Cycle 25 (3)
1.9k 7 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Yep, the ants will eat pretty much anything. We-

Oh! I forgot to mention that the dire wolves are back with the kobolds, and are learning how to pull sleds. At the moment all they’re pulling are little carts with wheels, but that’s close enough. All of the wolves except Wolfy McWolfpants are used to the harness now. Hopefully by next week we can take them down to the yeti’s floor and see if they can sled race.

Some of the kobolds don’t want to take the wolves down, because to get them back up they have to die and be brought down by us. And they don’t want the wolves to associate traveling between floors with pain. I get it, but I don’t think that’ll happen. When all the wolves are good at pulling carts we’ll bring it up with Lewis, and get him to decide. He’s pretty smart, and likes the wolves.

Aaaanyways, yeah, Nat and I made a “cake” out of a couple layers of pancakes, jam, fried eggs, milkshake syrup, and sausage. Like, all that, five times over. We took it down to the ants to see if they’d eat it.

They devoured it. It was gone in like, two minutes. And then they asked for more. So we gave them a whole bunch of random things out of our inventories, and they spent an hour doing nothing but eating. Then they had to go back to their hive, which is in a secret place that even Aya hasn’t been to.

While they were away we talked with Aya, and decided to help her try to kill all the spiders. When the ants got back we went to the spider’s tunnels. And holy crap, Aya has gotten good at using her halberd. It has a switch to activate the electricity, and she has the timing on turning it on and off down to perfection. I mostly hung back to heal her and Nat. Nat is pretty good at attacking with her knives, she’s a floor 97 kobold after all, she’s a decently high-level fighter. But Aya has way more… finesse. I think Aya used to be a gymnast, she knows how to use her weight to balance. And with her stupidly long hair crackling with electricity as she spins around, she turns spider killing into a work of art.

I wish I were that cool.

Anyways, we killed all the spiders, and it turns out they’re guarding a loot box of high-class armor and weapons. I’m pretty sure it’s for the player’s benefit rather than that the spiders really like that box. But, since there were three of us who killed the spiders, there were three sets of armor. I have armor, and Nat doesn’t need any, so Aya used two sets to bet in poker and kept the coolest one. Mika already won one, and it turned into sheets of ice when it became hers, instead of boring scale mail. It looks epic.

Oh, Nat took most of the weapons for the kobolds to fight over (I think literally), but I kept a staff that’s supposed to buff non-combat spells. It’s four feet tall and has a giant emerald on the end. Originally it had a piece of amber, but when I took it it turned into an emerald. Because everything I own has to be green. In case literally anyone has forgotten.

I can’t wait to see how far I can teleport tomorrow.

Goodnight, dungeon!

104