Chapter 44: City [2]
1.2k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
As you've seen in the announcement at Alchemy Tower [1], it seems that I made a mistake and uploaded the advance chapter instead. Please do read this as it is the continuation of City [1].

Happy reading!

Audrey Tennent, the daughter of Duke Tennent. As a noble of the Golden Star Empire, she lived a sheltered life until now.

Due to her rebellious phase, she left the Makid City. She had an argument with her father, which led to her leaving the City.

Confident with the SSS+ Ranked Artifact, she left the City.

But, she hadn't expected that there would be someone who could escape from the gazes of the City Sentinels.

She had completely disguised her aura, thus it would look like there's no one inside this carriage. That's why she was so surprised when the intruder accurately felt where she is.

Her carriage was infiltrated quietly, so she didn't even have the time to react. When she asked for her Uncle, she had already torn of her disguise.

Thankfully, the things that the intruder had asked for were easy to give.

After he left, her driver Uncle and she had heaved sighs of relief.

"Audrey, did he do anything to you?"

"No..."

"That's good."

This event had taught her a lesson—to be more cautious. There are hundreds of carriages that exited from their gate, yet they were the one that got targeted.

"Audrey, we'll go back to the Duke."

"But.."

When she had an argument with her Father, it's not without reason. Due to their Human Empire being closer to the Dragon Race, there's naturally many marriages on their history.

Though, she hadn't expected that she will be the one who would experience it today.

"I'm sorry, Uncle."

Pak!

She knocked him off unconscious. She left him in the carriage before she started on her journey.

"I should escape this Planet first.."

Back when she was a kid, she found a jewelry on the library. It's just that, she didn't expect that it would be an SSS+ Ranked Artifact, something that only her Father's trusted aides could get.

That's when she had decided to hide her true power one realm lower. She had caught her Uncle off guard due to this.

"Where should I go?"

***

I really have this shit luck..

The one that I chose to be a hostage is the Duke's Daughter? Just how unlucky am I..

Though, I don't have to think of it anymore. When I left, there's no traces of me at all. Master also told me that the Deity-Realm Artifacts such as Xiao Song has the Karma Severing function.

It was thanks to this that I am confident on this.

Anyways, this Planet is really huge. Luminous Planet has 10 Big Cities and dozens of smaller cities.

The City on our sight is the Makid City. Thankfully, they didn't need things such as Identification there. As long as we had the money to pay the toll, we can enter.

That's why I stole some from the Duke's Daughter. I'll only be needing to spend it during the entrance, thus I am not that worried that it'll be tracked down to me.

As for the money matters during our stay.. I'll have to think of something...

I need some Ace Cards that could be used against EX Ranked Combatants, so the only choice remaining is to ask my Master about it. I don't mind me dying, but Aria is with me this time. She only has one life, thus this matter is of extreme importance.

"Aria, let's go."

"Un!"

I held her hand as we walked towards the City gates. As we got nearer, I saw the might of this City. Towering walls, the Sentinels, the packed runes on the defensive wall, and even the Gate Guards that has the strength of SS Rank.

We then reached the line of people that goes toward the gate. We had to wait for a while before it's our turn.

"The toll."

As a Planet found in the Dragon's territory, there's only two types of people managing it: The pure blood Dragons and the countless Halflings.

Realizing their deficiency when it comes to their population, a certain Dragon King changed the entire Dragon Race completely. He had many edicts in which the Halflings could rise if they have that opportunity.

I really felt interested when I heard this on the background History of this Planet from that girl.

After I gave the toll, which is the 2 silver coins of the Dragon's currency, he only asked us to put our Mana on that orb.

After I've put mine, there's no change to it. The same goes for Aria.

"You're clear. You may go."

"Thank you."

After we got through that gate, we finally saw the City on close distance. The huge amount of people that filled our sights, the buildings that did look reminiscent of the "Isekai" genre, and so on.

"We'll go find a place to stay on first. What do you want to do after that?"

"A date.."

Here it comes. Our first date will be on this Planet, it seems.

"We'll go on a date then."

I couldn't see her expression yet due to that damn Armor, but I bet that she's smiling right now.

'Xiao Song, can you read these?'

I pointed out towards the signboards filled with various language that I haven't encountered before, though I have an idea of what it is.

{Yes, Master. That's the basic Draconian Language of the Dragon Race. Do you want me to translate that to you?}

'Thanks.'

As I affirmed, the characters on these signboards changed. It became the general Human Race Language of the Zerg World.

"Let's see.."

There's quite a few inns here and there, but I have to choose one that would fit our current budget.

When I asked her about the various prices in this City, I concluded that I'll only need 20 Silver Coins for now. I don't want to offend that girl further.

In the off chance that she'll really discover me, at least she wouldn't be that angry. I know how coincidental this world works. It is evident when we got transported to this Planet.

Also, I only need to go back to Master to settle our current predicament after all. There's no need to rob her completely.

After choosing a good place which costed a total of 6 Silver Coins, me and Aria went in separate ways.

We're only starting a relationship, so it is completely logical that we'll be staying on different rooms for now.

Hm.. Even though the sun's only setting, I'll just go to the Other World earlier.

After changing Xiao Song into her nanomachines form and maximizing the [Entity Obfuscation] module of it, I left for the another world yet again.

44