Ch 14: No no no. God, please no
7k 15 149
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Yair Cangani] [Warrior Lvl1]

[(Royal blood)]

HP=20 || MP=1

Agility=4 || Strength=20

Intelligence=7 || Luck=1

[Resistances]

Physical=4 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

All of his status points were reset at the time of the class change, concentrating on HP and strength as well as increasing his physical resistance. In other words, he has more life, is stronger, and takes less damage. In addition, this caused his intelligence to decrease.

'With all this, I already know how to defeat him.'

"Hahaha, I told you! Now, draw your sword, or else you will die!"

The Yair in front of me looks like a fight-loving brute.

During all this time, I've been barely blocking his attacks, since his current strength is twice my own. I originally thought he'd get tired, but based on his state, I have to say that it won't be the case.

He seemed to swing his sword to the side, but in reality, he was attacking straight up.

I quickly dodged to his left and clubbed him in the chin.

Normally, there would be a pause in his movements, but now, he reacted immediately by swinging his sword horizontally. Before the sword reached me, I jumped to position myself behind his back and hit him on the back of the head.

Yair: "!!!"

It seems this time the attack was successful, as his movements slowed down for a few seconds. I took the opportunity to give him two more blows to the back of his head, and he fell to the floor on his knees.

"The knight has already dispatched us. It's time to go"

"You dare to leave in the middle of our duel?"

'Haa, the class change really turned him into a fight lover. Though he used similar phrases before, this time he said them in a villainous tone… It's better to leave while I can.'

"Well, since that's what you wish! Throw me my own sword!!"

"As you command," replied a noble nearby.

This made me curious, so I turned my head to see…

[Tempered Steel Sword] [Slot: (Holy Path)]

[Sacred Way]

[The true path of a holy knight. Only usable by masters of the Cangani Sword Style. Lvl1 needs warrior class. Lvl2 needs knight class. Lvl3 needs holy knight class]

'I knew it! Royal blood couldn't be weak!! I had a hard time handling the fight before because of his strength. If he adds that ability, I'm afraid that guy will have a real chance to hurt me!'

I quickly wielded the club… I aimed at the sword in the air… And threw the club.

Both the sword and the club collided successfully. Both of them were sent flying for a few meters.

'I'll miss you, cudgel, but my real sword is in the inventory.'

While others went to collect their belongings from the magic-guarded box, I simply walked out of the knight's order.

'What happened to Yair? Ahh. He went to get his sword.'

Apparently, he came to his senses when he saw his real sword disappear into thin air. While he was chasing his sword, I controlled the UI and left a mark on his blue dot with the name [Yair Cangani], so that I would never run into him on the road again.

***

[Emir Lvl15] [Class: None]

"Everything is in order. You can go out"

"Thanks"

I did a little experiment. Because the vast majority of people are still inside the knight order's facilities, the line to exit is short. So, like the previous time, they confirmed my identity with the magical identification object.

The result is in sight. The knight could only identify my first class, while the second was invisible.

[Emir Lvl15] [None] [Adventurer Lvl1]

I've always wanted to check this out. I originally planned to do it on the first day of the test, but the long queue put me off, and the shout 'Come this way without queuing' tempted me too much. During all this time, I have had those two classes active and, only today, I was able to quench my thirst for curiosity.

'Time to bring back Survivor Lvl2.'

[Warrior Lvl1]

Emir: "…"

'Well, let's recap.'

I opened the class window, and [Warrior Lvl1] appeared at the bottom of the list.

'End of recapitulation. Hey! Hey! hey! What happened? Didn't I look up to the sky a few minutes ago, saying 'Parents, I failed you', and now, suddenly, the class shows up? Although I did not say such a thing, that did not make the moment less emotional. There was even a final battle with an all-powerful Yair-…'

Emir: "…"

'Well, it makes sense. The only thing I haven't done is fight someone with the warrior class. So… that was the last trigger? Should I go back to the knight order now?'

Emir: "…"

'I don't know why, but seeing that I actually have the class took all the joy out of me.'

