Ch 9: Harvesting loot in mass
7.6k 8 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Snow Fur x2]

[x21]

[Snow Fur x4]

[x26]

'I can't believe I'm harvesting loot from bosses en masse.'

Right now my inventory shows 17 [Snow Furs]. The loot is so rare that only by defeating the floor boss is there a chance to get it. In the case of the normal snow wolves, the item drop chance is so low that finding it can be considered a miracle.

[Snow Fur x4]

[x30]

[Snow Wolf Rune]

[x31]

'My holy god Solus. Are my eyes seeing well?'

I clearly remember that a rune costs one gold coin. That's the price Erick told me when adding skills to my sword and chain mail. Since I will be an individual seller, it is to be expected that the sale price will decrease. Even so, it will be a non-negligible value.

[Snow Wolf Rune]

[Adds freeze to a weapon and ice defense to armor]

Both possibilities are good on higher floors. The Snow Wolf will be able to cast ice magic, and it will be amazing to have an ice defense in such a case. After fighting them so many times, I realized that they never cast magic here. Since my parents reached the upper floors, it is to be expected that the snow wolves that they told me about must be different from the ones I am fighting. Now I understand that, on the lower floors, it will be difficult to see magic.

Back on topic, my best option is to add freeze to this weapon, because I can slow down the enemy's movements the more I damage them.

'It's a pity my iron sword doesn't have three slots.'

[Snow Wolf Rune x2]

[x36]

[Snow Wolf Rune x4]

[x41]

'Long live the [Chain] skill! I'm not collecting snow wolf runes anymore, but gold coins! That this place doesn't offer good returns? Who said that?! This labyrinth is made of gold!!'

[Snow Wolf Scroll]

[x46]

'Wait wait wait… Snow Wolf Scroll?! A Scroll of Magic?!'

[Snow Wolf Scroll]

[Consumable item, allows Blizzard magic to be used in exchange for the scroll]

This is the magic that my parents spoke of. A magic that the wolf uses to freeze everything in its path. Those who do not possess resistance to magic are merely dreaming if they think they can survive such an attack. 

'Wow, such fierce magic… it's now in my hands.'

[Snow Wolf Scroll]

[x50]

[Snow Wolf Scroll]

[x50]

'Mmm?! Does it no longer advance? Haa… Is this the limit?'

I tried defeating another Snow Wolf, but the marker didn't advance. 

'I can draw two conclusions from this: the first is that the chain of [Snow Wolf Lv1] can only go up to number 50, and the second… maybe a higher-level monster is needed to continue the chain.'

On the upper floors, the strength of the snow wolf will increase, and, proportionally, the loot will also increase in quality.

'That being the case… Will the boss of the first floor fulfill the conditions?'

I calmly walked in the direction of the boss's room. Thanks to the map, I found the shortest path as well as the necessary [Snow Wolves] to keep the chain active. Some time later, at the same moment that I defeated the monster in front of me, I arrived at the entrance to the boss's room.

"Fuu… Here we go"

I opened the doors, and then, slowly, the torches lit up until they illuminated the entire room. There, in the center, is the floor boss looking at me with its eyes that partially reflect the light.

[Snow Wolf Lv1]

"Come on, I must defeat you in less than 30 minutes!"

"GRUAAA "

With my shout and its roar, the battle began. We both started running towards each other's position, and due to its heavy weight, it generated small-scale tremors in the room.

When I am at just 4 meters from it, the wolf opened its mouth, trying to bite me. I quickly slid on the floor and managed to avoid the attack by a few centimeters.

The moment I found myself under its neck, I picked up my feet and then jumped. My sword was perfectly aimed at its throat, and if I pierce it, the wolf will die.

Sensing the danger, the wolf instinctively jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding my sword. But the monster still had to pay a price, and my weapon generated a considerable cut in the boss’s neck that, instantly, started to bleed.

It wasn't a deep cut, but it hampered the monster’s movements.

"With my new chain mail and iron sword, the difficulty of the boss decreased a lot"

Although my previous sword could damage the boss’ body, it only showed its greatest potential in the weak parts of the wolf's body. Now, with an iron sword, I can cut the monster’s flesh no matter what, even more so given the [Edge] skill.

The wolf approached me and then attacked me vertically with its paw. I dodged the attack by moving to the right, but the blow was such that stones flew everywhere when the leg hit the ground.

I covered part of my face with my arm, and when the rocks stopped hitting me, I realized my mistake. The wolf again moved its paw, this time in a horizontal line.

I moved my sword as fast as I could to block the attack, and its claws collided with my sword, generating an impact of such magnitude that I took more than three steps back before I balanced myself.

'Nice! Neither the sword nor the mail was damaged. The money was well spent.'

Without waiting for the wolf, I approached it and swung my sword at its body. The cut was similar to a knife cutting through butter, and nothing prevented a diagonal line from being created on the boss’ body.

"Gruaa!"

The pain drove the wolf crazy, and it fiercely attacked me with its two paws, one after the other. I avoided the first one by jumping back, and I used my sword for the second, so the impact would help me get away.

The boss prepared a third attack, but I got close to its body as fast as I could. Behind me, I could hear its paw hitting the ground hard. Without diverting my attention, I launched an attack towards its neck, and the sword plunged clearly into the center of its throat.

"Ghhhhh" Without its vocal cords, its roar was very strange.

Without time to remove the sword, I had to get as far away from it as possible, since the monster frantically charged in all directions, hoping to kill me with its last efforts.

In just 5 seconds, the wolf lost its strength and fell to the ground without any apparent movement.

"Well, the chain is still active. I'm looking forward to knowing if my theory is correct"

I approached the wolf and drew the sword from its neck. This caused golden particles to surround its body, indicating its death.

"The sword has no scratch… Erick is a good blacksmith"

I start to assess the sword… When I suddenly feel cold air in front of me.

Emir: "!!!"

I backed away from the Snow Wolf with all my might.

The next second, there was an explosion behind me. My body quickly lost temperature, and then… Everything went back to normal.

The wolf's ice magic disappeared as if it never existed.

[Snow Wolf Scroll x2]

[Snow Wolf Summon Scroll]

[x51]

In front of me, the golden particles disappeared along with the wolf's final attack.

'This time the luck attribute acted rampant. I was saved thanks to those 13 points.'

"Never corner too much a beast that is on the verge of death."

I already knew that saying, and even so, I was not able to put it into practice. Here, the mistake did not come from not noticing the signs of the wolf's magic, but rather from removing my sword in a painful way for the monster. The pain was enough to lift the body from its grave and release its last breath.

'From now on, I will be more respectful towards the deaths of others.'

I approached its previous position, and then I noticed the loot. Not only that, but the chain increased to 51, so my theory was correct.

"Hm? Wait...two different loot? I understand the 2 [Snow Wolf Scroll], but why did it drop a [Snow Wolf Summon Scroll]?"

I walked around them for a few seconds before I understood the reason for this.

While the former is due to the chain, the latter is due to the fact that it is loot from a floor boss. Although the quality is subject to probability, the boss will always leave loot, and by adding the [Chain] skill… Well, the result obtained is in front of me.

[Snow Wolf Summon Scroll]

[Consumable item that allows the user to summon a Snow Wolf. It will be at the mercy of the summoner and will disappear when its HP reaches zero]

'As expected of floor boss loot. Sadly, this magic probably requires a lot of mana to activate.'

 

171