Chapter 20 The Maximoff Twins Part 2
1.1k 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
By the way, was the Recap CHAPTER good enough or should I write it longer?
  • Yes/Good Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No/Write Longer Votes: 1 3.7%
  • DIDN'T READ LMAO Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Idk Votes: 4 14.8%
Total voters: 27 · This poll was closed on Jul 16, 2022 11:30 AM.
By the way, was the Recap CHAPTER good enough or should I write it longer? It was my first time writing a recap. Really, the recap was the whole character Glossary. Also feedback is always welcome whether it be the chapter or the glossary.

 

Before I'm able to compliment Pietra's new haircut, a slender arm suddenly appears from behind and wraps around my collarbone and another hand covers my eyes.

"Can you guess who I am then?" A cute feminine voice appears, softly whispering to my ear, close enough that I can feel her breath.

This time, however, I didn't need a second to guess who she was as I have already figured it out the moment her arm wraps around my body. Since Pietra is beside me, that means she is here as well.

"Wanda." I said with full confidence without trying to look to my left side as the appearance of an adorable girl with long auburn hair appeared on my mind.

"Correct!" She squealed with great delight as she release her hand covering my eyes, as she wraps both of her arms around my body.

As I glance to my left side, I saw the same adorable girl with long gorgeous auburn hair, but with a different hairstyle, slightly shorter but still long enough for it to reach her back. But for some reason, she was more beautiful when compared to the last time I saw her, the same thing I thought when I first saw Pietra.

"Is it the new hairstyle?" I thought. 

If Pietra is a pretty girl, popular among the boys, even more so with the girls, for her tomboy yet feminine looks, then Wanda is a girl who is not only popular among her schoolmate but also with teachers for her adorable doll-like appearance, the cute type of doll, not the creepy doll type that is.

I remember the first time we met.

Their appearance was not that much different when compared to a normal-looking Sokovia girl that you would find going to school, wearing plain clothes and having a common hairstyle, a hairstyle that didn't do them justice.
Back then, they can be considered pretty girls at best but now, they are nowhere near as dazzling as they are now.

If my parents didn't introduce their name to me at that time, I would have thought both of my new sisters are normal Sokovia girls who recently lost their parents and my parents who saw them took pity on them and adopted them as their own.

Never would have I thought my adoptive sister was the Maximoff twins even with their distinctive different natural hair colours, especially Pietra's hair colour, platinum blonde, an extremely rare hair colour, as it is something that cannot be inherited from their parents like a redhead, at least, not completely, only if their parents have blonde hair will they have the chance as it was estimated only one in a thousand among blonde people if not more.

In the past, before I met the not-yet-famous Maximoff twins, I was expecting them to be fraternal twins of a different gender.
I was expecting Wanda and Pietro, not Wanda and Pietra.
Even more so, I did not expect both of my big sisters to be so adorable after a few makeovers.
Even when Pietra avoids wearing cute "girly" clothes and prefers a shorter hairstyle, saying that it doesn't suit her which is a complete lie, not that she was lying in the first place as it came from her lack of self-esteem, which is why she prefers wearing boy clothes, it still doesn't hide the fact how adorable she is

Although, nowadays, I don't think she tries to avoid her feminine side anymore, not after I compliment her a hundred times a day (to a reasonable degree) about how cute and beautiful she looks when she wears dresses, skirts and all that, not that I don't compliment her when she wears "boy" clothes as it still enhanced her appearance.

Of course, their glow-up wouldn't be so amazing if it weren't for my mother's effort to always be there for them when they need her the most.

In fact, she was the main reason why their appearance and style improved at such a rapid pace that they easily become among the most popular girls in their school just by their appearance alone.

Even now, I still have a hard time acknowledging they were the same girl because of their massive glow-up. It wasn't just their fashion and appearance that changed but also their confidence and maturity.

Years ago, when we first met, they were just meek little girls who were afraid of even stepping outside the mansion, and sometimes even their own room to go to the bathroom, thus requiring our parents or Uncle Oeznik to accompany them if not myself but never without each other company.