During these 7 days, I felt imprisoned. At first, the room looked like a cell. Second, the room smelled like a fart. Third, there are no toilets for commoners. Fourth, Yair.

'Why the fuck would I go back? Bye! See you!'

***

I walked peacefully through the streets and avenues of the capital. 

The air seemed so comfortable to me, and the noise of the people seemed so melodic. I even missed those people who looked down on me just because of the clothes I wear.

Because right now, I'm wearing the same clothes with which I arrived in the capital. 

Yesterday, after Stella left, I really burned my high-quality clothes that didn't seem high quality anymore, and put on the ones stored in inventory. It was the first time I felt so good about burning money.

In my state of peace of mind, I arrived in front of the blacksmith Erick's shop.

"Well, what do we have here? The renowned knight has come to assess my weapons."

While Erick was talking to an employee, he noticed me and said such a phrase with a smile on his face. 

'It is the first time that I see an employee. Perhaps they only appear very late in the afternoon or in the evening. I knew that the capital is alive 24 hours a day, but I never thought that Erick would join this trend.'

"Do you want me to identify some weapons?"

"Actually, I didn't. I just say it as a greeting"

"…"

"The truth is that the tempered steel sword with three free slots still keeps me entertained. Hundreds of runes, thousands of effects…I haven't been able to sleep because of the excitement... Oh, by the way, I'll introduce him to you. He's my slave, Jack."

'So, the employee is actually a slave.' 

He bowed slightly in greeting as I nodded. 

Jack has dark brown hair; he's 2 meters tall, and he's a bit overweight. What's peculiar about him is that his arms are very muscular.

"Well… Show me your knight's badge."

"I don't have one. While I did the test, I realized that being a knight is not my thing."

"Hahaha, I knew it! Didn't I tell you that time? You have the face of an adventurer. My eyes never fail" Erick laughed, at the same time that he hit my shoulder noisily. "Haa… But you realized it at a bad time." 

"Mm? Why do you say that?"

"I think you may have already heard about the conflict between the two kingdoms. The thing is... That day I sent you to the slave trade, these slaves were on off-prices. Their prices dropped a lot last week!"

'I have a bad feeling.'

"But now, the slaves have not only returned to their normal price but have increased in price. Some even doubled!"

'Nooo! My masochistic slave!!'

"So, you only have two options in front of you: form a group of novice adventurers, and increase their confidence over time. Or, you can wait a few weeks for the price of slaves to settle."

'Oh, what a bad time. That time Erick sent me to the slave trade, I thought he did it to change my view of slaves. I never thought they were on off-prices! I'm sorry for doubting you, Erick! Now, the question is... how much has that girl's price gone up to?' I just pray to God they can't identify [Masochist Lvl 1] in her status, otherwise her price will skyrocket!'

After talking for a few minutes with Erick, we said goodbye, and I walked in the direction of the mail service. I chose a homing pigeon, similar to the one from last time, and wrote to my parents about what happened in the knight test. I also told them about my desire to be an adventurer. Of course, I skipped all content related to obtaining a slave.

Once the pigeon was sent, I headed towards the hotel. There, the receptionist tried to start a conversation with me, but I excused myself, saying I wanted to rest.

Then, when I was already stretched out in bed, I looked up at the ceiling.

'Nooo! My masochistic slave!! No, no, no. God, please no.'

I rolled over in bed.

'Cof Cof… Alright, let's think rationally. I clearly remember that Leo said 'more than 50 gold coins' and, at the time, it was just a guess. So, her price that week must have been somewhere between 50 and 65 gold coins. Now, I suppose the normal price was 80 gold coins… So, this week, her price must have risen to… a white gold coin, and that under optimistic assumptions.'

The slave Alessia had only arrived in the slave trade that day. So, there should be some preparation time before showing her to the public. That being the case,...There is a high probability that she only entered the catalog this week.

'Who could shell out a white gold coin overnight? No, not even the nobles can. Well, now I can sleep peacefully. Tomorrow, I'll talk to Leo.'

149