Chapter 75: Frontline [5]
726 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Light had suppressed his realm to Law-Realm(SSS+), he didn't use his embryonic domains. Still, he had the experience matching him up.

Unfortunately, Lugh is just as experienced, if not more, as him. His repeated deaths flashed in his head before they first clashed. He got ready to unsheathe his weapon...

Clang-!

Lugh's charged attack with his [Blade of Extremity] aimed towards Light like a comet, but he managed to redirect most of the damage away from him. Still, he suffered some damage.

'He still has his Law Body. That's why the suppression fights in novels are nothing but bullshit.'

Even though he suppressed himself, the fundamental strength of Demigods, their Law Body, wouldn't disappear all of a sudden. It is important to know that Law Bodies are the ones responsible for enhancing the overall combat power of a Demigod.

With a flick, he suddenly appeared in front of Lugh and thrusted his spear at him. Due to the length of the blade, Lugh chose to form a barrier made out of darkness. With the help of Heaven's Force, the computation of spells can be omitted. One could easily control elements out of their own will, as if they're the world itself.

Not wanting to lose, Light manipulated his own Nature's Force to form 5 light orbs. It flew at Lugh and managed to break the darkness barrier. Seeing this chance, he charged up the tip of his silver spear with Heaven's Force. That's right, Light is also a Heaven's Force user that has a weapon mastery trait and a control-type trait.

Golden shackles appeared out of thin air and targeted Lugh. Just like what it had done to the Stone Bug in the past, it entangled Lugh until he couldn't move. This is also the time when Light decided to unleash his attack, a black orb, at Lugh.

Zoom-!

Like a black hole, it devoured the surrounding space. This phenomenon is similar to that time when 5 S+ Ranks and 1 SS+ Rank self-destructed. Strangely, it should've caused a much larger damage, but it didn't. The damage was kept to a minimum.

This is the effect of the training area they are in. With the help of Deity-Realm Combatants, they made this.

<36 Heavenly Constellation Steps>!

Suddenly, an attack came flying behind him. Lugh, who had used it to avoid that attack, sheathed his blade before performing another charged attack. It was only thanks to his understanding of <Heaven's Suppression> was he able to get away from the golden shackles. Since Light had fired off that mini black hole just when he's about to be shackled, Lugh avoided it.

At this moment, he had used around 30% of his reserves. Still, he had many trump cards not yet used by him.

"I knew it."

The moment he sensed the attack, he used his other control-type trait, [Space Control], to escape from it. After getting some distance from him, he prepared a yet-another flurry of spear attacks in thin air. Surprisingly, he predicted that Lugh would choose to have close combat with him.

A spear and a blade clashed, making some noise in the training room. Here, they showcased their understanding of their weapon. Since a LV8 [Sword Mastery] wouldn't be able to beat a LVMAX [Spear Mastery], he quickly fell into a disadvantage. Still, it's many times better than when Lugh trained with that projection.

Even though there are others who are sparring, they chose to watch their fight instead. They thought that they'll be able to see the Crazed Spear Demon fighting against someone of his level, but they were disappointed to see that it's someone weaker than him.

"If that guy keeps this up, he wouldn't last long."

"This is brute force in the first place. I can't understand why are these Demons even fighting those weaker compared to them."

"The Crazed Spear Demon would win without suspense."

They started to pour out their thoughts after observing for a while. Just as they were about to leave, they witnessed an interesting scene. Thousands of sword phantoms were suddenly summoned by Lugh. He is about to execute the combo that his Master had taught him.

Why didn't he use those Aura Blades? It's simple. Wild Beasts and intelligent beings are vastly different. If they see a strange attack, the first thing that they would do is to dispell or counter it. If they weren't able to, they would just avoid it. Sometimes, it's a combination of both.

Meanwhile, Wild Beasts wouldn't care about those. If they see it as weak, they'll let it be.

"Your Master's Sword Phantoms.."

Light is busy dealing with the sword phantoms that were coming at him. Some were at S+. while some were at SSS+. Due to this random pattern, he had to defend against them by using the same force. Though, he still has the advantage.

'What is he planning?'

This time, Light thought. All Lugh did is to send these sword phantoms at him. If this continues, his reserves would run out. It would be Light's victory by then.

Swooosh!

"Wait.."

As the enhancement from <Dance of the Sword God> became stronger, Light finally noticed it. By using some sort of technique, Lugh was able to enhance his power, accumulating it!

Seeing this, he tried his best to break through the sword phantoms. The sword phantoms, which is actually forming a sword formation, became a huge sword after the countless sword phantoms merged with the remaining sword phantoms.

"I see.."

Some sword phantoms distracted him, while Lugh formed a huge sword with a sword formation. After that, he'll still be able to attack with the accumulated strike. It is a truly well-made plan, or so Light had thought.

With that said, he became serious. Instead of releasing his suppressed power 'unintentionally', he began to utilize a spear technique. When the crowd saw this, shock became quite apparent to their eyes.

"Wait.. Isn't it the <Light Demon's Spear Art>?! He's using it?"

"Seeing what the newcomer had done, only by using it would he be able to defeat him. The newcomer is actually awesome."

"How did he even control the sword formation in the first place? He's in the midst of using another sword technique on top of that."

The answer to that question would be: fixed memory. Ever since his Master taught it to him, he practiced it daily, in the span of 30 years. With his comprehension, he is now able to perform it almost perfectly.

Boom-!

When Light had fully performed that technique, he absorbed enough energy on the surroundings. the three energies Mana, Qi, and Aura filled his body along with his spear. In short, he got an overall improvement with that skill. But..

"It's just the beginning."

His Mental Power was thrown into the mix, causing him to have a stronger momentum. He went against the huge sword phantom head on and thrusted his spear against it. Of course, the huge sword phantom flew at him too.

Crack!

The huge sword phantom had a crack due to that. As if thinking that it's not enough, he slashed at it and made a flurry of spear attacks. After withstanding it for some time, it got destroyed. At the same time, Lugh finally unleashed the charged strike with almost 750% enhancement, along with the enhancement that <Blade of Extremity> had brought.

In an instant, Lugh teleported in front of Light again, but with his blade coming straight at him. Thick sword intent filled it, along with the huge amount of power present there. Of course, Light just smiled and took it head on.

This time, his Silver Spear became the color of the space. Its power is evident as one could feel the Spear intent on it. It clashed with Lugh's charged attack, creating a huge impact. The residual laws from their attack caused an aftershock, causing others to be affected by it. Though, the Demigods weren't.

They saw clearly that...

Lugh is kneeling, with Light's Spear in front of his neck. At this moment, Lugh's [Resilience] had activated again with the 2x multiplier, which just meant that he didn't suffer any severe injuries due to his resistances.

"Light!"

"I'll be bringing him to the Medical Room first."

After saying that, he disappeared. Some others were shocked as they didn't expect a SS+ Rank to be able to create this huge scene. He was even able to force Light to use his signature Spear Art!

"That newcomer.."

"He's awesome."

This day, Lugh's first spar ended up in him losing.

30