Chapter 2- Learning The Rules, and My New Life
3.4k 11 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stared at the pixie with displeasure "Are you telling me that I need to work for a wish?  A wish that I need to undo your screw up!"

"Well I, uh. You see..." She started to say, before being cut off by me.

 "Why do I need a wish at all?  Just undo what you did!" I demanded.

Suddenly she looked nervous again. "Well, uh, that would be against the rules. You see..." started to explain something but I didn't care so I interrupted again.

"Rules!! What rules! You fucked up so fix it even if you have to break the..." It was Tulip's turn to interrupt me this time.

The little pixie was had been sitting on my knee, sprang up and got in my face. Fury and fear both showing. "Don't you dare tell me to do that!! No! I won't break the rules! Ok!"

"And why not?" I asked through grating teeth. This was ridiculous, this bug sure had a lot of nerve. I waited for her to respond, and waited a little longer.   She had backed off a little and was no longer inches from my nose. The bug was just hovering in place, with her arm's crossed, and eyes closed. Why was she not answering? "Hey, I'm talking to you." No change.

When she finally did speak, she did so with a very calm voice. "Sorry for not answering right away. I needed to calm myself down before explaining, and would like to ask for your calm as well." This took me off my guard a little.

"Ok," I responded

She opened her eyes bright green eyes and looked into mine. Still keeping eye contact she hovered over to a pink 2 drawer nightstand beside the bed and landed gracefully upon it surface. She gave a sigh and continued. I sat and listened. "The Rules that I'm talking about are cosmic laws and enforced supernatural means. If I break The Rules, the punishment comes from a divine source and it won't just be me who gets punished, but you too."

This was alarming on more levels than one. "Me? why me? It was your screw up."

"I know." At this point, I could see the fear of returning to Tulips eyes although her body remained still. "The god's that created these rules really aren't going to care it's too small a problem for a being like that. if I did this for you, which I won't, as far as they would be concerned, you tolled me to break a taboo, and you would be just as guilty." Seeing the question in my eyes she then added, "Regardless of the surrounding circumstances."

Feeling desperate I just had to ask at least one more question. "Well assuming you pixies have been around for a while, you can't be the first to screw up like this."

She nodded in understanding knowing that I still wanted this fixed Immediately. "Yes, other's have also made mistake's, but it was the same for them. The next wish has to be earned no exception that is The Rule." She sighed again, she began to rub both sides of her head like she was in pain.

Concerned about my only method of ever returning to my old self again I asked. "are you ok?"

"I will be." She replied, then sat down on the corner. and sighed again "I'm losing my calm, It was magically induced you see, and after granting you that wish, then the emotional turmoil of my first ever wish turning out like this has left me more than a little drained."

I could tell. The look of emotionlessness was gone, and now she looked to be fighting off tears. There was something else however, something she said just now. "Did you say, first wish?"

She gave a weak smile "Yeah, you were my first." She scratched her cheek looking a little embarrassed. "You're looking at the new guy basically."

"Oh, that explains so much." Low blow I know, but if a small amount of mockery was all the satisfaction I was getting out of this then so be it.

She frowned at me. Then said, "Yeah ok, that's fair." She then spaced out her wings and flopped onto her back, giving a frustrated yell. "AHHHHHRGG, you were a two for one deal and everything!"

"Two for one?" I asked 

"Yeah, these guys I set you up with here. They were looking to have another child, and couldn't due to complications from the last time. I found them while crafting your new existence. Wishing with all their heart for a little girl to call there own. The boy they already had didn't seem too thrilled about it, but whatever."

"So I'm a little sister then." That could be trouble.

"Yep."

"So they know about you then?" 

"Nope."

"So you granted not one but two wish's without asking."

"Ha, well I guess." she sat back up and looked me in the eye. "but in my defense, I couldn't have talked to them in that state even if I wanted to. You see when a wish I granted we go into our own little dimension where time stop's and we can move through space quickly, so we can meet any conditions needed to fulfill the wish."

"and in my case, I needed a home. Correct?"

"Yep, you got it!" She let out yet another sigh and scratched her head." Look I'm sorry, I don't have any excuses, but I was excited about my first wish, and I stop thinking. I hope that once this is all behind us, you can forgive me."

I honestly didn't know what to say, but I did manage this "Yeah ok, we'll see." Silence passed between us for a while before I asked. "So how do I earn a wish?"

She looked away from me. I could tell she was thinking about something. "No not tonight." 

"HUAAAA!" I was stunned. I after everything, the crying and the I'm sorry's, she says no!

Before I could object further she raised her hand to silence me and expand herself. "I'm not being stubborn here or anything. I have my reasons. Two in fact." Her eyes were pleading with me to hear her out so I kept quiet. "First reason as I already said I'm tired and emotional which means unfocused, and for what I have in mind I need magic. The magic that can only be used by some who isn't unfocused."