From an outsider's perspective who doesn't know much, it was a normal reaction, children are scared of going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and such but in reality, there was more to that than them just being shy in the new environment of a rich noble household.

No one who knows their story can ever blame their action, not after what they have experienced.

When they were forced to stay completely still and stare at an unexploded missile for a whole day, believing that the missile could and would kill them at any moment if they or the rescuer above them were to make a sudden move, they believe it is a matter of time and not if.

Just staying still and looking at a weapon that would be the cause of their death for 24 hours, could easily make even a strong man go mad, resulting in having PTSD and many sleepless nights.

If I didn't ask my family to send more assistance, even if it means spending my own personal wealth... the twins would end up in a much worse state.
Even now, the scar in their mind still exists, I can't imagine how traumatized they would be if they were stuck there for two days instead. Sometimes, I can't even blame their 616 counterparts for joining HYDRA, if kill intention can actually kill a man, their rage and anger for Tony Stark is probably enough to kill a hundred men.

In the early years when they become our family, they were more like my quiet and shy big sister who look up to me. And who can't blame them, in their eyes, I was seen as a super-genius, a self-made multi-millionaire with the appearance of an angel.

But after months have passed, they have become reliable older siblings who want me, their younger sibling to look up to them and rely on them.

And now, both of them have grown into becoming fine young girls who would no doubt make a name for themself in the world when they grow up, especially in the Superheroes scene.

How do I know this?
From their heart.
The quality of a hero doesn't come from their strength or intellect but their heart instead.

I know them enough to know they have the potential to be heroes through and through.

Of course, regardless of whether they become superheroes or not, specifically if their powers even appear in the first place, I will still be proud of calling them, my big sisters.

Just as I was done with my monologue, my sister, Wanda gently poke my left cheek to grab my attention, as if she know I was middle of my monologue.

She only smile and said. "Since my sister gave you a reward, it is only fair if I give you one as well."

She kiss me just like Pietra did, kissing me on my left cheek, leaving a slightly wet spot, but her kiss is noticeable much stronger and longer as if she was trying to imprint her lips on my left cheek as both of her arms wraps around my body even tighter.

I also notice that even she have some hesitation when she was one inch away from kissing me on my cheek. Even her eyes stop to look at my lips.

"Is my breath that bad?" I thought to myself. "I brushed my teeth twice, and floss every single day. I even brush my tongue once in a while. My mouth shouldn't smell bad, not even a bit." Their hesitation never happened before.

Or at least not that I remember.

I ignored such thoughts and just hope it wasn't my breath as I greet both of them with a smile instead. "Good afternoon big sister Pietra. Good afternoon big sister Wanda."

Or at least I think it is afternoon since the outside from the window has yet to go dark.

Without hesitation, both of them greet me back at the same time. "Good afternoon little brother."

"You guys are back from school already?" I asked as I close my eyes to rest another minute.

Unlike myself, both of my sisters are two healthy girls, there is no reason for them to stay at home all day.

I will not deny the fact I envy them for being able to do so but even then, I'm truly happy for them to be able to live a normal life and I will always constantly pray for them to have a long happy, healthy life.

Although technically, they're both are still "homeschooled" just like myself, and when I mean "homeschooled", I mean hiring the best teacher that money and connection can buy to tutor them in our home.

They still go to their old school to participate in some school activities such as sports, clubs, special events and maybe even a few classes for the sake of socializing with the other kids of their age.

It sounds strange to most people, even my own self from a previous life would find it odd, but when my family has the option, financially and opportunity to personally handle their children's education better than the best school that the whole country or even the whole world has to offer let alone an above-average public school, why would any parents choose otherwise.

As for their social experience, when the Zemo Family is one of the biggest and longest donators of the school, nothing is impossible as all we have to do is ask.

Besides, it wasn't a necessarily bad request that could harm the growth of the student and their future, thus it was an easy request for the school to accept.

I open my eyes after resting them for a minute or so as I asked them about their day. "How was school?"

"The usual... having fun with the girls, the class was not so much, and annoying boys trying to attract our attention and all that, but we prefer to spend those times with you, you know..."

29