Chapter 421: Victor Vs The Sun Lord
13.2k 92 163
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two Demon Warriors attacked ruthlessly. Victor could only passively deflect that guy’s offense while stepping back, dragging them away from the square where the elven guards began to group themselves.

The three warriors' status was about 100 to 200 points higher than Victor’s own base status.
Still, even after he fully activated his half-awakened demonic bloodline to the limit giving him a 20% boost slightly higher than theirs, he was having a difficult time.

Not only were their weapons sharp, but their armor was infused with some kind of energy that absorbed most of the energy of any hit he landed on them. And they kept attacking using a strange formation that boosted their abilities.

Were those guys real demons? No… Their status windows were similar to players… They reminded him of someone… yes LIN! They had similar status… But still, unlike her, those two felt strange, as if they were some kind of demon hybrid, not just possessed, that’s what his demonic senses were telling him.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?” Victor asked in the demonic language, just to make sure.

The attackers didn’t respond as they pressed him harder. Those guys were more proficient in their weapons than Victor, forcing him into a very hard fight.

He parried with a broad sword that he grabbed from his storage.

He could feel it, the fight that had just gotten started was getting harder every second. It was as if they were adjusting their technique to counter his!

He pondered activating his chaos dragon bloodline too. Although he was sure he would be able to overpower those three if he did so, he chose not to at the moment! Making the enemy underestimate your strength was one of the basics of fighting from the shadows!
He feared that if he appeared too overpowered too early, they might send some other guys like those against him, he was safe to assume there might be others from the way those guys were named with numbers, and if they were to surround him, he might not be able to escape safely without revealing all his cards.

Yes, he needed to escape, and he had to do it fast, as he could notice many elven guards beginning to arrange themselves around the street where he was fighting.

His goal to create chaos was mostly achieved after all!

His first step for now was to get the guy with the Sun Lantern. That thing was disabling his disguise. But how to do it? The other guys were protecting him at all times! That guy, who should have been under the effect of Victor’s disguise due to the artifact’s effect, was perfectly cooperative with them! Just how?

SLASH…

One of the demon warriors suddenly made an impossible move and attacked Victor from an impossible angle.

“THAT WAS CLOSE! Damn it!” Victor cursed as he parried just in time then began to roll on the ground to escape the other guy's attack. DAMN IT! Those guys were playing dirty, using that Sun Teleportation technique to teleport into his blind spots! Damn it! This was his technique!

SLASH… They attacked again, but this time as they hit, Victor managed to hit the attacker back, sacrificing his shoulder in exchange for hitting the warrior’s helmet with all his force, denting it and forcing him to roll back, putting some distance as he inspected his injury.

His clothes were slashed… Thankfully, the sword could not penetrate his demonic skin, only leaving a scratch. But it hurt like hell!

THREE SUNS POISON, SSS

Shit…. Those guys' blades were poisoned. It was not enough to poison him though, his Poison Resistance skill was already maxed out!

“NOT FAIR!” Victor yelled as he looked at his opponent, who stopped in place with his helmet turned into a C shape after taking Victor’s hit.

The warrior was not affected. He reached for the helmet and pulled it off, revealing an ugly melting face that appeared to be the result of a mix between a human and a slug. It wiggled as that guy looked at Victor with angry eyes… Five eyes…

Was this a demon Kin? How were those guys made?

Victor had no idea, but it was time for him to get out of here. So he took out a bunch of smoke bombs and threw them around making all of a sudden a smoke screen as he used the shadow-shifting skill, to go into the building behind.

DAMN IT! He was at a disadvantage, if any more of those guys were to appear, he would really be in a bad situation.

He appeared in a wooden sauna bath.

Not caring about the fat naked female elf who was there, he hurried to run, using his disguise skill as he tried to put some distance from the warrior with the lantern. He just needed to get out of that artifact’s area of effect and attack from a distance!

It took him just 43 seconds to leave the building from the other side, appearing into a back alley.

BAM!

His illusion shattered again as a blade dug into his neck… It only left a scratch as Victor jumped back.

The three demon warriors were waiting for him… No, they had an additional one. There were four now…. SHIT!

HOW THE HELL DID THEY FIND HIS LOCATION?

Vector wondered as he quickly dodged to the side and threw a needle at one of the attackers who teleported and appeared next to him. The needle was only coated with a normal poison, so naturally, it was totally ineffective. That guy didn’t even care to pull it out and kept focusing on their target.

Victor had just used the chaos to throw a curse-dispelling talisman on that guy. He felt naked without it… And no, he was not into exposure fetish!

What to do?

Victor, who was getting cornered in a back alley, began analyzing his options.

