Chapter 36 – The arrival of Zmeya
2.1k 26 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now that you have learned it, let’s get into the main topic.” Aria spoke from behind and approached the couch in the room.

She sat down without asking Nana, but Nana just smiled and then walked to the couch across from Aria while pulling me by hand.

When we were seated, Nana turned serious and looked at Aria.

“The reason why you are here?”

Oh, right. Because I was too happy, I almost forgot the reason why we were here in the first place.

“Ah! Zmeya!”

We were here to tell Nana, the guard of The Center in Krysa City about Zmeya!

“You finally remembered about it.” Aria sighed a little and crossed her legs slowly and put her hands above her thighs.

For some reason, Aria looked graceful when she did that.

Nana giggled with her mouth covered by hand as if she was amused by our exchange. She then turned serious again.

“Zmeya, I never heard that name.”

Aria sighed again for who knew times today.

“Commander didn’t tell the guard of The Center about her? What is she doing, I told her that Zmeya is a dangerous individual.”

“For you, the one who graduated with the highest score from the training camp, to say that she’s dangerous…”

Nana looked surprised and so did I.

Aria was graduated from the training camp of Magical Girl with the highest score? I heard that the training camp was hard and the Magical Girls that were chosen were all elites.

She was more amazing than I thought.

“I didn’t stand a chance.”

Aria bit her lips.

“Zmeya is strong. She didn’t even use her core power to defeat me. With just one magic, a magic that required one step from her enough to defeat me.”

She looked down on the floor and her fists were clenched.

“Are you serious?” Now that Aria told her about Zmeya’s power, Nana covered her mouth with both hands.

She then looked at me, as if asking was what Aria said was true.

“Zmeya is cool. When she watched us defending Hydro City from the attack, she got mad and 9 green snakes heads appeared around her!”

I told Nana about what I saw with a happy tone.

Nana’s expression paled. She was afraid.

That girl, Zmeya, was not that bad. She was just a lonely girl, but why did the Magical Girls afraid of her?

It was strange, Zmeya even said herself that she just wanted to adventure, to have fun. But the Magical Girls from the Good Side was afraid of her, and Mally, the Magical Girl from the Evil Side was terrified of her.

I pity Zmeya.

She only got one friend, the girl who sat beside her at that time. I hope the friend, the beautiful girl with white hair would help her.

“Materialization…” Nana muttered in a terrified tone.

Her body was shaking uncontrollably.

She then looked at Aria and asked.

“How? Only the leader of Evil Side was said to achieve the Materialization of her power. Even the Saint needs to push herself to Materialize her power.”

“I don’t know.” Answered Aria calmly.

“At first, I thought that Zmeya was the leader of the Evil Side.”

‘But that can’t be true.’ I wanted to shout at Aria, but I knew my position.

My voice wouldn’t be heard, and she would ask me to shut my mouth.

It was my position, a new Magical Girl.

Even though everyone called me Prophesied Girl, I didn’t even understand what that meant.

Zmeya said that she was the first one who found me, but she didn’t help me because she wanted to stay neutral.

She also knew that I came from another world.

Not only that, she seemed to shine brighter than the other Magical Girls that I met, even those from Good Side.

Then I knew that categorizing Magical Girls to the Good Side and Evil Side had no meaning.

They were both Magical Girls, so I will save them.

‘They are humans. Magical Girl is the protector of humanity.’

“Isn’t that the case?” Asked Nana, pulling me from my thought.

“No, that’s not the case. The Evil Side leader was known to have that power, so the snake is out of the question. Zmeya is not the leader of the Evil Side.”

“Oh, fine. Are you just here to tell me about this?”

Nana sighed in relief and then put on a smile again.

Aria shook her head and then looked straight at Nana’s eyes.

“Zmeya called me around 2 days ago.”

“Eh?” Nana let out a stupid sound.

“Wait, call you as in… smartphone?”

Aria smiled wryly and took out her smartphone from her pocket.

That was, right. The strange technology in Magical Girls filled the world. But it was not that strange, a lot of Magical Girls’ movies were located in modern time Japan.

The technology in this world was also developed, so I decided to not think about it anymore.

It hurts my brain.

“Yes, smartphone. She knew my number. Somehow.” Aria looked at her smartphone and opened the log of the call.

“Her number didn’t even register in my log, how can that happen.” She grumbled again.

Since we were on the train, she fiddled with her phone and grumbled about that a few times.

The call was supposed to be registered in the log, but Zmeya’s call didn’t even register to Aria's smartphone’s log.

And she was grumbling about not being able to get Zmeya’s number.

‘Should I get Zmeya’s number the next time we meet?’

I thought about it a few times, and I decided.

‘I should get her number.’

As if Zmeya knew that we were talking about her, Aria’s phone ringed.

She quickly looked at the screen and then she held her smartphone tighter with both of her hands.

“S-she called me again!”

“What? Did she know about our conversation? You have yet to tell me about the important part of your topic!”

Nana raised her voice, she was visibly scared of Zmeya even though she didn’t meet her yet.

Was Materialization that important for the Magical Girl? I was taught that Materialization could only be achieved by Magical Girls that reached the peak, but was that true?

Aria looked at Nana and raised her voice.

Her voice was shaking. Aria, she was afraid of Zmeya too?

“She wanted to destroy a city! Zmeya is!”

“T-then, ask her which city is it! Ask her now!”

“I will.”

Aria’s hand then moved and pressed a button on her smartphone. She put the call in a speaker, and the next voice that I heard was a carefree voice that I was familiar with.

[Aria, guess where am I right now~]

The voice was a bit different than what I remembered, and it didn’t carry a haughty tone like that time.

It was a normal girl voice, but it was clear and beautiful.

More importantly.

‘She addressed herself with ‘I’ and not ‘This One’?’

Aria was trying to calm herself, and she asked.

“Where are you?”

[Hmm~ Well, guess what? I am in front of Krysa City. Come out and get me, I will be waiting for you!]

The call ended with just that, and Aria lost grip of her smartphone, causing it to fell to the ground.

Her skin turned pale, and then she muttered.

“We are doomed.”


5 advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

93