyes widen as not only did it not penetrate but only manage to just knock its head off a bit which made it finally notice my presence.

*Loud Wail*

"Dammit!"

I switch up the gear on my rifle to higher power output as it was stupid to hold back now that it notice me. I also began to guard up to any attacks as I began to use the combat experience I gathered during the fight on Saika.

The Special Zombie launched again as this time it was slower than usual as it couldn't charge its momentum again in such quick succession.

Seeing that I can dodge this attack. I easily move away from its pounce and blasted both its legs off which surprised me that I easily took it out without much issue.

After changing the output of my gun, its damage was enough to take its legs out the moment I move away as It tried to move its arms at me yet I just easily shot both of them apart and decided to snap its neck to not damage the head and other parts that might be useful for my research.

For a survivor, being reckless is a sign of death but to a researcher, every material collected is a treasure waiting to be opened for picking.

I began to take out the remaining zombies after the dangerous one is dealt with as I turn to the vehicle as a woman came out.

"T-thank you for saving me...."

She was ragged and frail as she walk towards me and was shocked at first by my look but smiled since I save her life.

"P-please help me and take me back to your place. I know that you are loaded with food and the security is safe. Your from the government aren't you?!"

She became hysterical the moment that my suit is more modern in a post-apocalyptic world as she began to beg me for safety and such. Trying to secure her life as I stopped her while acting like how military personnel would handle this situation.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. I would like you to provide information that took place here as I want to know how did you end up here."

We both began to talk, sharing information as she quickly explained what I need to know as she smiled thinking that she'll finally be safe after what happened.

"Ah, thank you for your kind cooperation. Also, I would like to say that...."

As I said so, I aimed my pistol at her head as her smile turned into shock as I change the tone of my voice box to match my original voice.

"Nice to meet you, Auntie."

There, her face completely turn pale as she knew that there was only one person who would say that to her, especially someone whom she so dearly 'loved' to see in this apocalypse.

"I-its yo-"

"Hi."

*Bang*

Right as I said that I pulled the trigger which fired a shot as I did turn to check what I've done as I already have what I needed to know from the conversation. Ignoring her corpse, I began to head to the pile of corpses, approaching the Special Zombie I encountered as I begin to dissect, examining its special characteristics as this is more on discovering its in and outs while uploading the data back once I reconnect with Andy again.

"Shit! If Robert were here with me, this would already be easier to know how this thing here works."

Most of this is just tissue and muscles that are tightly joined together to compensate for the power of its jumping capabilities and such. Sending the biology of this thing into the storage data to my suit, I continue to observe the parts I know off as my eyes lit up to the fuel source and the piston-like legs.

"Ooh! Jackpot baby. Even with my zero knowledge of biology and stuff, I knew this would be worthwhile to get."

It might not be all be bad as I discovered that this weird liquid it oozes out was not only flammable but also been contained by a special fiber of muscles that resist the explosion inside the leg while only letting it come from the bottom, using the piston thing to ignite the liquid inside.

I could continue to dissect this even more and examine the insides but most of it just speaks biology to me that unless I have Andy with me, I kill myself if touch something that would explode.

"Damn, curse this inability to relay this information and the lack of a proper communication device."

I could reuse the radio beacon I left or craft another one of those but I need Andy to finish building the rocket and materials don't come cheap to make.

"Might be best that I should go back to my body since even though I can go on for longer periods, my mental state might suffer if I continue moving without stop.

I already covered most already and I'll probably let the AI handle most of the journey from now on as I decided to find the nearest safe spot to hide in and switch to the AI installed inside the android frame.

19