Chapter 15: Battle [4]
1.5k 3 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing 2 Boss-level characters floating in the sky, I am quite surprised.

The SS Rank Brain Worm, similar to the Infant Brain Worm, looks like a floating black brain with a 1km diameter. Tentacles are present in its gaps.

Meanwhile, the Old Muscular Man is just like what I've seen on my vision earlier. A wrinkled old man with a Military Cut and a Muscular Body to the point you'll wonder, "Isn't he old?!"

Learning my lesson now, I checked their panels.

[Xyphur(Mutated)]

Rank: SS

Latent Potential: SS+

Strength: S+

Agility: S

Stamina: SS-

Vessel: SS

Wisdom: SS+

Traits:

[Mind Control (LV7)]

[Mental Suggestion (LV6)]

[Fire Control (LV5)]

[Analysis (LV6)]

[Commanding (LV7)]

[Enhanced Senses (LV6)]

[Mind Acceleration (LV7)]

[Rebirth (LV3)]

[Kasch Brigen]

Rank: SS+

Latent Potential: SS+

Strength: SS+

Agility: SS

Stamina: SS+

Vessel: SS+

Wisdom: SS-

Traits:

[Bare-handed Mastery (LV7)]

[Stone Body (LV7)]

[Regeneration (LV6)]

[Commanding (LV6)]

[Heavy Hand (LV6)]

[Limit Break (LV5)]

[Strike Enhancement (LV6)]

What the.. Seeing those traits, I am quite speechless. SS Ranks in this world can acquire traits by fulfilling certain requirements, right. But what about my world?

Both my parents are at SS Rank, yet they only have 3?

Putting these thoughts aside, I skimmed through their traits one by one.

Oh boy, we're fucked up.

[Rebirth (LV3)]

-An exclusive trait of the Phoenix Race. Due to the zergs eating a phoenix with a royal bloodline, there's a very low chance of their offsprings mutating and receiving this exclusive trait.

-Once the vital signs becomes 0, you will enter the state of "Rebirth" to escape your fated death. The deaths on this trait isn't counted as "real death". The following effects will apply during the Rebirth state:

-You gain a new trait.

-Your latent potential goes up by one minor rank.

-your current rank will fall to 2 Major Ranks.

-Every time you enter a "Rebirth" state, the level of the trait increases by one.

-If the level of this trait becomes LV MAX, the trait disappears.

Yes, it's the most fucking annoying trait that one could find. Rebirth.

The zergs are so fucking resilient already, yet they have this too?!

As I still have [Decisiveness] activated, I didn't panic, but formulated a newer plan instead.

Since killing him is a no go, then...

****

'Only a minute left.'

Xyphur thought as he looked at Kasch, the SS+ Ranked Planetary Commander.

As soon as he arrives in this city, he had secretly manipulated 2 of the 4 S+ Ranks already. He only chose two to be inconspicious.

 As the others thought that they're safe due to the [Mental Energy Jammer] installed on the city which allows the nullification of mind control, they are dead wrong.

Xyphur's trait, [Mental Suggestions], is a mutated skill. Instead of the forceful approach of the [Mind Control] trait, [Mental Suggestions] is the complete opposite of that.

[Mental Suggestions] is a mind-type trait where you can control others subtly by putting suggestions inside their head. It is more subtle, thus it takes more time. The only advantage of it is that the [Mental Energy Jammers] won't work on them. 

He can also control those below his rank perfectly. Unlike the [Mind Control] trait that has a short duration, the [Mental Suggestions] can last for a day if the caster is at SS Rank.

To put it simply, its like a new virus that's able to bypass all current cyber security.

'It should be done soon.'

Boom!

Something exploded in the heart of the city. Stunned, Kasch looked at its direction, and only then that he found out that 2 of the 4 S+ Ranks are missing; that the remaining 2 will die in the next few minutes due to the fact that they're in a 2 v 4 fight.

"So you're a mutated type. It's been 10,000 years, but I didn't expect that a Brain Worm would mutate up to this point."

"Hm."

Kasch attacked with his knuckles, utilizing his Martial Force to unleash his techniques that can flatten a mountain easily.

Xyphur erected a mental barrier in regards to that, blocking its impact. He then uprooted a huge amount of soil on the ground, forming 10 mountains.

Xyphur let all 10 of them fall in Kasch.

[Mountain Breaking Fist]!

