Chapter 23
1.5k 27 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So Silver, huh?" One of my sister have already guess who I was talking to with such an emotionless voice that I can't help but creep out even more.

I'm gonna be honest, it was not the reaction I was hoping for.  

I was hoping for them to stop restraining my arm and think about the things they have said behind Silver's back as I know that she had firsthand experience of how horrible it is to hear people who she thought was her friend, backbiting her when they thought she wasn't around. Even I have experienced it for myself and it was not something I wish to experience ever again.

But what I did not expect is them to brush off what I just said, only caring about the fact the identity of my girlfriend is someone they know. 

"Do you love her that much that you are willing to hate us to defend her?"  

"Hate? I would..." I want to continue to say never, or something to reassure them that nothing will happen between us just because I have someone that I love and there's no way I can ever hate them, at worst, I will be disappointed but I can never hate my two sisters who I love dearly.

But I can't, for some bullshit reason, I physically can't and I fucking hate myself every second for not speaking, as every second I am unable to speak, I am forced to look at them, with their face clearly expressing that they are waiting for me to continue to speak as tears started to gather in their eyes. 

Even worse when I saw Wanda's tears is already falling despite her best attempt to look strong and raise her head to look up to avoid her tears from falling in the last second. Her tears easily fall right into my left cheek.

Realizing her facade broke apart, she quickly wiped her tears with one of her arms, and Pietra follow up as well.

Great. Now I feel like the world biggest scumbag who makes his big sister cry.

I hated myself for having- what I believed to be a minor panic attack. 

If I didn't know any better, I say I am having a heart attack instead or something as my heart rate and stress level is too high. 

In fact, it would be better if I did as at least the twin would realize the reason why I'm not speaking the moment I look like I'm dying.

Even now, not a single word comes out of my mouth despite my best effort to scream for any of them to hear me.

If scratching my throat or slapping myself on my face will allow me to speak even a single word or two, I would do so without hesitation but both of my arms are being held tightly by my sisters. It doesn't help the fact I feel suffocated because of their action.

The last thing I want is to create a stupid yet dangerous misunderstanding with the people I love.  

"Damn it. Damn it. Fucking damn it. It's Silver's nervous breakdown all over again. I can't say a thing when I needed to the most. Speak damn it. Why... I cannot speak!" I internally scream myself as I pray to God for help, to allow me to speak. Because I know If I don't, I might regret it for the rest of my life.

"Even though you promises us that you were gonna marry both of us."  

What in the world are they even talking about now?  

Marriage?  

Promise?   

Both of them?   

Don't tell me...   

As if a tight rope around my vocal cord were to suddenly let loose, finally being able to speak properly, I quickly spoke to them to soothe them "Pietra, Wanda? Please just calm down. Let's talk-" 

As if I have been cast by a magic spell or something, I'm unable to say a single word once more as if my vocal cord disappear and the next thing I heard is someone calling my name. "Carl?"  

"You promise..."

"You promise to two of us that we will be together forever."

As they both stop waiting for me to speak. Both of them take a deep breath and in a blink of an eye, all of the sadness and wetness in their eyes disappeared as if it was an illusion.

"Forget about the promise. How about a simple question..." Both of them asked the question at the same with a sinister smile, something that I never imagine that I would be seeing from my gentle sister, especially when is it directed at me.

"If you were given the choice to be with for the rest of your life. Who would your choice, us, your two beloved sisters or your cousin, Silver?"   

"Carl?"    

"Choose." 

"Or we will choose it for you."  

"Carl...?"  

"You have to choose, Carl..."  

"Wake up, Carl."   

In a blink of an eye, I return to what appears to be the Gaming Room. 

Again, I blinked a few more times as I try to comprehend what had just happened. Just a second ago, I was being held down by my sisters on my own bed and now...   

"Carl..." A feminine voice gently called out my name. "Are you alright? Did you have a nightmare, my love?" As I was sitting upright on the floor, I turn behind to see who said it, only to see a beautiful girl with naturally platinum-blonde hair.

I sighed in relief as I realize who it was.

"Nightmare?" I took a few seconds to think of an answer as I look around the room and stared at the girl who I was speaking with. "No, it was more like a strange dream." I replied as I convinced myself it was and not something else.

