Chapter 22
806 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
sorry for the lack of update. Typical procrastination and lack of satisfication with the chapter. Always something that can be improved but never notice till the next day and etc.

"You're joking, right." Ask Pietra, which doesn't sound like a question at all.  

"Hmm, what do you mean?" I ask her.  

I look in Wanda's direction as she answers my questions with another question "You just playing around, right? You're only nine years old. You are way too young to have a girlfriend?"   

Pietro continue as both of their grip on my arms started to tighten, enough to probably leave a mark. "Good boy shouldn't be in a relationship at a such young age."

Shit. 

Shit.

Oh shit.   

Oh shit.   

Oh shit.   

Oh shit.   

Oh shit.   

Oh, fucking shit.   

Just when I thought everything is fine and dally, everything turn into the worst-case scenario I could possibly imagine.   

When I realize their eyes becoming just like Silver's eyes whenever she is in her possessive mode, my heart started to rapidly beat.

Lifeless, devoid of life and light and everything good within them, completely disappeared.  

Shit.   

Shit.  

Shit.  

Holy fucking shit.   

Pardon my language but fuck me. 

I have always believed Wanda and Pietra were the normal ones in my family, not including the fact of their power that they may or may not have yet awakened.   

My father, Helmut Zemo isn't exactly a normal father for obvious reasons. In most Marvel Universe where he appeared if not all of them, he is a villain.

If fate says otherwise, there's a chance that my father might still be turning into one of the greatest villains in the Marvel Cinematic Universes, achieving what many other supervillains failed to accomplish, singlehandedly destroying the Avengers team.   

My mother? She's a son-con.  

None of my family can be said to be normal.   

Not even Uncle Oeznik or even my grandfather is normal despite the latter best effort to only appear as a kind and gentle grandfather who loves dotting his three grandchildren.

Although I have not yet asked, it is very obvious there was more to my family than what meets the eye.  

Of course, I know that both of my step-sister's love for me is a bit excessive, beyond what can be considered normal by society or even remotely healthy.   

That's why I encourage both of them to go back to school to meet their old friends and make new ones, so both of them can find something to look forward to and friends to be with instead of simply revolving their life around me.

But when comparing their love, their obsession and their possession of me to a certain female cousin of mine, it can actually be considered somewhat tame.   

That's right, I would consider their love for me to be pretty normal when compared to Silver. 

Or so I thought to believe.

It was not merely wishful thinking nor was I delusional, I truly believe they were "normal" healthy girls.

But as if my INT and WIS attributes were increased by several points, making me one of the smartest humans in all of Eastern Europe if not the whole world. I realize that it is not that the two aren't as clingy as my cousin but rather there's no reason for them to be obsessive and possessive of me like Silver.

Unlike my cousin, who lives in another country, only being able to visit me once or several days a week at best, such a thing is not always guaranteed as there are times when she is unable to take a flight or have the time to visit me, but when she does after a whole week or two not seeing me, she tends to be more clingy than she normally would.

The twins however don't need to desperately dedicate every single second of the day to spend time with me, because there is no reason for them to do so.   

They are my sister, we are practically siblings by law and in all but blood.  

We live under the same roof together.  

We eat at the same dining table.  

We study in the same room.  

We brush our teeth at the same time.

We even take shower together.  

Since the day we met, it is not an exaggeration to say we spend 95% of our free time with each other.

The little time that we don't use to spend together is when using the toilet and such.

While the twins still stuck to me like glue just like my cousin, the difference between how they act is a day and night difference.

For example, when it is time for Silver to go back home, she will always hog the last few hours, minutes and seconds with me till she forces herself to part away. While the twins most of the time, are more willing to leave my side to go to school without a complaint because they know, whether we won't be seeing together for an hour or a whole day, I will always be at home to welcome them back.

I can't think of a day when the twins didn't want to be around me when they can.

But despite their clinginess... they are not possessive as one might think them to be.

Even back when I dedicate all of my strength and time nurturing Silver mental health to normal.

Even when Silver clings to my existence every single second for thirty days straight, refusing to let go of my hand or my shirt, thus decreasing the time I spend together with my sisters by a large margin. 

They only end up complaining to me once, just once, about how little time they were able to spend with me, wishing to spend with me more, wishing for my company, wishing it was just three of us "like the old time" or so they say.

But yet it only takes me one minute and no more to convince them to be more patient and compassionate to Silver who was also their friend, back when they were still close.

It was the biggest factor why I truly believe my sisters were normal, but perhaps I mistook their patience and compassion for normal instead.

In another word, if their position were reversed, if my sisters were the ones who have limited time to be with me instead of my cousin, they will be the ones who will be all over me instead of Silver.   

I was mistaken when they didn't cling to my existence like Silver does every time she visits.  

I mistook their lack of possessiveness and complaints when Silver hogs all of my attention for a whole month when she was in her most vulnerable state for something "normal".