Kasch defended against it with his technique, [Mountain Breaking Fist], which can cause an internal damage to the target. In this situation, the mountains cracked from the inside.

"The assessment is now over, human. Now, die."

Xyphur used the time when Kasch broke the mountain to call his remaining subordinates, including the now 4 S+ Rank Combatants that 

he had controlled on the city.

4 S+ Rank Zerg and 4 S+ Rank Combatants. Zergs who focus in their trait more and the combatants who sharpen their techniques.

All of them attacked him at the same time.

Pzzt! 

Boom! 

Bang! 

Spew!

Spells, physical attacks, poison, and Martial Force/Nature Force techniques and spells barraged him. In the end, Kasch still endured it despite his old body.

"How resilient. But you'll still die."

As he spoke, a huge space crack appeared in the sky.

"Great one, let me finish cleaning up here first."

He spoke to someone inside the crack, but Kasch had no way knowing who it is.

Xyphur was about to order them to finish off Kasch, but a red streak flew in the sky, piercing him on his stomach.

"Kwaa!"

Surprised by the sudden pain, he shouted. At the same time, his control over the 4 S+ Rank Combatants were loosened to the point that they broke free easily.

"Commander!"

"Commander!"

Kasch, even though surprised by the sudden change, has a solemn face.

"The final protocol."

This time, it is the turn of the S+ Rank Combatants to get surprised. Without even waiting for them, Kasch flew to Xyphur.

As if decided, the four of them followed.

"WHO DID THAT?!"

With Xyphur's Mental Power, he can sweep through 1,000km easily. He then found out a Combatant wearing a Standard Armor for the Military; the thing that had pierced Xyphur returned to his hands.

"It's you!"

Xyphur, who's cautious, didn't let his guard down against the now freed 4 S+ Rank and Kasch even though he's angry at that person.

But then, it's his turn to be surprised. Turns out, all 5 Combatants actually has turned their Vessels unstable.

"You four, block them! Don't let them get too close!"

Knowing that they'll self destruct, Xyphur started to get away from them. But then, the spear pierced him another time.

"You again!"

This is the second time. The reason why he hadn't put him under his radar is that, he's too weak. Barely a B Rank, he can't do that much except use that spear.

Thinking that he had spent his reserves on that one throw, Xyphur focused more on the 5 self destructing combatants. Who would've thought that a powerful attack could be executed twice by a B- Rank!

Having his mind gripped with pain, he made a mistake, allowing all 5 of them to come near him. They are literally few meters away from him.

"Now!"

"Understood!"

"It's nice meeting you, everyone."

Bzzzz!

A blinding white light appeared on the sky, dyeing the whole planet white. Even the City Commanders had seen it.

Instead of an explosion, it's more like a "Bang!" on the Big Bang. Space cracked, an enormous energy is perceived, and so on.

"No!"

The man who threw the spear, Lugh, exclaimed.

Those 5 weren't informed of Xyphur's trait, as it happened too fast. That's why, they thought that their lives were worth sacrificing against a mutated Brain Worm that could affect the battle in the front lines. They didn't know that it was all for naught.

After some time, the white light disappeared. Nothing could be seen. That place had been riddled with space cracks; the area only having darkness.

But then, in that darkness, a flesh appeared out of thin air. It kept repairing himself until the flesh looked like a brain again.

"My precious extra life!"

Yes, it's Xyphur. He looked at Lugh, as if wanting to kill him, but he got sucked into the space crack from earlier.

Lugh, even before Xyphur revived, tried to use [Space Transfer], but to no avail. The space around him froze, and not only couldn't he use [Space Transfer]. Even he himself couldn't move.

A mighty Divine Sense came from the crack, targeting Lugh. He didn't have any moment to react before his organs ruptured and his soul dissipated.

At that moment, a very angry "will" was transmitted through that space, forcefully closing the crack.

The crack disappeared as if it never appeared in the first place. The whole area turned silent. It wasn't until long that a person appeared by using [Space Manipulation], a trademark of a Deity-Realm Combatant.

"What just happened here? What did they plan to do? Wait, you two?"

The man looked at Lugh's corpse, no, at the two armaments stuck into him.

"He's not dead yet? But his soul dissipate—The soul binding isn't broken? Wait, let's go back first."

Not wasting time, the man grabbed Lugh's corpse before disappearing.

56