Ch 13: Since when did I become so fierce?
7.2k 10 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the fifth day since I arrived at the knight's order.

Initially, I thought it would be a test where I would shed sweat and tears, but it wasn't.

The tests given by the knight in charge tripled. 

It seems that, in the first 4 days, the tests that were most likely to give the warrior class were carried out, with Stella being the only one who achieved it.

In the afternoon, we went back to training with our opponent. Unexpectedly, Yair did not bring an assistant, although he did bring steel underpants… They also had an empty slot, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

***

The next day.

Now I'm worried. In the first test of the day, 2 nobles and 8 commoners got the warrior class. In the second, a nobleman and 7 commoners. In the third, 5 nobles and 21 commoners.

A total of 8 nobles and 36 commoners obtained the [Warrior] class.

In the afternoon, I beat Yair. So, my worries have lightened a bit.

"Pss Pss"

"Hmm?"

As I was going to my room, someone beckoned me to come over. The closer I got to the person, the further away he or she went. He or she seemed to be guiding me towards a secluded place. 

Since the map marked the person in blue, I didn't worry. After all, if it were an enemy, it would be marked in red.

"Emir, how have you been?"

Unexpectedly, it's Stella. It is true that we spoke on the first day of the knight test, but I didn't expect it would be enough for her to take me to a dark place and try to take advantage of me… There is no other way, I will have to undress.

"I know the knights have been mean to you, which is why I got some help delivering this to you."

'Hey? Aren't you trying to take advantage of me? What a pity.'

I looked where she pointed, and then… Tears fell from my eyes.

A 3m high barrel filled with hot water, small pots on the side, and also some soaps. The flies following me trembled in fear.

'I see… After taking a bath, she will take advantage of me… There is no other way, I will have to take a bath.'

Without a second thought, I took off my high-class clothes, which no longer looked high-class, and headed to the makeshift bathroom.

"W-What are you doing?!! Don't get naked in front of me!"

Emir: "…"

'6 days ago… would I have done this? No, absolutely no. Wow, the knight test is really effective. Only fools just come here for the warrior class.'

"Don't worry, I'll burn the clothes later."

"I did not mean that!"

Ignoring her cries, I took a pot and filled it with water. After getting wet, I cleaned myself with the soap and then, another pot to rinse myself.

'Well, it's time to get into the barrel-tub.'

"Hey! What are you doing? That water is for everyone!" Originally, Stella planned to leave, but when she saw my action, she immediately came back.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk" I clicked my tongue at the same time that I shook my index finger.

"There is a very important flaw in your plan. When Yair started bothering me, none of the commoners gave me a hand. At least they could have talked to me when no one was around, so the bullying wouldn't spread to them... But they didn't. Do you really expect me to share this with them now that I've found a treasure?!"

"You! You're selfish!!"

'Hmph, from the beginning I knew I couldn't be with a woman like her, so I might as well keep my honor as a man until the end.'

Without hesitation, I entered the barrel.

"Haa. This feels great. Haa"

"Selfish! It is true that Yair has bothered you, but you have been able to defend yourself. The others constantly suffer humiliation. They treat them like slaves, and every second that passes, they shout 'commoner' in their faces! They have never been called by their name!"

She is right about that, only when they handed us the keys to the room did they call us by name. After that, I've only heard 'commoner' here and there.

"There's a reason for that, but, since you were the first to get the [Warrior] class, you must be smart enough to figure it out, right?"

Stella: "!!!"

At first, Stella was taken aback by my words, but then she found the answer.

"Since there is too much discrimination in the order, the knights treat them badly from the beginning, so the newcomers will withdraw if they can't take it."

'Yes. Currently, they have nothing to lose, so they won't hesitate to take their things and leave. But what will happen when they get some achievements? They will just stay there, enduring the mistreatment, because they don't want to lose their hard-earned achievements'

Many will have already come to that conclusion. Maybe Stella didn't think about it because, for her, this test was very funny. After all… She was the one who always laughed when Yair bothered me!

'Although, thinking about it more carefully, it seemed that I was the one bothering Yair… It must be my imagination.'

"Hmm… There are high officials in the order who come from humble origins, and all of them suddenly made a name for themselves overnight... But they actually put together achievements without attracting attention and then publicized them once they had enough. That way the nobles couldn't touch them!" Stella said excitedly.

If they had drawn attention earlier, the nobles would have noticed them and nipped them in the bud before they grew too large.

"Then helping them is wrong…" She continued thinking aloud.

"That's right. And that's why I sacrificed myself and entered the barrel!"

"Liar! You just didn't want to share water!"

'I do not deny it.'

"Haa... The way things are with the Drial Cenit kingdom, they'll be able to get a lot of achievements unnoticed. I'll help them in the worst-case scenario."

Suddenly, Stella said something interesting.

"Did something happen related to the Drial Cenit kingdom?"

"Didn't you know? Currently, there is friction between the Castemira kingdom and the Drial Cenit kingdom. The center of the discussion is the Lucia River. It passes through both kingdoms, and both want to make it theirs. That is why they have increased the taxes on the products of the kingdom. For that reason, some products have gone up a lot in price, while others have gone down too much."

'That's all? Haha, she scared me. If it is because of the Lucia River, then war is impossible. It is true that it is a river with a great flow, but it is not enough to go to war. But this information is valuable, if I find out which products have gone down a lot in price, then I'll save a lot of money.'

"Well, then I say goodbye," says Stella, with a resigned expression on her face, after accepting that I don't plan to share the water.

"Goodnight"

Seeing her back, I controlled my user interface and opened the map. I marked the blue dot in front of me and named it [Stella Damore]. As she moved away, so did the custom marker.

Once she was gone, I looked up at the starry sky and sighed.

'Unexpectedly, I had a wide-open conversation with a beautiful woman while I was bathing naked... Since when did I become so fierce?'

***

The seventh and last day of the knight test.

I carried out the knight's three instructions to the letter. Although a certain person, who should be neutered now, bothered me, I still did them from start to finish without fail.

"Thank you to all the participants for having given this knight test. Being a knight is not only the class but a philosophy. I hope that those who did not manage to obtain the warrior class will be willing to attend next term to give it another try. With this... I end the knight test."

'I gave my all to make this a success, and then… Why did Yair get the [Warrior] class and I didn't?'

"Hahaha. Come commoner! Knight Yair will show you the difference between a [None] class and a [Warrior]!"

"Good for me!" I raised the club.

"Didn't you hear me? Do you really think your stupid sheathed sword will suffice?"

"Talk with your sword."

"You will see…"

Emir: "…"

The aura he shows right now is very different from the usual Yair. His eyes radiate a thick thirst for blood, and he has greater confidence in his sword, as a true warrior who has survived countless battles.

He just took a single step, and the ground sank under his footstep. The next second, he jumped in my direction.

'Has he gotten faster?'

With that fleeting thought, I blocked his sword horizontally, an action I have done for 7 days in a row, whose action and consequence I know by heart.

Or at least… It was.

Emir: "!!!"

The strength behind his sword was such that I took a step back before I even balanced.

'What's going on here?'

Seeing this, Yair smiled. Then he made a movement that I had never seen before. He raised his sword to the sky. Anyone would think he was planning to perform a vertical line attack, but the next moment, the sword moved a few centimeters, attacking diagonally.

'In just a fraction of a second, he changed his attack! Can a class change make such drastic changes to a person?'

152