Chapter 74: Frontline [4]
746 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You can call me Irna. Main weapon's a warhammer. This elegant demon is Light. He uses a a Spear."

"Nice to see a fellow man of elegance here."

"Mn."

This time, Lugh decided to reveal a part of his [Demon Dragon God Physique] to show his demon appearance and aura. It would be troublesome to explain later once he leaks some of it, so he took the initiative to reveal it. That's also the extent of what Demigods can detect to him.

As for the Deity-Realm Combatants, the circlet that his Master gave him is enough to shield off their Divine Senses.

'A demon named Light? The intricacies of the world..'

"This lady here is Xiu Meili. She uses a Great sword, but she can also serve as our support."

A beautiful lady wearing a cultivator's outfit smiled and waved at him across the table. Her long black hair and her ample chest that is outlined by the outfit highlighted her gentle aura even more. If she wore a school nurse's outfit, she'll definitely be popular among the boys.

'She uses a greatsword, huh? One shouldn't judge too early in this world.'

"This easygoing guy here is Maen. He uses daggers."

"Hello!"

As if nothing happened, he greeted Lugh with a smile. This Beast Race is very unusual, it seems.

"This big guy here is Igarashi Kaede. As you can see, she's a bit shy, but you can rely on her defending us."

"G-greetings."

Just like what Irna said, she's a reliable tanker. If a person who wears a chunky Armor even on a conference room isn't a reliable defender, then who is?!

'The Defender-Type Series.. Even on its minimized form, its still big. It's more than 7 meter tall.'

As a part of the Defender-Type Series, it naturally has many modules to match up its size. Beam Weapons are the basics of the basics. It has a special shield dedicated to them, a view without any blind spots, advanced danger sensing module that is only inferior to traits such as [Intuition] and Sixth Sense], and most importantly, their ability to generate energy shields on their radius.

That's what made them special. It's focused on defending its teammates and itself during battle.

"Lastly the twins Gael and Kael. They serve as our support, with their specialization being Panacea Making."

""Hi, Mister.""

'I'm only more than 70-oh wait. I am that old already?'

His age aside, they both look like kids. They have these eyes that are the color of the starry sky. Not only that, they also have this bluish-black hair. With these characteristics plus the eyes of his Master, he knew of their identity.

"Star Race?"

"Yes-"

"-That's correct."

The twins took up half of the sentence and said so.

"Now that you've introduced yourselves formally, it seems unfair if I don't do so."

With a smile, Lugh smiled and started talking.

"I am Lugh Kerr. The Sword Fanatic's disciple."

***

"Our Race's Supreme Commander-"

"-Is THAT cool?"

"You're right. Every time he teaches me with a serious look, he looks cool the most. If not for the fact that he always lives in seclusion, he might've been chased by so many girls in this world."

After each of them had formally introduced themselves, they had a mission briefing. They had the free time to talk after that. Surprisingly, the first ones who initiated a conversation. Lugh had underestimated just how famous his Master is to his race.

After all, he had to guard the front lines at all times; the reason why he had the time to manipulate his clone and teach Lugh is that the zergs had been peaceful. Of course, the reason for that is their invasion of Lugh's World.

Anyways, this didn't change the fact that the younger generation of his race didn't have the chance to meet him. They only saw him in records, physical art, and the likes.

"As I didn't have the chance to meet another man of elegance for some time, I've hit a bottleneck. Will you have a duel with me, Lugh?"

Light suddenly said to Lugh. Recalling the characteristics of the Demon Race in this World, he understood. They had a belief that they'll get stronger the more they fight. That's why they're a pretentious battle maniac in this world. They inherited the pretentiousness of the normal demons too.

"Sure."

Lugh didn't have the chance to fight with someone else of this world, thus he accepted. How could one call his daily thrashing with the projection a fight?

"Alas, here we go again. Will he fight every single demon that he meets?"

"Let Light fight to his content. I can just heal him later."

Both Irna and Meili said as if they're now used to it. After all, they had been teammates for as long as 10 years. Even so, they're considered relatively new to the front lines. In this meat grinder place, it's already very lucky for one to be reassigned away from the front lines after suffering from a serious injury.

Meaning to say, Team 7 are lucky enough to stay as a team for 10 years. Considering that they didn't swap a single member, it can be said that they're astounding.

Thankfully, the base they are in has a training room. Both of them had changed to the training attire even before they came here.

After they've arrived, some soldiers who are sparring there paid attention to them. Mainly because of Light, because he's infamous enough in this base.

"Isn't that Light? Fighting again?"

"His title as a Crazed Spear Demon isn't for jokes."

"Light!"

While others talked about him, a muscular human that has a huge build called out to him. He has the buzz cut that is famous on Lugh's World, as well as the standard training suit that are provided by the Military.

"Kahn. How have you been?"

"I'm not doing fine these days.. I couldn't find a new opponent."

"Lucky you. He had just arrived this day."

"Him? He won't be able to fight me."

"You still haven't understood the true essence of learning by fighting, I see."

"To learn by fighting, one must be at my level so that I can learn something!"

"You'll see."

For Light, every fight is valuable as long as he doesn't outclass his opponent. Even by fighting enemies weaker than him, he can learn new things.

After going into the corner of the huge training room, the two began distancing themselves. Meanwhile, the rest of their team watched them from the distance.

"Who do you think will win?"

"Light. Even if he supresses himself to the Law Realm, he has a huge experience when it comes to real battles."

"What about you, Kaede?"

"I-if we go by the standard inference, Light will win. Still, w-we haven't seen Lugh's true capabilities yet. Data alone can't prove it."

"Hey, why aren't you asking me?!"

"Why would an idiot's guess matter?"

"You-Light will win. I'm sure of it."

"You said so. We'll see later."

Not long after, they finally clashed.

32