Arc I Chapter 11
9k 40 262
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc I Chapter 11


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


The entry exam and the next test followed. Their group was pitted against each other in a little elimination type tournament. The victors would then fight against each other to further demonstrate their skill.

 

Obviously, Sasuke fought his way through the brackets, marching from victory to victory. He encountered no serious opposition. He was even cheered on by a group of female supporters.

 

His clan background allowed him to defeat his opponent with pronounced ease.  Had he lost, his Uchiha ancestors would haunt him for the rest of his life. The Uchiha were renowned for their superior skill and talent. It showed. His opponents stood no chance against his honed combat skills.

 

In the end, only clan children and other talented individuals progressed. The little princess was among them despite her civilian background. The girl showed no signs of fatigue, no sign of exhaustion. He supposed that her fighting skills matched her kunai skills.

 

“...” Sasuke narrowed his eyes, prepared to face her, to fight her. Asami was his next opponent. She was strong, but so was he.

 

Their stares met, and his courage suddenly faltered. Her calculating eyes ... Her pitch black hair ... Her pose ... Her aura ... They all reminded her of ... Nii-san. The girl resembled Nii-san ...

 

“...” Sasuke shook his head, dispelling such silly notions. The girl wasn't Nii-san. Nii-san was far stronger, and even more perfect. Not that it mattered. The fact remained, he had to win. He had to defeat Asami. If he ever wanted to overcome his older brother, then he had to defeat her.

 

“...” Sasuke entered the circle, mustering all his remaining courage. The stage was set. “Listen, Asami, I will defeat you! Don't think that I will go down easily!” 

 

“You think so?” Asami raised an amused eyebrow before giggling. “My friend, I do not know your name, nor do I care, but do not waste my time with such grandiose words. Bring it on, if you can!” The girl taunted him, and she succeeded.

 

He knew that he should have ignored her provocation, but he didn't. Sasuke charged. A foolish decision against an adversary of her calibre. The girl sidestepped easily.

 

Only his reflexes saved Sasuke from her following counterattack, a punch aimed at his head.

 

“Aargh ...” Sasuke blocked her strike with his arms, but his defence exposed his abdomen. Her follow up sidekick aiming for his guts, punishing him for his foolishness.

 

Hadn't he performed a backward roll in the nick of time, then the match would have ended there. Sasuke dodged fate, escaping Asami's scythe like attack unscathed.

 

“...” His instincts saved Sasuke before it was too late, instincts far older and more ancient in origin than he could ever imagine.

 

“...” Sasuke got back up, adopting a defensive stance. Negligence was a deathly sin against a dangerous opponent like Asami.

 

Asami narrowed her eyes, visibly displeased. “How ... unexpected ... Not bad. It seems that I have underestimated you. Who knows, you might even stand a chance against me one day, but not today.”

 

The girl lunged forwards, engaging him in melee. Her movements were fast and precise despite her kimono. They met head on, their fists and feet connecting in an exchange of blows.

 

Asami was relentless, her attacks were growing stronger and faster. Sasuke tried to keep up, but he was slowly losing ground ...

 

There it was, the knock out blow. Her fist struck his face directly with full force, sending him rolling across the dusty ground until his body came to a halt.

 

The sigh of the peaceful azure sky greeted Sasuke, and that was the moment he knew, he lost.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


The entire family was eating dinner together, but Sasuke refused to eat. He just kept staring at his food, deliberating. Should he tell them, or not? Yes, or no? Yes, or no? “Yes, something happened at the examinations. I am angry because ... Because ...”

 

Mikoto clenched her fists, about to start one of her feared monologues, “Did some of the other children bully you, Sassuke, because you are an Uchiha? Don't bother with these idiots. Ignore them. Be proud of your lineage and who you are ...”

 

Sasuke sighed. “No, it wasn't that, Okaa-san. I am angry because I was beaten by a girl.”

 

“A girl?” Mikoto blinked in surprise, while Itachi stiffened.

 

His father looked up from his newspaper. Fugaku narrowed his eyes, his disappointment blatant. “To be beaten by a girl ... I must say that I would have expected more from you. You are the second son of the Uchiha clan head, Sasuke. Your actions bring dishonour, not just to yourself, but to the entirety of the Uchiha clan.”

 

Sasuke clenched his fist, prepared to defend his manhood. “But ... But ... But the girl was strong, Father. It was impossible to defeat her.”

 

His mother reacted surprised. “Oh ...”

 

His father less so. He frowned, clicking his tongue. “Tch, How strong exactly?”

 

“...” Sasuke hesitated. “Well, she reminded me of like Itachi ... Just meaner, and a girl.”

 

His father's eyebrow shot up, his curiosity piqued. “... of ... Itachi?”

 

Sasuke crossed his arms. “Yes, she looks like a smaller version of Nii-san, and she also fights like him. However, whereas Nii-san is perfect and noble, she is evil and vicious. The girl is a meanie.”

 

His father ignored his last statement, “Do you happen to know her name, Sasuke?”

 

“Her name?” Sasuke was thinking. “I think ... her name was ... Asami, ... Minami Asami ...”

 

“Minami ... Minami ... Minami ... Minami ...” his father mumbled, inconclusively.

 

“Is something the matter?” 

 

“No ... It's nothing.” Fugaku shook his head, dispelling his thoughts. He had the uncanny feeling that he had heard the name ‘Minami’ somewhere before. In the end, however, the Uchiha patriarch gave up. He had better things to do.

 

The next day, Fugaku visited an old friend of him, a fellow Uchiha and infamous womaniser who plagued Konoha in the past. They talked together about the old times.

 

Fugaku asked Sakutaro about a certain love affair he had during his younger years. As it turned out, he had a daughter, a very talented daughter.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


 

 


262