I truly believe that my sisters are two physically and mentally healthy teenage girls at that time.

And they are when it comes to the physical health part, but unfortunately, I am not wrong about their mental part.

Pietra, putting a stop to my monologue, gently pokes my right cheek a few times to bring me back. As I look at her in reflex, she beautifully smiles as she realizes she got my attention that it made me forgot for a single second how terrifying they are acting right now.

Once again, she tries to convince me that my relationship is a mistake. "I'm sure that "girlfriend" of yours will just leave you after she got bored playing with you." 

As she continues speaking, her eyes turn pitch black, which terrifies me to the core but I stand my ground, refusing to show them how scared I am for various reasons. 

I didn't want them to be worried about thinking they are hurting me in some way, this include scaring me. I remember the exact look on their face when they realize they were hurting me when playing around, not realizing how fragile my body truly is when compared to Silver who have known me since I was a baby.

Perhaps, looking back, that was a bad move. For all I know, it would be wiser if both of my sisters were to realize they were starting to scare me.

"Pietra is right." Wanda continued. "You are too young to have a girlfriend, you don't know what is right or what is wrong, you are not even twelve yet and here you are "playing house" for real. Whoever this girl of yours is... you should- you MUST break up with her. Understand?" Said Wanda as she emphasize the word must as if she is talking about the fate of the world.

"She pressures you to be in a relationship with her after you turn her down the first time, didn't she...?" She asked but it didn't sound like she was asking as if she know exactly what happen.

To know what exactly happened, were the servants spying on us from the start till the end? 

Was it part of the rumour I wonder?

"But it cannot be helped, you are too submissive for your own good sometimes. This bitc- This girl..." Pietra stopped herself from cursing as she realizes I am in the same room with her. "...She is not a good person." She said as she looks me in the eye and take a deep breath once again and lets Wanda continue.

"Although, I can't say I dislike that part of you... little Carl. In fact, that is the best part that we love about you. How beautifully innocent and pure you are when compared to how disgustingly dirty the rest of the world is."

When I heard that one word that just come out of their mouth, my heart nearly dropped. 

They know very well how much I detest that word. "Little Carl?"I muttered the word that I considered a great taboo.

As if my fears a moment ago disappear completely, I act bravely or foolishly if not a little bit of both as I confronted them for using that word. "I know very well I'm weak and smaller than most kids of my age, but I certainly don't need people to rub salts into my wound, reminding me every time by addressing me with that little name, especially not from you guys..." I even pouted to show annoyed I am.

"Oh- don't... don't be mad. You know we never make fun of you for real." Said Wanda as Pietra tries her worst effort to stop herself from laughing as both of us can hear her obvious snickering, muttering something about "cute" and "acting" right now.

Whatever that means.

Even Wanda's facade of trying not to smile is breaking bit by bit as Pietra continues to snicker until she stops herself when she hit her chest and leg a few times.

Realizing the atmosphere in the room is easing, I did my best to deviate them from continue talking about my relationship as it seems to upset them greatly. "All I'm hearing is an empty excuse and not a single proper apology."

After taking a few seconds for Pietra to calm themselves including Wanda, both of them gently look at me as small light appears in their eyes, in contrast to how they were looking at me just seconds ago "We're sorry. You know we never meant to fun of you for real, right? It was just a slip of a tongue, honest. You know we don't care about such a thing..." Said Wanda as Pietra nodded her head rapidly, repentance of their action.

"Hmm." Knowing their apologies were genuine, I took the opportunity to lead them into talking about apologizing to me more, or anything really that we can talk about as long it is not about my relationship, long enough to calm the two of them down, but first... "If you guys are truly sorry, how about you two stop pinning me down on my- Now, hold on a second." 

Before I can finish telling them the requirement for me to accept their apologies, I suddenly remember another word that they describe me with, a word that they have never used before. "Did you two just call me submissive?" I asked as I look at the two of them as if they were aliens.

"Yup. It is a perfect word to describe you, don't you think so little brother." Wanda answered with a smile. You are just so adorable when you do what we told you to do without a second thought."

"Carl, let's take a shower together."

"Carl, let's sleep together. 

"Carl, let's study together in the same room." 

"Carl, let's play. Always follow us around, like a little puppy. Not just any puppy but the most adorable puppy in history of doggies."  

"You know..." Pietra add. "It should be a sin, a crime against Humanity and God himself for you to be so cute without realizing what you are doing sometimes, what you are doing to us..." She said as she hold her chest where her heart is located at.

Pietra continues speaking as she looks at me with a smirk. "Do you know how fast our heartbeat goes every time you innocently smiled at us when we compliment you? I give you a big hint. Too. Fast."

We were seriously worried that we could get a heart attack just by looking at you that we have to ask mother if it was possible, to which she already know the answer to our question as she used to fear the same thing, all because of-" Realizing that her little brother might end up conflicted for causing his family unnecessary trouble, Pietra stopped themselves before anything serious happening.