He had many methods yet to try, some were more dangerous than others. He just needed to perfectly analyze his enemies before revealing any new techniques.

Wait… Since those guys were demons in a sense. Could his demonic powers work on them?

“How dare you attack this seat!” he yelled at them, activating his bloodline to the fullest. He was not sure, but he could only try it.

It worked… They hesitated for 3 seconds before attacking him again after shaking their heads. It was as if someone commanded them. Was it one of the curses, or The Sun Lord’s oath? Those guys had too many overlapping controls on them to tell…

Activating his Akashic Scholar skills, Victor asked as he fought. WHO IS COMMANDING THOSE GUYS.

577978 ORDER POINT REQUIRED!
INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

“Shit…” he cursed as he carried to the side. He didn’t need the system’s answer, it was definitely a lord!

Damn it! He was not ready to face a hidden enemy boss… It was still too early! His feelings were not ready… He thought they would have to progress slowly first, getting to know each other and such!

It must be also that guy who was locating him and sending them his location! Their coordination might also be his doing!

Still, why wasn't that guy attacking by himself? Could it be that he was toying with him? Or was there any other reason?

Never mind that… A smart guy never attacks by himself!

Victor, who kept fighting aimlessly he thought, needed to get rid of the Lantern first so he would be able to move freely! He had just the way for that!

“KNEEL!” Victor screamed, activating all his power as he roared at the demon kins.

Again, the three guys paused, it was for 1 second this time as their puppeteer was prepared, but this period was enough for Victor to attack one of them using a wind blade skill, something that he had never done before in this fight.

As expected, this took them by surprise, but his attack only left a shallow wound on the unprepared guy's skin, barely piercing through the armor that shimmered with bright light to stop his attack.

The Warrior roared in rage and then jumped at Victor in response, aiming to use the opening Victor left to strike him, but his target suddenly turned into smoke.

Using the shadow shifting, Victor passed through that guy’s body aiming at the lantern with his sword.

Too bad the guy holding it, without even looking at Victor, immediately bent around and protected the artifact with his body like an armadillo, Victor’s sword barely scratched the guy’s armor before he was forced to retreat as the three other warriors attacked him from behind.

“...” Victor smiled as he made a backflip and then attacked again.

The demon warriors prepared to parry, but suddenly from behind them an attack landed, injuring one of them. It was their friend, the one with the lantern.

“KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…………” he screamed like a mad man, then began to attack his friends with the lantern that was chained to his neck dangling randomly.

It worked!

Victor had gambled that those guys were not really following the lord's commands with their own will. They had too many curses for that. The demon aura they were emitting was too savage for them to be sane!

That’s why, he had just used the chaos to activate his curse-dispelling skill on that guy, easily breaking every curse but the Sun Lord’s oath that didn’t seem to be affected.

This was enough to cause the demon warrior to rampage! He also kept shaking his head while attacking. It was as if someone was screaming at him but he was not listening!

Due to the situation, the three other demon warriors had to turn and defend themselves, allowing Victor to attack again from the back. They could only parry to the side to avoid being cornered, allowing him to reach the rampaging guy and try to steal the Lantern. Too bad, Victor’s sword was totally useless against the chain.
It took only a split second, but Victor was cornered!

Deciding to make a sacrifice, he allowed that rampaging demon to strike at him with his claws and another attack to pierce at him from the back with a sword, as he used all his force to hit the artifact itself with his hand.

BAM!

The Lantern shattered as Victor used shadow shifting again to escape.

By the time the two remaining warriors reached Victor's side, he was no longer there.

Using his shadow shifting, he hurried into a nearby building, scaring an elderly elf as he ran away while activating his disguise again. It felt comfortable as if he got dressed in a warm bathrobe after a cold shower.

This time he didn’t appear outside directly but kept shadow shifting throughout the adjacent buildings while activating all the disguises his skill could achieve.

Finally, after 10 minutes of running, he walked out from the last building to an empty street. It was near the palace, as far as possible from the main square!

No one would suspect he was here with all the soldiers searching the city!

Now, all he needed was to lay low, and he will be a free young master again!

No, he couldn’t…

All around him, there were more than five hundred fully armored Demon Kin warriors surrounding every escape route… And his disguise was not working again… Why? Those guys had no lanterns?

He quickly found his answer in his log.

SUN LORD DOMAIN
VISUAL ILLUSIONS ARE REVEALED
ALL NONE FIRE-BASED ATTACKS ARE WEAKENED
ALL WITHOUT [SUN LORD BLESSING] CAN NOT USE SKILLS.

Shit… This was his worst nightmare!

