Chapter 22: A long chat
2.4k 9 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Do you guys take massive psychic damage when absurd misunderstandings happen constantly in a story? I personally think just a few here in there in a longer story are fine, but when they're constant it becomes incredibly annoying. I've been reading a story called "I Was Genderswapped and Reincarnated as a Villainess, but I’m Making this My Personal Yuri Game" and I thought the premise was pretty good, but it's been kinda painful to read because the misunderstandings just don't stop. Anyway we're back to Sam's PoV this chapter.

After thoroughly evaporating Cornelius, I met up with Mi'ara and the others at where Mi'ara, Livia, and I decided to set up camp ahead of time. I guess it's time to start the conversation, huh?

"Mi'ara and Livia can you help this girl's parents set up their bedding? As you, we need to talk."

"...yeah"

I led the other reincarnator a little ways off from camp before speaking up.

"Alright, just to get it out of the way, both you and me are reincarnators. I'm not Bernadette, I'm Sam. Please call me as such going foward. What are you going by?"

"Figures. Well Sam please call me Sky as it was my name in my past life as well. So want to fill me in on what you've done so far? I've pretty much just pretended to be the heroine so nobody got suspicious. What the hell did you do to get Cornelius on your ass like that?"

"I guess that makes it easy. Well Sky, Instead of playing as the organization's pawn I decided to just dip out of there and run away from the Autumburn manor. Along the way I met my two companions, may or may not have revived, then wooed a god, made a few new never before seen spells, and had a nasty altercation with Cornelius in the capital, which ended in Cornelius getting a face full of magically made arsenic powder."

"Wait wait wait, what was that about a god and new magic?"

"Yeah about that. . . You know that optional post-game boss battle? The one with the dragon that had seven heads?"

"The one that everyone cheesed?"

"Yeah that's the one. Well it's spells were all really strong and in another language, so I decided to try and replicate it."

"But I thought no character in the game could learn those spells?"

"Ahhhhhh... About that, you can use pretty much any spell you want as long as you know the words and practice a bit. Basically you're not constrained to the limits of the game."

"Wait so you mean I'm not limited to merely support magic and I could've been using the cool spells this whole time?"

"Pretty much."

"god damn it! I wish I knew that sooner. Well not that I know the chants to too many spells in the first place. Speaking of that you seem to be capable of using a whole hell of a lot of spells, why is that?"

"Oh, I just contributed a lot to the wiki when I was in high school. I'm basically fluent in the magic language."

"Well no shit! That's pretty neat. Can you teach me some of that?"

"I very much can, but we've gotten a bit sidetracked."

"Ah! You almost made me forget about that whole seducing a god thing. Please continue."

"Yeah, so I tried to replicate the spell the dragon used. Unfortunately the spell failed, but I ended up getting a massive headache. Felt like my head was splitting apart. Real excruciating. Despite that I kept up with trying. I figured the pain was worth being able to decimate pretty much anything I so wished."

"And I imagine you eventually succeed?"

"No not really."

"Then why is this important?"

"Oh because while the spell may have failed it ended up changing the mana in the air."

"And what does that do?"

"Well I changed the mana in the air into a special kind of mana called dragon mana. The reason the boss's spells were in a different language is because the spells operated with a different system of magic. This separate system is called dragon magic and its spells are a lot bigger both in effect and cost. When lizard monsters come into contact with dragon mana, they start a process that turns them into dragons."

"I see. . . Can I use dragon magic then?"

"As you are now? No."

"Didn't you just say you can use any magic you wanted if you knew the words and practice?"

"Well you see, dragon magic doesn't work like that. First of all you need a special organ to use it. Humans don't usually have it unless the dragon god specifically gives it to you, and let me tell you. YOU AREN'T GOING TO LIKE THE PROCESS OF GETTING IT. On top of needing the organ you also are stuck to your dragon magic affinities. Like mine are neutral, support, and lightning, while Mi'ara are earth and fire. If either me or Mi'ara try casting water element dragon magic, It'll just fail."

"Dang, well that sucks. I presume you used that magic to revive that god?"

"That's an oversimplification of what happened but yeah, pretty much. Afterwards me and the dragon god had a nice dinner date. The guy can be a bit intimidating at first, but once you get to know them, you'll see that they are quite the swell fellow."

"Really now?"

"Yeah we talked a lot about ourselves, ate some Italian food reproduced from my memories, and then he assigned me with freeing the dragon boss encased in ice."

"AND YOU SAID 'YEAH SURE WHY NOT?' TO THAT? Do you have a death wish?"

" Relax its not that bad. The reason the general goes beserk in-game is because he was infected with some disease a long time ago that drove those infected mad. At the time all support dragon magic users were dead so they encased him in ice in hope he could be cured in the future."

"And you know how to cure him without turning into a bloody pancake?"

"Yeah I'll just restrain him with magic then heal him. Pretty simple really."

We continued to talk for a long awhile. Eventually the discussion moved on to our lives before reincarnating. I talked about my job and my hobbies. I finished off with a recounting of how I died. Sky talked about herself too. It turns out she was an English teach. A really rad English teacher. She apparently practiced mma and shot firearms on the weekend and would ride a motorcycle to school. We ended up connecting over our mutual love of video games.

 However the conversation had to end as Mi'ara and the others finished getting Sky's parents situated.

123