Chapter 43: City [1]
1.3k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Master, the EX Rank who are coming into your direction are now beyond my Scanning range.}

If it's beyond her scanning range, it would be 1,500,000m away. This is roughly the size of Planet Aquamarine.

'Thanks, Xiao Song.'

When that EX Rank guy appeared out of nowhere and it was coming towards us, I already instructed Xiao Song to activate [Space Transfer].

Thanks to it being almost on 95% energy left,, we were able to travel for around 2,000,000m by spending most of it.

The energy left is just enough to keep the normal modules active.

"Aria, wear the Armor completely, quick."

"Ah—okay."

She was still flustered from moments ago, so she couldn't react that fast. Even though she looked confused, I just told her to do so.

When it comes to EX Rank beings, Master already taught me such things. One thing would be that, if the Stealth Module is good enough and it's just one level below the Combatant's Rank, it would be enough to isolate most of its Mental Sense. It would even be more effective if you're farther from ir.

Master told me this because.. his good old friend, the Heavenly Sovereign, discovered this method due to him hiding from enemies 1-2 ranks higher.

He said that this method would be effective below the Deity-Realm. That includes the EX Rank people as well.

After wearing my Armor completely, I am confident that he won't find us anymore.

Now that I recovered from my tense state, I naturally remembered the events moment ago. 

I.. now have a girlfriend.

I didn't feel embarrassed compared to before. I just felt happy.

"About earlier, I'm sorry that it's too sudden. An enemy is coming to our direction.."

"No need to say sorry.. You did it for our sake, right?"

"Right."

It seems that I'm still not used to our new relationship...

'Xiao Song, can you give me the direction of the place where people gather the most?'

{Understood. It's at..}

We began to travel towards the direction that Xiao Song had mentioned.

***

In a brand new Planet, what would be your first course of action? 

Of course, it is to gather information. By knowing more about this Planet, there will be higher chance of us returning back to Aquamarine.

That's why I've decided to go to the place where most people gather, as there's a high chance that it'll be a city.

When it's finally in sight, I knew that U was right. 

Similar to the Medieval Ages, they have ivory white walls. There's the Tower in each of the ordinal direction, which serves as a watch tower.

But then, it's not entirely built like a Medieval Ages city. There are high rise buildings, flying transportation vehicles, and so on.

What's the most eye catching thing would be.. the Dragons.

Ever since I've decided to observe this city an hour ago I've seen around dozens of Dragons taking flight from this city.

Though I've also seen some other races, Dragons are the most eye catching.

Just to be safe, I've decided to do the safer plan.

"Aria, wait for a while here. I'll be back for a bit."

"Un."

With that said, I went towards the lone carriage that went outside the city.

After I saw that it's just an ordinary carriage, with the horses having some scales, I decided to target it. I shouldn't provoke some troublesome people after all.

Thanks to Xiao Song, she determined that the one who's riding that is a single B+ Rank. Meanwhile, the driver is just a C+ Rank, making this an ideal target.

Flash!

I didn't make any noise as I stepped on top of the carriage thanks to [Space Breaking]. 

I climbed on the side of the carriage before opening the door. Thanks to my Stealth, that B+ Rank would only be able to see an invisible force opening it.

"Who is it?!"

When the B+ Rank saw that the door opened on itself, she pulled out something that is similar to a flare gun before she shot it.

Boom!

The flare gun is actually a Spell Storage! That's right, a Spell Storage is an artifact where a Mage stored his Spells. It can be used without Mana, so it's popular during emergencies.

Black Fireballs flew at me. Thanks to the size of the door, around 7 of them fitted on one go. 

Activating my [Space Breaking], I escaped from it easily.

Going back to the opened door, I went inside the carriage and held my hand coated with Aura Blade on the B+ Rank's neck.

"Audrey? What happened?!"

"Uncle!"

The door to the driver's seat opened, and he saw the packed Aura Blade on the B+ Rank's neck.

Seeing this, he should've known that there's an invisible intruder here.

"What do you want?"

The man cut straight to the crucial point.

"Information."

"Of what?"

"This Planet, the cities, everything. As detailed as you could."

Stunned by my requests, he affirmed.

"Alright. I'll drive the carriage on a secluded place."

After saying that, he strayed off the road.

This is my plan. I'll gather information from the ones who had left the City. It's too reckless to go straight into it without any preparations after all.

What if they ask for Identification? What if they're only letting someone of considerable status in? What if they charge entrance fees?

Reality is not like those novels, so I mist be prepared.

While the driver's driving us on a secluded area, I noticed my hostage. It's a girl, yep.

What's quite strange is that, she has these exclusive looking dress and various jewels.

Fuck. Did I choose the wrong carriage? Since it's no going back, I shouldn't leave any traces of myself later.

After we arrived at the secluded place, my interrogation began.

"Where are we right now?"

"In the Makid City."

"How many cities on the size of this are present?"

"10.."

"What should I do to enter that?"

"You would need.."

The man began telling me my long awaited information. Thanks to it, I had a better grasp of where we are in right now.

Planet Luminous. A Planet found in the Dragon Race's territory. It's just an ordinary Planet, but it's still found near the core territory of the Dragons.

This was supposed to be a normal Planet, but I must think so otherwise. Why would the EX Ranks gather here like ants?

In this new territory, I found a similar number of EX Ranks as the ones from moments ago. 

Withholding my curiosity, I finally asked the question that I'm itching to ask.

"You.. What's your identity?"

"A Driver of Duke Tennent."

"And this girl is?"

"His daughter."

Fuck. Do I have to go through this every single damn time?!

******

Author's Note:

Good Day! 

Starting from next chapter, I would only use the 3rd POV from now on. I find myself more comfortable when I write using that perspective.

Hope you have a happy reading!

50