Although Victor could easily ignore the SKILLS restriction due to his authority, he could not overturn the Illusions rule that didn’t affect him directly.

This situation was tricky…

Should he just disable the curses on all those people? Nah... It would be too tricky, as he will need to Touch them. He didn't believe that their boss would let him do as he pleased.

He had one last choice, and he really didn’t want to do this… Well... Whatever... All people need to grow up to face their fears at one point or another.

He sighed and looked at the sky.

“SUN LORD! COME DOWN AND FACE ME IF YOU ARE A MAN!” Victor yelled as he stepped back, dodging an attack.

No one replied. Could it be the sun lord was a woman?

“BASTARD! I ONLY CAME HERE FOR REVENGE AFTER THAT BITCH PRINCESS STOLE MY ARTIFACT!” Victor said, throwing a bait to help Macil. “DO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO USE ALL MY STRENGTH AND RUIN YOUR CITY?”

No reply… The demon warriors attacked, and Victor cursed as he dodged to the side.

“BASTARD!” Victor screamed as he began getting cornered, fracking him to begin using the CHAOS STEPS skill for the first time, dodging the attacks landing all around him. He could easily sow those as death threads began clouding his vision from all directions. “STOP!”

He screamed.

“IF YOU SPARE THIS SEAT, I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT LORD ZIFR!” he added, appearing desperate.

It worked!

The demon warriors who were now completely surrounding Victor paused their attacks.

In the sky, slowly the air began to shimmer, and then the mirage of a man slowly solidified. Yes, it was a man... Or it would be better described as the ghost of a man who was made out of sunlight, only his eyes were like two suns, and by just looking at him, Victor could feel his eyes burn.

NAME : SOL DE SOL
STATUS : (MINOR SUN AVATAR)

STRENGTH: 10
AGILITY : 10
INTELLIGENCE: 10

An avatar? Victor frowned and then began to look around before smiling as he noticed an elf general standing with other elf guards behind a barricade to one side.

NAME : SOL DE SOL (Zendo B Sol)

LEVEL: 120,551

CLASS : SUN LORD, U

SUBCLASS: War Drummer, F

AFFINITY: SUN
AFFINITY RANK: TRIANGLE (11%)

STATUS :
AUTHORITY: 21277
STRENGTH: 441079
AGILITY : 449244
INTELLIGENCE: 450051
LUCK : 49
CHARM : 66
ORDER POINTS: 1004799

SKILLS :
ERROR RETRIEVING DATA: LORD >> DATABASE FIELD CONNECTION IS SEVERED

FATE
ERROR RETRIEVING DATA: LORD >> FIELD UNAVAILABLE

BLOODLINE
TRUE Sun Elf, S (AWAKENED)

EQUIPMENT:
FLAME GOLDEN CHAIN, SSS
LIGHT ARMOR, SSS
CINDER EYE, SSS
TOPOS STAFF, SS
HYPER DEFENSE TALISMAN, SSS

 

Wow… This guy was too cautious! Still, he was plenty strong… weaker than that girl Hua Hua, but strong nonetheless.

Victor pondered for a moment if he would be able to kill him with the soul poison… Nah, even if he succeeded, it would upset the balance in the world too much. Right now, all he needed was to probe things thoroughly.

“ZIFR IS STILL HERE?” the sun lord asked directly in an ethereal voice after he looked around.

“...” Victor stared at the one in the sky. That man was appraising him, so Victor naturally showed him a totally fabricated status sheet. Disguise of internal status could not be negated easily as Victor was casting the disguise on that data itself.

“SPEAK!” the man said, smirking after making sure that Victor was not that strong.

“HE DIDN'T LEAVE… IT WAS ALL A PART OF HIS PLAN!” Victor said. From experience, he knew that demons from different factions liked to betray each other, so his actions were not strange. He also took that chance to warn the sun lord.

“OH… WHERE IS HE HIDING?”

“THAT INFO IS NOT FOR FREE…” Victor replied.

“I WILL SPARE YOUR SORRY LIFE AS A PAYMENT…” the man said arrogantly.

“YOU WILL GIVE ME THE PRINCESS TOO…”

“...I WILL THINK ABOUT IT…”

“...”

“...”

“I NEED AN OATH…”

“YOU DON'T DESERVE IT… YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS…”

“...”

“...”

“FINE…” Victor sighed. “LORD ZIFR IS PLANNING TO USE THE SUN TEMPLE AGAINST YOU, MOST OF THE GUYS THERE ARE ALREADY POSSESSED BY DEMON SOULS… HE USUALLY HIDES IN ONE OF THEM, I AM NOT SURE WHICH ONE….” Victor casually fabricated a lie… Half a lie.

