Chapter 121: Resolution [1]
378 9 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the fight, Vaune immediately left the ring, not minding the cheers of the audience.

"Hey."

"Commander?!"

I teleported back immediately to him. Without further ado, I left the venue with him.

Though, I found out that a huge purple barrier already spread out the moment I tried to leave.

"We're still late."

"What's happening?"

"Hah. Some group's out for you three."

I told him the general information that I found out just today. I assumed that they're already targeting him due to the fact that he can improve that much in a single battle.

Like, who wouldn't get curious when someone permanently improves by one level so easily?!

"Lena!"

"Wait, calm down. Think rationally."

"W-what do you mean?"

"They planned to get you at the last minute. Did you show any affection towards her when both of you entered here?"

"No."

After sticking together on the bus, he managed to let her give him some distance. This means that only their classmates know of their relationship.

She won't be used as a hostage for now.

"Where was she last time?"

"In the waiting room."

"Number 005?"

"Yes."

I scanned the venue with my [Space Control] before I found Waiting Room 005. Without further ado, I used <<36 Heavenly Constellation Steps>> together with [Space Control], greatly enhancing it.

"Vaune!"

The moment we stepped into it, Lena shouted in surprise before hugging him.

'Spreading dog food right in front of me...'

Well, I'm not the one to complain. If Aria's with me right now, we'd definitely do the same.

"Alright, we have to go."

"Who is he?!"

Surprised that someone else is inside her, she immediately tensed up.

"Lena, he's my Commander."

"Commander? Him?"

She stared at me again, but this time with confusion and interest.

"Ahem. There's no time."

I went closer to the two of them before teleporting away. Sometime later, a vague man entered the room.

"They were here a moment ago. Strange..."

I watched the Primary Transcendent through my [Space Control] until I saw him leave.

"Mister Jikel."

After I called out to him, Mister Jikel appeared in a white t-shirt and black pants. Since we're near the guest seats right now, we can see the conspicuous room above, in which the two Primary Transcendents reside.

"Let's do it."

"Alright."

The invisible purple barrier outside is quite sturdy. In terms of sturdiness, it could match a peak Mid-Rank Deity. It would take one a couple dozens of attacks before they could break it.

However, the Deities born in the Alliance isn't to be underestimated.

On his fists, a black glove with metallic-knuckles appeared. It started glowing, as if resonating with the world, before Mister Jikel let go of its power, unleashing a devastating attack.

Boom-!

The purple barrier became visible to everybody else as cracks appeared on it.

Meanwhile, the fluctuations that it caused alerted the two Primary Transcendents who are responsible for guarding this venue.

"Enemy attack?!"

"Call for reinforcements!"

Both of them gave out their respective orders before flying to the sky, which is still blocked by the purple barrier.

"This power... It's those bastards again! Life Crown Organization!"

Suddenly, three Primary Transcendents launched their attacks at them. Fortunately, they were very vigilant enough to not get severely injured.

Though, the people in the audience seats were a different matter.

Because they were caught completely unprepared, the aftermath caused them the biggest damage. Humans, seats, and various different things flew outwardly due to it.

Swooosh!

Just as they were about to be smashed into mushed flesh, an invisible power caught all of them, lessening the force before dropping them to the ground.

"W-what is that?"

"Mom!"

"S-shit. T-those terrorists..."

Due to the sudden shock that they received, the normal folks ended up shivering, while the stronger ones recovered after a few seconds.

"Life Crown Organization? Isn't that the one in the news lately?"

"Ye-hiccup. T-they major in k-kidnapping ge—hiccup—niuses and dissecting them."

One man who couldn't stopped trembling explained it to his friend.

"Human experimentations. Tsk."

Captain Jikel's adverse reaction is very reasonable. The Alliance faced a very strong enemy, so how could they even do this in spite of that?

If they did, they'll become the common enemy of every living being in the World.

"Should we do them a favor?"

"Well..."

As Captain Jikel asked, I fell into deep thought. It should be alright, considering our power. It's just that... I'm not too used to willingly involving myself in such trouble.

Wait, this works too!

"Sure. But, let's do this first..."

I told him my plan, shocking the other two beside us.

"This..."

"It's good!"

They murmured in low voice. As for Lena, she was even more inclined to do my plan than Vaune. After all, this will divert the danger from him.

When we leave, he'll be left with himself to fend for these Transcendents, which is a disadvantaged fight.

Lena and Vaune are both sharp people, so I think they know what I meant by doing this.

"Then, I'll see you later."

"Good luck."

I saw him disappear quickly to his destination, the barrier.

***

'W-who? Are they aiming for me?'

Eve Norden, the daughter of the Norden Group, one of the most influential corporations in this star system. With more than dozens of Primary Transcendents and an unknown number of Intermediate Transcendents, they're someone whom one couldn't mess with.

As the daughter of such a group, it is reasonable for her to have an Intermediate Transcendent as a guardian. In this star system, there's no Advanced Transcendent, thus the Intermediate Transcendents were the main force here.

Today, one such individual died.

"G-go!"

With his last power, Eve's guardian sent her away by breaking layers of space.

Fortunately, the purple barrier broke into countless particles by the time she flew out, achieving her guardian's last goal.

With no one left to protect, he became brazen.

"So it's you all... The reason why we suddenly received pressure from god knows where."

"Heh. You two, go catch her. I'll finish him."

"No, you don't!"

Flame started appearing so suddenly in the surroundings. By the time it stopped, it covered the entirety of the small battlefield!

"No good, this old man's Field is about to blow up!"

The three of them tried to escape hurriedly but they couldn't.

"It's been a pleasure serving you."

A resounding explosion occurred, obliterating nearly one-eighth of the venue. At this moment, silence dominated this area as only the crackling of the inextinguishable flames remained.

17