Chapter 4: New World [2]
2k 1 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now, I should review the skills that I've practiced the past year.

[Military Fundamentals—Cultivation(purple)]

-A fusion technique from a purple ranked cultivation method of a certain sect and a purple-ranked Battle Aura Technique from a certain Dukedom. 

-The standardized technique of the Alliance's Military. The one of the techniques with the least amout of flaws in it, making it the strongest technique to build foundation. It strengthens the soul and the body of practitioner.

[Sword Willows(purple)]

-A fusion technique borne from several purple-ranked sword techniques. It's optimized to better contain the energy generated from the [Military Fundamentals—Cultivation(purple)].

--At the initiate-level mastery, it allows the practitioner to release 10 Aura blades with 'Sword Intent'. Every increase on mastery multiplies the maximum aura blades by 10.

[Silent Steps(purple)]

-A fusion technique born from a purple-ranked movement method from an ancient sect and the purple-ranked movement technique of a fallen dukedom.

-Optimized to better allow the circulation of the energies generated from the [Military Fundamentals—Cultivation(purple)]

-Currently at Initiate-Level Mastery. Allows the practitioner to move as fast as the wind(passive) and surpass the speed of the wind(active) for 5 seconds.

The Alliance is truly generous.. As I remember, techniques are ranked: White, Blue, Purple, Gold, Black Gold, Platinum, and Diamond.

They gave away a technique at the third rank very easily!

But my mastery though. It's too low. Almost 2 years and still at Initiate-Level Mastery? Even with all the tools to help me train, its still too slow.

Just like earlier, masteries are ranked as well: Initiate, Familiar, Experienced, Master, and Perfection.

With the technological items created here, such as the training lenses, I can basically practice all of the techniques downloaded, then it'll tell me of my error.

The lesser the error, the greater the mastery. Once you achieve 0% error, you're 100% on Experienced-level mastery already.

As for the <Master> and <Perfection>, you'll have to apply to the higher ups to join the class for that.

Looking at a high-tech looking box, I pushed the button on the center open.

[Fingerprint verified. Opening..]

What I saw is an armor—the exoskeleton only seen in games!

I tried to hold back my excitement, but I can't.

I spread out my palm on the white box at the center of the armor.

[Scanning complete.]

Since it's facing backwards, it opened from the back. As for how it opened..

So cool.

Its very similar to that one movie that I've watched back then. 

Entering the armor, it automatically closed on its own. 

I'm now inside it.. There are some panels here and there, but its quite similar to the ones in the games.

I moved outside the box and tried to move my body first. It's quite stiff. As if I had an arthritis, I can only move at my 60-70% normal speed.

What's strange is that when I moved my hands, its like I didn't put this armor at all. I can still move it Dexterously.

That's it. My trait activated even while wearing an armor.. So higher agility=Higher control? So should I upgrade my agility first?

Wait.

I first went out of the armor and contemplated. With my 17k exp, I can probably upgrade some of my stats..

But then, I can also just grow it naturally first before it hits the limit, which is C-. Doing so can save me more exp.

What about the traits and techniques? Can I use exp for them?

[You can use it to upgrade both. Traits for higher level effects and techniques for the derivation of stronger technique. You can also increase its mastery.]

So I can. Looking at them, I finally decided.

[Derive a higher-level technique from Military Fundamentals—Cultivation?]

[This action will consume 10,000 Exp. Continue?]

'Yes'

[Deriving. Derivation complete.]

After the derivation ended, new amounts of knowledge quickly entered my brain. Thanks to my experience from before, I bore with the headache.

[Military Fundamentals-Fundamentals(gold)]

-A fusion technique from a purple ranked cultivation method of a certain sect and a purple-ranked Battle Aura Technique from a certain Dukedom. 

--The standardized technique of the Alliance's Military. One of the techniques with the least amout of flaws in it, making it one of the strongest technique to cultivate in the early stages.

-Most of its flaws are removed while improving the technique. It strengthens the soul and the body of practitioner.

-Can be used until A+ Rank.

Its flaws such as its slowness due to it focusing on stability disappeared. It now has the speed and the stability at the same time.

 

From a 30 minute per cycle, I can now probably do 20-25 minutes per cycle!

Whoa, its the right decision!

Since this technique has one of the lowest flaws, coupled with the fact that it improved, makes this a very good technique! I guess.

What I mean by the lowest flaws is similar to drawing a stickman and drawing a portrait. Correcting your mistakes while drawing a stickman is easier than correcting mistakes when you draw a portrait.

I first tried it. Sitting down cross-legged, I practiced.

Guide it.. guide it..

Around 25 minutes later, I complete a cycle. Damn, who would've thought that cultivation is quite hard!

For the entire 25 minutes, I had to completely focus so that I can guide the Qi and Aura from the outside and purifying most of it while integrating the remaining to my body and soul. 

After purifying those energies, a new energy is born from the synergy of the two. It is then called the "Martial Force". It is the one used to unleash heaven-defying martial techniques such as sword techniques, spear techniques, bare-handed techniques, and so on.

It'll become easier as long as you give you entire focus on this. Some might find it easy, some might not. 

Since its more like a buy 1 take 1 instead of multitasking, its much more easier compared to cultivating 2 techniques at the same time. Though, its still quite hard for me.

Nevermind. I have to go out and do the patrols..

I first placed back my armor to the box while grabbing the mechanical sword on the table.

Carrying the box, I went straight to the city walls.

63