Chapter 4- Monster’s, and Human’s, and Demon’s Oh My.
2.7k 27 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ok, you might want to sit down this is going to take a while." She said directing me to the bed. I sat and I listened to all of it. 

Now it took at least 2 hours to get through everything, but here's my summarized version. Long ago wishes were granted to humanity's greatest champions. A pixie or fairy, (the difference being fairies are the males of their species) would choose a worthy human as there champion. This champion would become a Magical Hero or just Hero for short, and the pixie or fairy who granted this mighty man or woman their power would become a mascot, supervising them as they fought to keep track of there Hero's every action, and judging each dead, as well as providing other helpful services when needed.

Not only did Hero's fight evil humans, but also actual fucking demons and monsters. All of this was for one purpose keeping the earth protected from the literal place called hell.

Where does earning wishes come into play? Wishes are simply currency for Magical Hero's. Each good deed has a value of 1, each evil person brought to justice by death or imprisonment is also worth 1. Slaying a demon or monster, on the other hand, varied depending on how powerful it was. Weaker demon's and monsters were ranked at 10 where strong ones were ranked to 100. 

There was a catch to this, however. Each wish cost 100 merit points, and after one is used the price doubles. So after your first wish, the cost went up to 200. Reach that goal and you were looking at 400. This has kept people from obtaining too much power too quickly. The fact that mascots had the authority to punish the Hero for misdeeds by removing points or outright killing the hero, also help curb mankind's natural power hungry tendencies from getting out of control.

According to Tulip that is how Hero's of old earned their wishes. I had two questions "So For this to go quickly I just need to find demons and monsters. Right?" 

She thought for a moment "Well yes, but the great hero Merlin sealed the earth off from it's connection to the Hell realm. So that would be very difficult to do. That was over two millennia ago, and unless you decline, there hasn't been any hero's since, so evil humans are the only targets available to you in this day and age."

"Right I have one more question." Something that has been bugging me for a while now.

"Oh, what didn't you understand?"

"Well, it's not something I didn't understand, but well, the flowers."

I had her confused "The flowers?"

"Yeah, and not just the wallpaper here in this room, but you and me too. Your Tulip, I am Lilyana, as in Lily, Buttercup, Rose. I sorry, but that name sucks.  I guess what I'm trying to ask is. Is there some kind of theme going on here?"

"PFFFF, HAHAHAHAHA." Tulip laughed and laughed  "Actually yes." she finally said between chuckles. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh, it's so basic yet I forgot all about it."

"Ok and that would be?" 

"My nature. All fey are born with an elemental nature or attribute, and it differs from one fey to the other my attribute, just so happens to be nature. Also, the nature attribute just so happens to have the most sub-attributes. Mine being flora, and when a fay, any fay, grants a wish, sometimes not all the time little glitches like this will happen."

After everything I've been through this weekend, what she just said for some reason was just to unbelievable. "Really? Your not pulling my leg here are you?"

"Oh believe me I wish I was, but I'm not." She looked a little embarrassed by the whole thing. "Look it could be worse, our fey historians have on record of a fairy, that was a mascot to a hero that used his wish to have a great palace built in his honor. Unfortunately, that fairy's sub-attribute was fire, and the whole thing spontaneously combusted during a party."

"So even if you did get my wish right, it could still have gone wrong?"

She still looked embarrassed by the whole thing. "Yeah I guess, but the odds of the glitch being that extreme are very low."

"So I'm not going to wake up one morning to find that I transformed into a dandelion?" I honestly had to be asked.

"Doubtful."

We stared at each other for a while before the thought of me as a dandelion made us both brake down into a giggle fit. Honestly, it was the first real laugh I've had since this happened, and it felt good. Something told me that it was the same for Tulip.

"Lily!!" Pinkzilla was calling "Your father is home! Come down and we can all eat dinner together." 

"Good idea." Tulip said, "By the time you come back I should have everything ready for you."

"What's there to prepare?" I was a little confused didn't this work like the way a wish did?

It was like she read my mind "Well this is nothing like a wish. It takes preparation, and like I said by the time you come back I should be done." 

"Ok, then be right back."

I went down the stairs. By the time I reached the bottom, my "father" was inside putting away his gun and badge. Wait? "your a cop?" I didn't intend to ask that out loud, but I guess I assumed he was some office worker or something.

He looked over at me and smiled "Yap, Detective actually." He said it with an embarrassing amount of pride, showing off for his new daughter I assumed. He then whispered, "You want to see my gun?" He then winked.

Wow, what irresponsible parent. Of course naturally, my response was. "Sure." I was an army ranger I could handle it fine. Not that he knew that. 

However, Pinkzilla put a stop that ASAP. "Hey honey I don't think so."

"Ha, I was only kidding." He then turned to me "Sorry kid looks like it's no go."

I just shrugged my shoulders as a nonverbal whatever. However, I found myself feeling a little bit of respect toward him. Therefore from now on, I dub thee, Sir Lethal Weapon.

The rest of dinner was uneventful. Lethal Weapon just wanted to know how my day went and if I was adjusting. Pinkzilla keeps going on about how much fun I was going to have at my new school. Yeah right.

After I went back to the pink room and opened the door I stopped dead in my tracks. I had no idea what I was looking at. "So, what?" There were circles and start within the circles. Were those runes I was looking at too? These were both on the ceiling and the floor. Tulip who was sitting in the middle of all of it noticed me flu up and urgently told me to come on in. I did.

"This is what's going to give you the power to earn a wish." She explained

That was not my concern. "This goes away right?"

Tulip looked taken back a little. "Does it matter?"

I looked her right in the eyes. "I don't want my new parents thinking their newly minted daughter is in here worshiping Satan."

Tulip seemed to get it now "Oh I see! Yes, these will go away no problem."

"Good."

"Now take off your clothes and get in the middle so we can begin." I did as instructed. 

Tulip began a chant. "dlorwhtoteceepgnirbdnallayortsedotrewopehtlaudividnisihtevigotnevaehnollaciwon." 

The magic satan lines began to glow, and I began to float. I was also feeling more and more uneasy about this as it went on. The lines suddenly came off the floor and ceiling and attached themselves to my body. I would like to say that it felt wonderful having that power forcibly injected into my body. It didn't, take it from someone who suffered from 3rd degree burns on the front line's, sure the scar was gone now thanks the pixie regressing me, but let me tell you I would have rather been burned alive then go thru this again. If Tulip had not used magic to soundproof this room you have heard my scream's for miles. This went on for what felt like forever. 

Finally, it did stop, and so did I.

 

54