Cycle 22 (16)
2.4k 10 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Should I give you a name? Instead of just saying “dear diary”, maybe I could name you and say “dear Lucy” or something.

Not Lucy, I don’t really like that name. It was just the first one to come to mind.

Anyways, it’s been a week since my last entry. The first group of players got here this afternoon. There were three of them, two elf guys and a fish-race woman.

The fish race isn’t, like, a straight-up fish. Not a magikarp with legs. It’s more like… so, remember the live action Aquaman movie? And there were those creepy trench fish monster things? Yeah, that. Not a sexy mermaid thing, closer to something Lovecraft would have imagined. Except with less gloop, Lovecraft probably would have added gloop. Y’no?

Well, they came through, and Aya told them to give the dire wolves a bunch of meatballs. I hope it works, and the wolves don’t attack them. We haven’t gone down for a couple days, so the wolves might attack them even with the meatballs, if their memories reset or something.

Oh, we finished our marble tournament. Mimo came in dead last. I’m not surprised. I’m never using him again.

When we went down to fight the kobolds, we killed like twenty of them. So a tenth. Lilly says we need to learn and level up aoe spells, which I completely agree with. I still don’t want to cause pain, so she taught me a sleep spell. It only affects as many creatures as its level, so currently eight. But if I practice as much as possible until the end of the cycle, I should get over twenty. The only problem is, it isn’t a spell that can just be cast, like teleport. With teleport, the spell doesn’t care if there’s a point to using it, it just teleports you. But with sleep, it has to be cast on someone. Or at least on something that can fall asleep.

Bugs work. Which, easy, just find a bunch of ants, right? Welllllll… The only place on our floor with ants is… the inn.

The inn is run… by Dorothy.

Yyyyyyyyeah.

Kimi heroically offered to leave a bunch of snacks all around her house, to attract bugs, but that was obviously just an excuse to not clean her house. So I declined.

I’ve been wandering to the cavern wall in my spare time, to find spiders I can cast the spell on. It takes time, but it’s better than going to the inn.

Anyways, Mika is getting better at aiming her ice volley. Kimi has upgraded her fire bolt into fire stream, which basically turns the palm of her hand into a flamethrower. She’s been having fun with that. Aya’s lightning can now cover twelve square feet, and Lilly’s psychic thing can spread out to four rows of people away from the original person targeted.

Lilly’s spell also requires a target. I feel really bad for the spiders she tests it on. They don’t deserve it.

But yeah, that’s what we’ve been up to this past week. More people will come tomorrow, for sure, so I have to be ready to cook.

Goodnight, dungeon!

113