If I were to deny it was a nightmare. I would be lying as I could brush it as one but if I were to say it was more of a strange dream and less of a nightmare, it would be technically a truth, or rather a white lie. Thus, as long as I were to lie properly, I will be able to avoid making her worry about it less.

"I see." And I succeed in convincing her... or at least I think, as she didn't think much of it besides asking me if I want to talk about the strange dream. "Do you want to talk about it?" She gently asked, also trying to reassure me that she isn't forcing me to share about it.   

I thought about it for a good moment as she gently guided my head back to her lap that acts as a pillow, and after a few seconds have passed thinking about it, I decided against telling her about it. "Thank you but it is for the best for me..." I told her, "...And for all of us..." before momentarily thinking to myself. "...If I were to keep it to myself, for now at least..." I finish explaining.

Suffering from a headache, I began to rub my forehead to lessen it.

Even when I didn't say a thing, she know I was in pain and helps me by gently messaging my head as well, knowing me well enough, she didn't bother to ask and just help.

As if she were an experienced masseur, the headache lessen after a few seconds of work. 

"Am I doing it right?" She asked meekly as if to avoid worsening my headache by simply speaking too loud or too much.

"Yeah, you doing great. And thank you, please keep doing it for a few more minutes" I complimented her as I closed my eyes, enjoying her messages.

"Hmm." She hums in return, even without opening my eyes, I know she was beaming with a smile because of my simple compliment.

After a minute of some surprising yet amazing message to my head, she reminds me that she is there to help if I ever need one to talk with about the strange dream I just have. "Just remember I will always be here for you to lend you my ears, alright?" Bless her lovely heart. 

It was obvious by her words she wasn't exactly satisfied with being rejected when offering to help. 

Probably thinking something silly like I don't fully trust her or she is not reliable, but telling her about how my twin sister just pushed me on a bed, holding my arms tightly so I can't run away, forcing me to choose between her and them, would only make things more complicated.   

Even more so considering their relationship is now, more or less estranged from each other and also the fact how overprotective she can be, just like my sisters.

I don't even know what would happen if she were to found out, maybe I'm just overreacting but I wasn't sure if it would be considered the best or the worst-case scenario if the girls were to fight each other by pulling each other hair. 

But I'm sure it is a better outcome than one of them ending up dead and the other ending up in juvie. 

"I know, and thank you." I properly express my appreciation to her one more time as I give a quick kiss on her right hand, and continue to enjoy her lap pillow and her massage to my head.

Truly a wonderful experience. Just add some lofi hip-hop music that has yet to fully exist in the early 20s and it would be even better, but then again... 

How does one improve perfection?

"By the way, where are Pietra and Wanda at?" I asked absentmindedly.  

"What do you mean? They are still with your parents, overseas remember?"  

Oh right...   

One of the reasons why Silver and her parents are here isn't just for her weekly therapy treatment, and that treatment is simply by me accompanying her but also for them accompanying me in the home while the rest of my family is out overseas for 3 days or longer.  

The only reason why my family, especially my mother who is the most overprotective, more than those three girls combine, even considered leaving me home alone along with the hundred house servants and Uncle Oeznik is that they know Silver and my aunt and uncle will stay with me for her weekly mental health treatment. 

But the plans change when Silver bursts into tears and leaves when she thought I was avoiding her, which is kind of true. 

When my parents heard the news, my mother is probably desperately trying to fly home but fortunately, I manage to call in time and convince my parents that there was no need for them to stop their plan, especially when I have no intention of letting Silver run away in tears just like that.

I don't know how I got confused that my sisters have already come back, this has never happened before.  

You don't make a simple mistake, confusing reality with a dream, not when you possess 9 INT and 9 WIS.   

"Was it really just a dream?" I thought to myself. 

Not wanting to give any hint of the fact that my twin sister is part of my nightmare or strange dream as I called it. I quickly think of another subject to talk about, I look at the window and mention the lack of light outside. "By the way Silver, it sure is dark outside... Wait, why is it so dark outside?"   

My eyes widen as I realize something.  

"Umm..."   

"Silver, how long have I been sleeping?"   

"Uhhh..."     

"Did you really just sit on the floor with my head resting on your lap for the whole day till nightfall?

30