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't tell you this... just understand that you gave us quite a trouble by being too cute some. But don't worry, we are not actually complaining. You know that we always love you. Right sis..." She looks at her sister as she asks, Wanda to concur. "Sis?"

Realizing her sister is out of dazed as giggles come out of her mouth, thinking God knows what as she restrains her stepbrother on his bed, Pietra shakes her sister's body a bit to bring her back. "Wanda... you there, hello?"  

In an instant, she replied. "Yes!? Yes? I- I mean... Yes, I completely agreed." She stutters as her ears become red for some reason.

I don't know if I should be happy or embarrassed when a Heart symbol finally appears in both of their eyes when they were enthusiastically talking about me. 

But I think it is a million times better than if their eyes and expression were emotionless or devoid of light. As for them being at risk of having a heart attack because of me, I need to look it up later on.

"But alas, we can only blame no one but ourselves." Pietra said as she look away from me. "...It is our fault for letting you out of our sight." She sighed as she remembers the fact I have a girlfriend.

At that moment, both of them gently place their hand on the other side of my face as they caress my cheek, Pietra who is on top of my right side stroking my left cheek, and Wanda on the other, as their arm cross each other. 

"Cold." I thought as I can't help but wince when their finger touch my face as their hands are freezing, in contrast to their usual warm hands seconds ago. 

"You need to listen to us, alright? This is for your own good. You need to break up with that girl, whoever she is, she is just playing you." Wanda demanded as her voice trembled in anger and her eyes as turn darker than it should be possible. If my eyes aren't deceiving me, her eyes become dark red, not like mine but like that of blood. 

"She... she does not care for you as we do." Said Pietra as her blue eyes become darker into dark blue, her eye colour is changing as well just like Wanda. 

"Whoever she is, she is probably only in it for your looks or your wealth. She- she... Please, just... please do as we said." 

Are they begging or are they demanding?

I don't know why but for some reason, it was obvious there were fear in their voice.... perhaps I was mistaken, or perhaps not but such thought stuck to me till the end. 

Are they frustrated about something? 

Possibly scared of something will happen?

Or is there something that I don't know about?

What does their Love Heart represent? 

As mere siblings or perhaps more? 

I closed my eyes to think for a good second and I have already made up my mind on what to say next.

Anybody in their right mind would have followed along with what they had to say, at the very least to avoid provoking them, to not give them a reason to be mad about something, but not me, unfortunately.

I still remember the bad things they said about Silver before knowing it is even her, thus I have already committed in my mind to not let it slide even though I know I should at the very least talk about it later after all three of us have calmed down.

I know... my sisters mean well.  

I agreed I shouldn't be in a relationship as I am too young. 

I agreed that we both should wait until I reach the age of adolescent age at the very least, not that it would mean anything as I have no intention of crossing the line besides holding hands and kissing until we reach the proper age.

But that doesn't mean they have every right to question my girlfriend's intention about our relationship without at the very least asking her name as both of them know her well enough to understand her true character.

She is one of the few people in this world that can be described as noble.

Perhaps a bit clingy and sometimes doesn't act her age, sometimes immature and sometimes too mature, but she no doubt possesses a characteristic of an upstanding human being.

A bonafide noble lady that no doubt will be loved dearly by her people, by the people of Symkaria.

How can I call myself her boyfriend, her best friend or just a friend if I don't defend her? 

"Stop it. That's enough... Silver is not the type of girl that will do that. I forbid you two from back mouthing her from now on, do you understand?!" It took me a second for me to realize what I just said, or rather how I said it.  

I didn't mean to raise my voice to them, at least not that high. I see no reason to yell when arguing with someone as it will only unnecessary hurt the other party's feelings.

I was quite surprised, to say the least.

But my sisters were stunned that I have raised my voice at them, their mind was unable to comprehend what had just happened as if the sun has risen from the west and the world is ending.

I didn't stop, I know I should at that moment, quickly apologize to them for raising my voice but I didn't, which I already regretted the second I finished speaking.

"Her feelings for me... they are genuine. I know they are. I know she loves me, perhaps a bit too much." And it is hard not to when I have been given the ability to see a person's feelings, their true emotion about me. 

Even before I was given the ability to see her level of affection for me, I know that Silver absolutely adores me. And now, it is impossible to think she failed to differentiate between love as a family, and love as a romantic interest.

Part of me still believes I don't deserve her and a bigger part of me doesn't believe that our relationship will truly last, last enough to even consider marriage or even a few years longer, but that doesn't mean I will let anyone treat this relationship of ours as if it is just a joke, regardless how young we are. 

"I will not- just stand here and let you two continue talking bad things about her. Not to her, not to your cousin, not to your friend."  

"So Silver, huh?" One of them guesses with such an emotionless voice that I can't help but creep out even more.

18