Ch 2: Classes
10.1k 10 194
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"They attack us from the west, raise your swords, it's time to fight!"

"Die!!"

The heroic cries were immediate. Either because of the alcohol or because of their experience, all the men took their swords and began a fierce fight with the robbers.

Initially, I drew my sword to accompany them, but then I saw how the thieves began to arrive one after another. Of the people in the carriage, only four of them have battle-related classes, while the others seem to only know the basics.

"Hahaha! A thief died! I hope he had a bounty on his head!"

"Keep dreaming; you killed him too easily!"

The passengers fiercely fought the robbers with great force and fervor.

But the thieves outnumber us. I know, thanks to the map and the dozens of red dots that are approaching us… we are destined to lose this battle.

'Should I run or fight?'

If I escape, then I'll have to run blindly in this darkness, even if a monster appears and I have to fight it. In this place, insect-type monsters, specifically mantises, appear. Its legs are incredibly sharp. If it were daytime, I would have a chance, but now that it's night, it's impossible. Death assured.

If I fight here, then my body would slowly suffer injuries. Even losing a limb is possible. Thanks to my parents' training, my battle potential is 3 or 4 people. But if I show such ability, they will simply send more thieves to deal with me... With my last breath, I would see a sword piercing my heart and the memories of my life appearing before my eyes. Death assured.

'I have no choice, damn it! At least let me pick something that won't lead to certain death!! Hmm… Death? Didn't I escape death just a few seconds ago? I know what to do!'

'[Reset Status Points]'

[Luck= 49]

'All luck!'

At that very moment, I felt the same slowness as today in the carriage, and not only that, but Drunk Lvl 3 complicated things even more…

I feel like my thoughts slow down, and my body feels heavy. Plus, the relaxation from alcohol makes this feeling incredibly pleasurable. Just like doing drugs!

My thoughts quickly became more random, to the point that, when one of the thieves or passengers died, the worry only lasted a second before I thought of something else.

'Everything felt so slow…'

1 hour later, Drunk Lvl 3 effects wear off.

Since that abnormal effect was coupled with the drastic change in my status, I vaguely remember the fight. The only thing I'm sure of is…

"The result was mutual death. Whether due to their efforts or due to my 49 points in luck, the passengers managed to kill all the thieves, but... at the cost of their lives."

I approached the site of the fight. There, only their belongings remained, and all their corpses disappeared. In this world, not only monsters, but humans also disappear into particles of light, leaving only a stone behind.

For humans, that stone is called [Remnant] while for monsters it's called [Loot]. The only difference between the two is that humans will always drop a white-colored stone, while monsters will drop different items.

[Remnant]

[Joaquin] [Warrior Lvl 17]

That's the same man who asked me if I was alright. Thanks to him, I was able to adapt to the other passengers and get along with everyone.

"Haa" I sighed.

'If there was any chance of survival, then I would have fought them, but I'm afraid I'm only still alive due to my Luck attribute.'

I picked up all the white stones on the floor. Then I went over to the campfire and threw a branch into the fire. The flame flared up once more, illuminating tens of meters in all directions.

'I do not feel sleepy at all.'

***

The next day

I kept all the white stones in two sacks. One belonged to the passenger’s stones, and the other to the thief's. I have no remorse for their deaths because each of them has the Thief class in their remnant.

"Should I go by carriage to the capital Altamira or return to the town of Dominir?"

Already sitting in the carriage, I felt indecisive.

If it were up to me, I'd go back to the village, but I'm afraid my parents would worry so much about this attack that they wouldn't let me leave the house anymore. 

'Will I become someone with no class and a virgin for life?... I've decided I'm going to the capital.'

First, I feel that my luck is enough to arrive safely. Second, I want to personally deliver these remnants to the knight order since none of the passengers belong to the Dominir people.

'In the worst case, I can just add 49 points to Luck and survive even a dragon attack… Are there dragons in this place? No, there aren't. Haa... Still, was being a driver always so boring?'

After driving for 8 hours, my mind and butt are exhausted.

There was nothing unusual along the way, and the horses were used to the journey, so I did practically nothing. Only my butt was damaged due to the movements of the carriage.

"At least give me the Driver class; that way I'll feel more motivated"

There was a remnant that possessed [Driver Lvl 18], so the class really exists.

I checked my status, but the class is still 'none'.

'Haa, that hurt-…Mm?!'

I thought about the class so much that a new window opened.

[Classes]

[None Lvl 15

Survivor Lvl 1

Driver Lvl 1]

'Wow!'

Unexpectedly, 'None' is a class…

'Come to think of it, the level of that class is the equivalent of my age. Both for me and my parents, that level coincided with age. Does this mean that, having no class, the level is replaced by age?'

[Survivor Lvl 1]

[Your chances of survival improve as the risk increases. The higher the risk, the higher the chance of survival]

[Driver Lvl 1]

[Any animal or monster that draws a carriage will obey you in everything. Your control of the carriage increases significantly]

'Is there a Survivor's guild? No, there is not… Then it's normally impossible to change the class to survivor.'

And one for the Driver class, only the merchant guild can change the class to Driver, but there is a small chance that the class will change by itself depending on the effort put into driving.

For example, the farmer class will naturally appear if you work on the land for a few years.

"I've never heard of anyone having the survivor class... Well, if you think about it a bit, the person has to constantly survive extreme situations for the class to change naturally. But… Can I change it with my UI?"

'Change class to Survivor.'

"Please, please, just change."

[Emir] [Survivor Lvl 1]

'It changed!!'

With this, I have a better chance of arriving safely at Altamira, the capital. To level it up, I just have to kill some monsters to get experience, or survive extreme situations. Of course, I won't do the latter.

"Hmm… Can I have two classes at the same time?"

'I knew it! Changing status causes addiction. Not for nothing have I avoided touching the user interface all these years! When I was an innocent child, I told myself not to play with such dangerous things, and look at me now. Wishing to have two classes at the same time!'

"Will it be possible?"

'Two classes. Add Driver. Come on, change.'

[Insufficient Free Points]

[2 points are required to proceed]

'I can do it! Haa… But I'm short on points.'

"Ah… Well, whatever! I won't miss a point less in Strength and Agility, right?"

Now strength and agility only have 9 points, but in return…

[Emir] [Survivor Lvl 1] [Driver Lv1]

HP=10 || MP=1

Agility=9 || Strength=9

Intelligence=10 || Luck=13

[Resistances]

Physical=1 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

Both classes were successfully activated. As for my body, I don't really feel any change. A point must be a very small difference to be able to feel any change.

Now that the novelty of the class change has worn off, I don't think it was necessary to spend two points to get the driver's class...

'Haa, once I get to the capital, Altamira, I'll deactivate that class.'

After all, in my daily life, such a class is useless.

 

194