“OH…” the sun lord didn’t seem surprised. “I NEED HIS EXACT LOCATION…”

“EVEN I CAN’T KNOW THAT!” Victor said.

“THEN WE DON’T HAVE A DEAL! ATTACK!”

“BASTARD!” Victor cursed as the warriors started to ready their weapons again.

“I CAN SPARE YOU IF YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ARTIFACT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR…” the sun lord suddenly said as he raised his hand making the warriors pause.

“...” Victor frowned as he looked down and tried to resist the urge to smile.

It worked. He just disguised his status adding the Sun lord's blessing to the abnormal status, and when the sun lord raised his hand, he could hear his voice in his head, telling him to stop… And yes, even the system skills were now getting fooled by his disguise thanks to the Lord targeting everyone with the lord blessing tag in his vicinity!

Now Victor knew how the demon warriors were getting controlled. And everything after will be easy!

“ANSWER!” the sun lord spat.

“GO FUCK YOURSELF, FILTHY ELF!” Victor said coldly. He no longer needed to humor this idiot.

“THEN DIE!” the lord screamed angrily as he commanded his Demon warriors legion. They quickly raised their weapons and attacked. Not Victor, but the hidden lord in the back.

“WHAT!” The lord was flabbergasted as his carefully raised warriors began attacking him and all the elf guards around him religiously. “STOP!” he ordered but they didn’t listen. He had no idea that Victor, who now knew how he commanded them, began doing a man-in-the-middle attack using his F-ranked Telepathy skill!

When the lord told them to ATTACK, Victor quickly used the same voice to tell them THE ELVEN GUARDS IN THE BACK.

When the lord told them to STOP, Victor casually added, HESITATING…

When he said ATTACK THE DEMON, Victor added KIN…

When the lord said, DON’T ATTACK THE GUARDS, Victor added LIGHTLY…

So naturally as the commands got corrupted, all the warriors started destroying everything, from the buildings to the trees.

It only took 5 full minutes for the lord to finally lose hope of gaining control over his men, but at that point, half of the city was already in a sea of flames!

“DAMN, IT!” the sun lord who could no longer play it safe finally raged. “SLEEP!” he commanded. He didn't want to lose his army over something this stupid

Seconds later, all the Demon Warriors fell to the ground asleep in the middle of a sea of elven guards' corpses.

It was a total mess…

Damn it! Where is that demon? He quickly found him.

“STOP!” the lord commanded as he raised his hand.

Victor, who was now resembling a goat, had secretly sneaked away using the chaos. Was already a few miles away out of the city.

Suddenly, he felt the ground pull at him. He froze in place with a strange skill beginning to constrain him.

"Damn it!" he cursed. failed again!

He tried activating his Chaos Steps and shadow shifting, but they could only move him a few feet away.

Nothing worked!

"WAIT!" he exclaimed, seeing the death threads that began to fill his vision.

“DIE!” the Sun Lord spat directly as a palm of fire suddenly condensed in the sky and descended, giving Victor no chance to speak. He was so angry, that he just wanted to get rid of this bastard demon!

“Shit…” Victor cursed as he activated his X-ranked Heavenly Fire skill for the first time, fighting fire with fire!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooom

When the two attacks met, a huge explosion sent a shockwave, scattering everything around.

Despite that, Victor who was firmly constrained by the sun lord's powers was not swept yet away as he planned to.

"Shit!" He cursed as everything burnt… He had to resort to his last resort!

“HOW DARE YOU ATTACK THIS SEAT!” In a sea of flames Victor, who could only fight back, screamed as he pushed the flaming palm out with his own flames that were so strong that it ate at the lord's attack itself!

Victor had to confess, that this skill was really overpowered as his flames that could burn everything felt like an extension of his own will. He could control them freely to focus all their energy on the oncoming attack!
But still, despite all that… It was futile. The difference in strength between him and the sun lord was just too big.

“DAMN IT! JUST WAIT! MY FATHER WILL TAKE REVENGE FOR ME!” Victor screamed in desperation just as his Mana was about to run out. The skill consumed a lot of energy.

BANG!

The sun lord's palm landed, turning 3 entire square miles of land into a sea of lava.

Thankfully, no sun elves were hurt this time as it was outside the city where only lowly slaves lived.

The lord didn’t care about the damage as he slowly began to float in midair, carefully approaching where the demon was.

Looking at the remains, he smirked and relaxed.

On the ground, in the Lava, there was only a golden skill book and a scorched old cauldron floating in the middle of the fire.

Those were the drops from the vanquished demon!

Sorry for the delays, a a tough chapter to write!

Thanks for the donations!

Enjoy!

163