Chapter 52: Date [3]
1.1k 1 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to the commotion that happened on the Commercial Street, The City Guards rushed as fast as they could, but they only arrived 2 minutes after the incident. This time, 3 S- Rank and 1 S Rank Guards came to apprehend the criminal.

Seeing that the criminal was already beheaded, the guards were bewildered. They asked one of the halfling who were staring at a man and woman couple.

"What did just happen? Why is the criminal already dead?"

"Ah-Lord City Guard. This happened.."

After the S Ranked City Guard heard the explanation, he finally understood what had happened. A strong man took action and finished the criminal in one strike. After hearing this, he went to the man.

'Law residues..'

Not taking into account the fact that he couldn't see through that man, but just the fact that he has the power of Law in his strikes meant that his trait had reached the law level. Not everyone could reach that level without good comprehension, thus each of them can be thought to have a good potential.

'Just in case, I should treat him as my equal..'

The City Guard Captain thought so.

Meanwhile, the other City Guards picked up the corpse and the bloodied knife before putting those two in a bag. They then stored the two bags in their storage rings.

"It's a self-defense."

The first thing that he heard from him is this.

"Yes, sir. You have many witnesses, and we're also the one to blame for your inconvenience."

"Then.. can we go now?"

"Ah? Sir, but what about your reward?"

"Reward? You have a reward for dealing with these kind of stuff?"

"Yes. It was implemented by the "Wisdom Dragon King" thousands of years ago.."

Thanks to the information that the Guard told him, Lugh knew more about the "Wisdom Dragon King" that reformed the entire Dragon Race.

thanks to the fact that the Will of the Civilization only blocks out other Civiliations with other Power Systems, the inhabitants of the entire Magic System was able to visit the different territories of many races within this System.

The Dragon King once visited his good friend, the famous "Golden Emperor", the past emperor of the Golden Star Empire. There, he saw the culture that the humans are used to. Seeing those, he was enlightened. He pushed forward brand new reforms for the Dragon Race, pushing back even those prideful old Dragons.

"Lugh, we should go there first. Don't worry about our Date."

As if she sensed Lugh's worries, she told so.

"Then, you'll be receiving us there."

Hearing this, the City Guard guided the two of them to their Military Area. It is right beside the Upper Area of the Officials in this City. Their Main Office is located in the center of this Military Area, thus they walked for 20 minutes before they arrived in this place. The Main Office is basically a core building where many Administrative Officials of the City Guards work.

After they arrived, the City Guard went straight to the receptionist.

"Captain Keith! What can I do for you?"

"The man behind me solved a Yellow-Ranked Emergency Notice. Go give him the corresponding rewards."

"Understood."

"Sir, please stay here for a while. The receptionist here will give your reward."

"Oh, alright."

After saying that to Lugh, Captain Keith went up the staircase before arriving in the 9th floor, the highest floor in this building. This is also the place where the higher ups of the City Guards reside.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Come in."

A clear voice resounded inside the room. After Keith entered the room, the first thing that he saw is the dignified face of their Guard Commander. Because she's a strict woman, many people in the City Guards feared her, yet many also admired her. Keith is one of those admirers.

Though, he's more discreet about it.

"Commander, we've got problem this time."

He summoned the bag containing the bloodied knife from his spacial ring. When they were walking towards the office earlier, it turns out that his subordinates gave it to him already.

"Cursed Armament?"

"Yes. Though its a weak one, the problem is how the criminal got it. He's a permanent resident in the City."

Cursed Armaments. The name says it all. It's an Artifact, but with curses. In general, Cursed Artifacts can make people stronger in a faster pace. The power spike that one could get from these items are no joke.

Though, everything comes with a price. Once you use it, the loss of sanity is only the basics of the basics. One of the worst things that could happen to the user is him degenerating in a bump of flesh—Cthlulu style. These are called "Abominations".

"Someone's aiming to create chaos in this Planet yet again. The ruins.."

More than 10 months ago, a ruin resurfaced in this Planet. Not only it is big, it's also a ruins of a Deity-Realm Dragon to boot. This caused many people in the Dragon Race's territory to flock in this Planet.

Of course, the ruling power also made its move. The Dragon Court sent more than 80 EX- to EX+ Rank Combatants just to guard the perimeters of Planet Luminous. They're also responsible for controlling the influx of people.

10 months ago, the Dragon Court completely controlled whoever could enter this Planet. As for the ones who had entered already, they aren't able to do anything to them except supervise their actions through the new batch of Combatants that they sent here. The City Lords remained unchanged due to the fact that they were the natives here. Since they were also under the Dragon Court, it makes no sense to change them.

"Commander, I think we should have a talk with 'him'.. With all the EX Ranked Combatants who guarded this Planet, its near impossible to enter with any malicious intent.."

"Were going to meet with the Old Man Oracle soon."

"Ah-Understood."

To be honest, this was not the first time that this incident happened. It happened many times already, but the City Guards weren't able to apprehend the culprit yet.

"Tomorrow morning, you'll be going with me."

"Me? A-alright."

After talking about some more business-related stuff, Keith left the room.

***

"I'm sorry about today. Did you enjoy it?"

"Un! No worries. That was unexpected after all."

Lugh and Aria are going back to their inn right now. Due to the Afternoon incident, their Date was delayed for around 3 hours. It was only up until Lugh received the renumeration of 25 Gold Coins did they leave the office.

After they separated on their rooms, Lugh began planning for their future plans here.

"30 Gold Coins.. It should be enough for a while, but I should also take this opportunity to strengthen both me and Aria."

With the Cultivation Jellies, she's fine in regards of Panacea. That just leaves her with the Arrays that could help her enhance her cultivation speed.

"Arrays.. Legacies for Arrays, huh. I will check later. [Panel]."

[Lugh Austere Bayer]

Rank: S-

Latent Potential: C-

Exp: 5,360,000

Strength: S-

Agility: S-

Stamina: S-

Vessel: S-

Wisdom: S-

Traits:

[Dagger Mastery (LV5)]

[Dexterous Hands (LV5)]

[Sword Mastery (LV6)]

[Decisiveness (LV4)]

[Sixth Sense (LV2)]

[Poison Body (LV1)]

[Damage Offset (LV4)]

[Stone Skin (LV3)]

[Resilience (LV2)]

[Spear Mastery (LV2)]

[Evil Eyes (LV2)]

[Darkness Control (LV4)]

[Demon God Physique (LV1)]

Thanks to his all new Offensive Training, Lugh kept getting hurt more and more. Due to that, his Resistance-type Traits had risen without any EXP spent.

He also upgraded the Darkness Control from LV2 to LV4 with a total of 3M EXP. Just like the status below S- Rank, the Levels below the Law Level(LV6) are quite easy to upgrade. That is, with the exception of the Demon God Physique.

"Control-type talents spends a total of 8M EXP from LV2 to LV5. The same goes for the Weapon Masteries. Though, that Demon God Physique really is an exemption.."

From LV 1 to LV2, it needs 5M EXP right off the bat. With the EXP that he had earned, its not enough.

"Let's put this aside for now. I'll just go back first."

With a thought, Lugh went back to the Zerg World.

48