Chapter 26 – Auction
2.5k 18 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning I woke up with a refreshing feeling. I opened my eyes and saw Zayats looking at me while lying sideways in front of me.

“Good morning, Master.”

“Morning Zayats.”

I returned her greeting back and wiped my eyes. Every morning, I had a problem opening my eyes without wiping them.

Anything that I saw was blurry, and I can’t see clearly. After I wiped my eyes, I raised my body and turned to my left only to see Zayats sitting beside me on the bed without wearing anything.

She was looking down, seemingly disappointed with something.

“What’s wrong, Zayats?”

Zayats raised her head and looked at me with teary eyes.

“I’m sorry, Master. I fainted yesterday when you-“

Before he said anything more, I blocked her lips with my right hand.

“Don’t apologize, we can do that anytime. More importantly, are you okay?”

I said with as a friendly tone as possible and pulled my hand back. As much as I wanted to stay in the bed, I had more plans today.

So I jumped down from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

After I exited the bathroom, I saw Zayats also get off of the bed and began dressing in short white pants and a hoodie that she bought with me yesterday.

She tied her hair sideways and wore white boots that reached her ankle. Then she wore the Beret that I gave her to hide her criminal record.

“So, Zayats. There is an auction in this city. I plan to visit it to find ingredients needed for Aphrodisiac. Do you want to go with me? Or maybe you wanted to walk around the city?”

“Auction? Isn’t that place need a fancy outfit?” Zayats asked me while tilting her head.

“Don’t mind the outfits! As long as we have enough money, we will be welcomed with open arms. Hahahaha, those maggots will never be able to stop me from getting what I want if we joined the auction.”

I laughed as I put my hands on my waist. Zayats who looked at me followed suit and laughed. I bet she didn’t understand, but she was following along in a cute manner.

When I was satisfied, I grinned and said.

“Let’s go, to the auction!”

I raised my right hand to the air and Zayats also raised hers.

“Let’s go!” She shouted and then smiled.

‘Zayats raised a flag earlier, but there is no way that the auction managed will refuse my entry, right?’

***

“I’m sorry, but you need to wear a dress to join the auction today.”

The flag has been raised, and then the receptionist who welcomed the auction guest refused me while bowing.

“What did you say? I think I heard something along the line of refusing my entry?”

I was displeased, and I had a frown on my face.

“I’m truly sorry. There is a special guest today, so all auction guests are expected to wear a dress or suit to join the auction.”

Special guest? Who has a high enough position for the auction in Lithi City changed their rule absurdly?

I can guess a few, but most of them were living in the middle part of the world, where the rich gather.

“Who is that guest?” I let out a sigh of disappointment and asked the receptionist lady with a displeased tone.

“I’m sorry, but I cannot tell you that.”

Zayats who stood on my right suddenly raised her voice.

“My Master has asked you nicely and you refusing to say it?! I will destroy this place if you keep dodging the question!”

This girl… That’s one way to get the item that I wanted, but they will ban our entry in the future!

This item only appeared on auction, as it was their special product. It was rather cheap because it appeared in every auction, so I need to get inside to get this item.

I looked at Zayats and said.

“Stop, Zayats. The receptionist only did her job.”

I then looked at the receptionist lady who placed her right hand on her chest and let out a relieved sigh.

“Excuse me, lady. You said to wear a dress, but why? Even if there is a special guest, I heard that the auction will never change its rules. Are you telling me that the special guest has enough power to change the rules of Spectra Auction House?”

Spectra Auction House was the name of this place. The auction house opened its branch in every city, even in the city of Evil Magical Girl.

The auction held a special place in this world, as it was authorized by the Giants. They didn’t take any sides, they are neutral.

“Yes, the special guest warranted such action. Every time a special guest of Spectra Auction House send us a message that they will visit, we ask our guest to wear a formal dress code. It was a rule that was known by every members of Spectra Auction House.”

Strange, I didn’t know that such a rule exist. I never had any problem entering the Spectra Auction House in the game. So I thought that we will be fine without changing our clothes.

“Is that so? Then I won’t ask any further if there is such a rule. But, the VIP booth is located in a private room, right? Can I use the VIP booth instead?”

“Yes, those in the VIP booth will not need to wear a dress. But, to use a VIP booth, a member is required to deposit 1 Million Deep Coins.”

The receptionist looked at me with a gaze that looked like ‘Are you sure? Our service is expensive you know?’

How dare this girl looked down on me. I swung my right hand to the right and my Mirror Inventory appeared above the table in front of the girl.

She was surprised and looked at me with her eyes widened. I grinned at her and then black Deep Coins began to pour out from my Mirror Inventory.

As soon as two thousand Black Deep Coins poured out from my Mirror Inventory, I swung my right hand again and my inventory disappeared.

I looked at the receptionist with a smug smile on my face.

“There, 2 Million Deep Coins. Give me the VIP booth.”

The receptionist was frozen like a statue while looking at the money in front of her. For normal citizens, a million Deep Coins can last for three years if they live normally. So two million Deep Coins is a lot.

“Are you there, receptionist lady?” I asked her once more.

Only then, she snapped out from her surprise and answer.

“Yes! Please wait a minute, I will prepare for it. Can you please tell me your name?”

“It’s Zmeya.”

“Alright, please wait a minute.”

She began to rummage the document on her desk. After a while, her expression brightened and she handed me a black card with the word VIP on the front.

“This is your card to enter the VIP room. Your room is located on the third floor of this building, there will be a VIP booth with number 3, that’s your room. I had deposited your two millions inside the card, you can use that to pay for the goods that you get in the auction. Please have a nice day.”

The receptionist gave me a professional smile.

I then looked at Zayats and said.

“Let’s go then?”

“Yes, Master!”

We went to the third floor using an elevator. On that floor, there were six rooms, and I found the room with number 3 without much problem.

I opened the door and entered the room. It was a luxurious room with a red carpet, a golden chandelier, and a long sofa enough for 5 people to sit in the middle of the room.

In front of the sofa, instead of the wall, there is glass so we can see the other side of the room. The other side of the glass was a massive room. It was an understatement to be called a room, it’s better to call it a hall.

There is a stage that was surrounded by a lot of chairs. That stage was the place to introduce the goods to the other people who joined the auctions.

There were already a lot of guests and a lot of seats were taken.

There was a fridge around 1 meter in height beside the sofa. I told Zayats to open the fridge.

“Wow, there is a lot of drinks!” Exclaimed Zayats.

I approached her and saw that inside the fridge were a lot of varieties of drinks.

I smiled and then took a seat on the sofa. I gestured for Zayats to sit beside me.

She smiled happily and took a seat beside me while putting her hands on her thighs.

‘I was certain that I will get the item that I wanted. But, I was curious about the special guest. Shall I visit that so-called special guest later?’

The so-called special guest that the receptionist lady mentioned. What kind of person is that special guest?


5 advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

89