Chapter 66 – The Meaning of this Existance
2.1k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Quorra! I want you to try and access the knowledge of the Nexus, and try to find out why am I here!" he said.

Sam was getting frustrated being thrown way over his head. Yes, he was obviously an isekai. But when he first got to the dimension with Aristonia, he was in an RPG setting. 

He got coins and experience points from killing creatures, Karma points as rewards for bigger missions or killing boss level enemies, but what the fuck was going on now?

Demons fighting Gods, Gods fighting Titans, Dragon Lords, Dread Lords.....Multi-dimensional wars?

This was way beyond what he could understand.

"From what I can gather from the Nexus, when you were sent here, you were meant to become another of the Heroes of Aristonia. You were given options that were similar to the RPG games you've played in your previous life so as to relate to this dimension." Quorra answered. 

"For example, these.." she gestured as several mountains of gold coins appeared in the Nexus

"These are from your and the other Avengers' killing enemies in the dimension. It is in this form so that you can relate in an D&D context" she explained. 

"It can easily be this" she gestured as all the gold disappeared and she held a card with credits pre-loaded in the card. 

"Or this" she continued as the card disappeared and a new popup bar appeared, showing that he had an ungodly amount of gold. 

"And this..." she gestured again as mountains of drumsticks appeared.

"... can easily be this.." she gestured as the mountain of drumsticks turned into mountains of glass containers filled with a red liquid. 

"Health potions" Sam mumbled

"..or this" Quorra gestured and the healing potions turned into what looks like floating syringes.

"However, the dimension seems to have been breached by other dimensions as conquerors from other dimensions have appeared" Quorra explained.

"So... am I supposed to save this dimension? Or can I just jump and live in other dimensions?" Sam asked. 

"There are no rules. The only reason you were sent to this dimension in the first place is because another was sent here years ago. Perhaps either one of you could be the chosen one" Quorra said. 

"Really? Who?" Sam asked. 

"Merlin!" Quorra answered. 

"Merlin.... So he has access to the Nexus too?" Sam asked. 

"No...Merlin's interaction is not with the Nexus but with his two Cosmic Cubes and his Reality Diagram!" Quorra said showing a hologram of Merlin with two small cubes in his hand and a large piece of paper floating in front of him. 

"Two dice and a Dungeon Master Screen" Sam mumbled looking at Merlin. "He must have been a dungeon master playing AD&D, while I was more of a computer gamer"Sam nodded. 

"How long as Merlin been here?" Sam asked

"He's been in this dimension for over 4o years" Quorra answered. 

"40 years! But why us? Why are we here?" Sam asked. 

"You died on the same date you were born, at the exact same time the Space-Time Star Gates were aligned, which happens every 40 years. As to why both you and Merlin's souls were saved and placed in this world, it is to fulfill a prophecy of the chosen savior" Quorra answered. 

"What prophecy?" Sam asked. 

Quorra waved her hands and writing started to appear in the air in gold cursive writing:

A tragic death from a tragic love pathetically misplaced,

Arises a savior who will save all time and space,

When all hope is lost and death is at the door,

He shall be identified by dying with his cock on the floor

 

"What.....the..... fuck? Is this a joke?" Sam said out loud.

The other Avengers looked at the prophecy, remembering from the mind link of how he died originally. 

"Was Merlin like this too?" he asked. 

"Yes. 40 years ago, the person that was Merlin was killed when he followed his then girlfriend to the satanic cult she was in, whereby they sacrificed him and ate his body parts. His cock was the first thing they chopped off in a ritualistic frenzy and it fell to the floor before the cult members jumped on it and ate it!" Quorra said, accessing the Nexus' memory banks. 

"Damn it. This is much more fucked up than I imagined" Sam said. 

"Save all time and space! What a responsibility" Mindy teased. 

"So what am I supposed to do now? Everything is so convoluted and confusing" he asked Quorra.

"There is no linear story line to follow. In fact, the Nexus has no set rules about what to do. It only gives points and levels you up whenever it deems your acts are worthy" Quorra answered.

"That's no help. What is the Nexus anyway? Does it control the story? Does it know the future?" he asked.

"No, the Nexus, as you named it, does not control the story nor does it know the future. It is hard to explain what it is, but the closest thing I can try to describe it as is that it is similar to the consciousness or the will of the multiverse, even though the multiverse has no consciousness or will. That's not an exact or accurate description, but it's the closest I can explain according to my limited understanding and your ability to grasp." Quorra answered. 

Sam looked at Quorra stunned. She was a super-genius and even she could not fully grasp it. He was a high school dropout, there was no way he would understand. 

On the one hand, all the explanations sounded deep and felt meaningful. On the other hand, it sounded also like a load of bullshit. He trusted Quorra as she was one of his summons and would never betray him.

But she interfaced with the Nexus, and he had never fully trusted the Nexus from the start. He always felt there was a person behind the Nexus playing a prank on him, or laughing at his expense. 

He shook his head, frustrated at the amount of trouble this was becoming, and the fact that he had no idea what to do next nor who to ask. 

"Come on. A blowjob and some sex always calms your nerves" Mathilda suddenly said as she pushed him onto the bed as she stripped him naked. 

"Besides, you've been with me the least, only once." she continued as she stripped her Gantz suit off. 

"Thats because you....you're.... oh fuuuuuck" Sam thought in his mind as she engulfed him with her mouth. 

The others in the Nexus removed their Gantz suits too and either joined in or waited for their turn. 

 

 

31