Chapter 82: Clean-up [2]
608 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"He's fine for now."

Seeing his injuries heal at a visible rate, Audrey calmed down.

"Thank you."

"Mn."

After Lugh replied, an awkward air appeared. Both knew that they couldn't find a common topic to talk about, thus this happened.

"Let's go to a safe place first."

It would leave a bitter taste in his mouth in the off chance that the one that he saved winds up dead, so he decided to take them to the inheritance grounds.

'Miss Alina.'

'I'll open the space passageway. Where are you.. Here it is."

A white pillar of light appeared in front of them. As this place is a forest, it became quite eye-catching. Not wasting any moments, Lugh carried the injured boy and grabbed Audrey to the space passageway.

"Ah-eh?!"

She was surprised that the surroundings changed in one step. A moment later, the space movement sickness kicked in. She became quite dizzy all of a sudden.

Thankfully, she was able to stand on her ground after 5 minutes of sitting. With her now A+ Rank power that far surpassed a normal human, she was able to do so.

Meanwhile, Lugh arranged for them to stay on Alina's room; there wasn't any available rooms left. As for Alina, she transformed herself into the mature woman form that she has.

Once again, she thanked Lugh.

"Thank you very much. I don't know how should we repay you.."

After all, not only did he save her companion, he also brought them into a very safe place. Ever since the zergs invaded, they've always avoided their pursuit. With the kill-all order, no one would be spared. They're always vigilant and alert during those dangerous times, so it was mentally taxing for them, too.

"No need to repay. This is my payment for that info a year ago."

"A year ago.."

"Anyways, just think of it like that."

Audrey didn't respond to him. She didn't know what to say. Just when she'll say something, he disappeared. Meanwhile, Alina appeared on her human form.

"I didn't think that he'll bring in someone here."

"We're very sorry for intruding."

"No, it's fine. You should be from the Golden Star Empire, no?"

"I am. How did you know, senior?"

Even when Alina restrained her aura, Audrey knew that she's someone that one should look up. She even has a guess as to where they are right now.

"Only the humans from the Golden Star Empire are allowed in the Dragon Race's territory. Since you're a pure human, you should be from there."

"I see."

She went silent after that. Now that she has the leeway to relax, she thought of herself from the past. To sum it up, she's a spoiled brat.

Her parents dearly loved her, she always has those servants.. She grew tired and complacent on what she has, so she sought for the things that she doesn't have.

Exploring alone, entering a ruin, slaying beasts.. She thought that all of those will be fun, but reality gave her a slap. After she got separated from her father here, she encountered many dangerous instances where she almost got severely injured by those wild beasts. She also has to do everything herself, including setting up a camp, putting up alarms, always being in alert, and so on.

Just when she' about to return to her father due to her being fed up, the zergs invaded this planet. She couldn't go to the city since it was attacked first, so she ran away even further. Her stress and tension piled up even further, making her cry before she sleep every night.

Though, she found a companion later on. As if it was due to the stroke of luck, it is none other than her fiance, Cade. Thanks to that, the burdens that she has to carry herself decreased significantly. She now has a comrade to switch on night watch, making her days better.

She wished that this would continue, but the thing that she feared the most happened; Cade got severely injured. She knew that this would eventually happen, for they fight. That's just how dangerous fighting is. One wrong move will kill you.

In the end, they were saved by Lugh, something that she didn't ever imagine.

"Where.."

"Cade!"

Audrey got startled, but it was instantly replaced with joy and relief.

***

'A duke's daughter and a boy from the dragon race's high echelons.. I always get a gift from this world, huh.'

Influence. To change the future of his world, this is the thing that he needs the most. It would grant him not only the resources, but also the power to change the majority. If he can make them be on guard against the zergs, it would be a huge plus already.

'There they are.'

His thinking was interrupted when he finally arrived at his destination. In this seemingly normal cliff, dozens of Law Realm and 3 Demigods are hiding.

He teleported directly inside it. Since they've made the inside of the cliff hollow, it became a suitable base for them.

"Who are you!"

In the instant that their senses had detected him, they instantly surrounded him and pointed their weapons at him. Lugh, who is busy reading their panels, did not respond quickly.

Seeing this, they decided to restrain him first. They all attacked from all directions, all at the same time.

Weapon Laws and Elemental Laws flew at his place, making a resounding explosion in this cliff. Of course, they didn't forget that the protection spell of their hollow base is not that strong, so they restrained their attacks first.

To their shock, Lugh appeared from a different location and evaded all of their attacks.

"No spacial fluctuation, no dimensional fluctuation. How did he?!"

"I did not come with malicious intent, Mr. Laurent."

"Sir!"

Laurent along with the other 2 Demigods appeared in front of him. They've hidden themselves before, but it was useless to Lugh, who has Xiao Song's [Domain Detection].

"Then, what did you come here for?"

Laurent, the man with the long black hair, spoke.

"To provide you an opportunity."

"Opportunity?"

"An opportunity to escape this place."

"Elaborate more."

The talks between the two started.

31