This confused me. "But you use magic earlier, to calm yourself."

"Yes, and if you recall, I had to come over here to sit. Ordinarily, I would be able to hold a state like that for hours."

"Oh." Was all I could think to say.

"Yes. My second reason. You need to adjust, as much as you want this to be fixed now, it's not going to happen it's going to take time and your cooperation. The best way to start cooperating is to learn as much about your new life as a 9 year old girl possible. Before that, however, it's bedtime." 

"Bedtime? Why?" Great now I was being treated like a child.

As if reading my mind Tulip then said. "I'm not treating like a child or anything." She pointed to the window that was between the bed and the suitcase pile. "Seriously It's dark out and we could both use the sleep." 

I moved off the bed and to the window which was covered by, what else, pink curtains. Moving them over I could see that it was in fact dark out. Also the window sill was also painted pink. Seriously what is with this color scheme?! I sighed and closed the curtains. "Ok, I guess I am a little tired. What time is it exactly anyway?" I looked and saw no clocks. " I wish had my phone."

"Wish granted. check your pocket." Tulip's joke sounded very half hearted. 

"what?" I checked, sure enough, there were two pockets at each side of my hip at the dresses hem. Just as Tulip said the phone was there. also a hand purse?

"That would be your wallet." Tulip answered before I even asked "everything that belonged to you, or at least everything appropriate for a young lady, which was all clothing really, has been magically altered for your new life." she then nodded to the three suitcases in the corner behind me "Your clothes should be in those."

Before investigating the suit cases I had to ask. "so what I'm wearing right now?"

"Is your office suit." Tulip shrugged." Just, you know not a suit anymore."

I checked my former wallet for my ID card. Found it! I had a few thought when reading it.

Name: Rose, Lilyana, buttercup- Really? Lily Buttercup Rose, I'm named after three flowers? Who name's there kid this?!

Sex: Female - you're making me sad id card

Race: Asian- Well half, but took after my mother so you could never tell by looking at me.

Date of Birth: only correct from the standpoint of being someone who doesn't know any better. 

What got me most it the feel's was the picture. That was not me, not at all. I gave a sigh and put the ID card away. Then remembering why I had to check my pockets in the first place. Turning my phone on I saw the time was 10:30 pm. The Pixie was right it's late. I was in bed by this time even as a full grown man. Walking to the nightstand I Placed both my phone and my wallet that is now a hand purse, on the other side of where Tulip still sat. Then walked over to the suitcases, that apparently contained little girl versions of my clothes. I gave a sigh at the thought. I opened them up looking through one after the other. Top to bottom.

The first was full of shirt's, tank's, and dresses. The Shirt's and tank's where basically the same just miniature, and the dresses, I assumed was fashioned from my more formal attire. The second case was basically the same deal but with shorts and pants, and skirts. So that just leaves the third. Sure enough after opening the case it was just as I thought. My socks, underwear, and undershirt's all girlified. 

I grabbed a dark grey undershirt draped it across the bed, then stopped. The next step was taken off this dress, but how the hell do I do that? 

Suddenly I heard the buzzing of little wing's. Tulip flew around my head, and to the back of my neck. "There's a zipper back here. I'll get it." 

Ziiiiip. The dress loosened around my shoulders and after my arms were free from the short sleeves I let it fall to the floor, I then picked it up and tossed it into case number 1. 

Looking down at myself it was more apparent now then ever what had happened, the final nail so to speak. Not a hint of adult manliness anywhere especially where it mattered just white cotton panties. A sight that made me a little sad.

I slipped on the undershirt, then began to move toward the pink light switch between the pink door, and pink dresser. 

"No, I got it," Tulip said flying over to it.

"Oh ok, thanks." I didn't expect so my gratitude was genuine.

"Don't mention it. this is only the beginning believe me." 

What did that mean? I didn't pursue it, however, because then had thought that at the time seemed more pressing. "where are you going to sleep?" 

"Oh, up there!" She pointed just above the dresser, but there was nothing to see except the pink ceiling. "See look!" she flew up and over and disappeared.

"What!?" I asked in shock. to make it more confusing she then reappears but only half of her. "Ummm." was all I could manage.

She looked somewhat pleased with herself and a bit more like the cheerful woman I had met before finding out her mistake. "don't worry I'll explain this and more when we talk about earning your wish!" She then came completely out of where ever and flutter back down to the light switch. 

I got under the pink cover's and said goodnight. Tulip also wished me goodnight, then flipped the switch. Darkness took the room. Tulip had flown back upward and to where ever. Although I could not see her do it, I knew because of the buzzing noise she made when in flight. 

The only thing left to do was shut my eye's and go to sleep. Not until just now did I realize how tired I was. Sleep took me quickly.

 

 

61